Stephen Ross offered Brian Flores $100,000 for each game he lost/ Flores also suing Giants for racism

Rhg1084

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Actually if you look at the history of school choice and vouchers it started as a reaction by some southern states against Brown vs the Board of Education and integration of schools. They tried to use it as a way to get around the US Supreme Court. But it’s up again in a case next term and good chance they will win with this court. 

Can we give the kids in Baltimore a choice?  Or do they have to go back to the schools where literally 90% of the kids don’t do math on grade level?

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, BallinPB said:

Do you have a problem or something?  I said you may have a point on that and race may play a factor in it yet you keep with your passive aggressive comments.  I didn't say I doubt I said i would need to look more into research papers on the subject.  Am I supposed to just take you on your word?   

You take Peace Frog’s word on it and he didn’t even need research or an article. 

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

When your argument devolves to ad hominem attacks, you know you lost the argument. 

Where is the attack? This is literally what ever conservative does. Bring up the conservative black economist when they can’t prove a point.  

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, DetroitRed said:

Can we give the kids in Baltimore a choice?  Or do they have to go back to the schools where literally 90% of the kids don’t do math on grade level?

Just my opinion but to me it’s an intentional attempt to lower the standards of public education. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Tranquilo said:

You take Peace Frog’s word on it and he didn’t even need research or an article. 

There's a difference in talking about a complex subject like we are than whether Joe Biden, Trump or Reagan said something before a SC appointment.  If you don't understand that then I don't know what to say.

28 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Blacks achieve more wealth in America than any other place on the face of the planet, and it’s not even close.  Some of us take advantage of that.  Others don’t 

I prefer African-Americans tbh. I feel like the idea of black and white is beyond antiquated and frankly lazy rhetoric.  I get what you are saying but just want to point it out.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

Where is the attack? This is literally what ever conservative does. Bring up the conservative black economist when they can’t prove a point.  

You attacked the source and not the argument.

No. It's not "literally what ever conservative does", and it's not even figuratively what every conservative does.

Using a Thomas Sowell quote to prove you wrong is somehow not proving a point? Do you see how silly that sounds?

• Upvote 2

Just now, DoubleDecker said:

I prefer African-Americans tbh. I feel like the idea of black and white is beyond antiquated and frankly lazy rhetoric.  I get what you are saying but just want to point it out.

Fine.  Nigerian Americans frankly kick ass as immigrants.  No handouts needed 

• Upvote 2

Where there is smoke, there is fire.  Remember Goodell went on National TV and apologized to Kap on behalf of the league, which includes the owners. So far all we see are African-American and Afro-Latino coaches speaking up about being paid to tank, would love to hear if any other coaches outside this demographic were also offered money to lose.  Seems like they could have been used as sacrificial lambs once the draft pick was acquired and shipped out for the desired coach.  Just food for thought....

• Haha 1

Just now, DetroitRed said:

Fine.  Nigerian Americans frankly kick ass as immigrants.  No handouts needed 

This is a great point.  Blacks who immigrate from other countries do particularly much better than blacks who are already here for some reason.  I can imagine it's cultural but I don't want to dive too deep into that.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You attacked the source and not the argument.

No. It's not "literally what ever conservative does", and it's not even figuratively what every conservative does.

Using a Thomas Sowell quote to prove you wrong is somehow not proving a point? Do you see how silly that sounds?

Yes, which is exactly why I laughed 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Jesus.

The case in front of the Supreme Court is about public funding of religious education. I’m against it. There’s supposed to be a separation of church and state. If you take that funding out of public schools you’re defunding them. And it’s intentional. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

This is a great point.  Blacks who immigrate from other countries do particularly much better than blacks who are already here for some reason.  I can imagine it's cultural but I don't want to dive too deep into that.  

I mean you could extrapolate that to many groups of immigrants, not just people immigrating from the African diaspora.  For example, I know many many European and Asian immigrants that excel in America once they enter America.  I also know many European Americans that do not do well too.  It's rooted in many things including culture.  The whole point of this is Brian Flores is saying there is a bias that we are not privy to and he chose to bring this to the forefront.  Time will tell whether he is right, regardless the NFL is like any other defendant, innocent until proven guilty.  Even Ross is as well.  The NFL is entertaining and hearing that fix may indeed be in in South Beach, is crazy town!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

People saying that the nfl ain’t rigged.. lmao

? 

So - I'm going to ask you something again that I asked you in the other thread weeks ago, that you still have not answered. (at least, not to my knowledge)

If you are so convinced the NFL is "fixed"/"rigged" and that the games, generally speaking, are not "on the level," then why do you watch? Why are you a Jets fan? Are you holding out hope that the league will eventually decide to "fix" games for the Jets? Do you believe the NFL fixed the Super Bowl this year? Did they want Burrow in instead of Mahomes? Etc. 

These are not rhetorical questions. I genuinely want to understand. 

If I thought the MO of the NFL was to fix games, I wouldn't be here. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

After these revelations, anyone really doubt that at least some NFL games are fixed?  I've been on my soapbox about this for decades.

It’s a conspiracy I tell you!!!

And when you're proving right, they’ll say you got lucky. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, DoubleDecker said:

I mean you could extrapolate that to many groups of immigrants, not just people immigrating from the African diaspora.  For example, I know many many European and Asian immigrants that excel in America once they enter America.  I also know many European Americans that do not do well too.  It's rooted in many things including culture.  The whole point of this is Brian Flores is saying there is a bias that we are not privy to and he chose to bring this to the forefront.  Time will tell whether he is right, regardless the NFL is like any other defendant, innocent until proven guilty.  Even Ross is as well.  The NFL is entertaining and hearing that fix may indeed be in in South Beach, is crazy town!

I can get behind that.  Like I said this thread has gone off-topic which is bound to happen whenever race is brought up because of the differing opinions everyone has.  But I can get behind the time will tell whether he is right or not.  

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The case in front of the Supreme Court is about public funding of religious education. I’m against it. There’s supposed to be a separation of church and state. If you take that funding out of public schools you’re defunding them. And it’s intentional. 

Should a student get to pick where they go to school? 

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

So - I'm going to ask you something again that I asked you in the other thread weeks ago, that you still have not answered. (at least, not to my knowledge)

If you are so convinced the NFL is "fixed"/"rigged" and that the games, generally speaking, are not "on the level," then why do you watch? Why are you a Jets fan? Are you holding out hope that the league will eventually decide to "fix" games for the Jets? Do you believe the NFL fixed the Super Bowl this year? Did they want Burrow in instead of Mahomes? Etc. 

These are not rhetorical questions. I genuinely want to understand. 

If I thought the MO of the NFL was to fix games, I wouldn't be here. 

If you want the answers to those questions you should go reread that thread, I’m not typing all that stuff out again. Sorry