Stephen Ross offered Brian Flores $100,000 for each game he lost/ Flores also suing Giants for racism

Rhg1084

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Should a student get to pick where they go to school? 

By "student" I presume you mean "student's parents" and by "where" I presume you mean "to a non-public school, including a religious or politically oriented private for-profit school"?

That is, after all, the current argument being made by Republicans described as the "School Choice" issue.

What would you say, do you think they should?  

28 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

It necessarily does. We just had a real estate developer from New York be the most powerful man in the world while having a significantly lower net worth. 

Not a good argument about Stephen Ross not being a powerful person. 

Using examples of more powerful people doesn't make another powerful person not powerful. The argument isn't over who is the most powerful. Stephen Ross is a powerful person whether you want to admit it or not. Not being as powerful as Jeff Bezos means that he is not as powerful as Jeff Bezos. 

I like how you moved the goalpost from powerful to world power.

I didn't move anything. You just didnt read the whole exchange.

The original post I was replying to said that Stephen Ross was one of the most powerful people in the world

And that is something Ross is not. 

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You laughed at being proven wrong with a quote? I get mad when I lose an argument. 

The quote had nothing to do with what I said. Not sure how that’s being proven wrong. Just thought it was funny that I have to read Thomas Sewell quotes again. You can stop being weird now and stop inserting yourself in something that has nothing to do with you. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

By "student" I presume you mean "student's parents" and by "where" I presume you mean "to a non-public school, including a religious or politically oriented private for-profit school"?

That is, after all, the current argument being made by Republicans described as the "School Choice" issue.

What would you say, do you think they should?  

No I mean public school of their choice.  If we are really interested in taking on inequality that’s a good place to begin 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

LMFAOOOO ?????

Missed opportunity, I really should have said:

Well, I really liked Milton Friedman's 40 time, but Paul Krugman is just a beast in the weight room.

Damn, why do all the really good jokes come to me too late......

• Haha 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

No I mean public school of their choice.  If we are really interested in taking on inequality that’s a good place to begin 

Ok, fair enough, wanted to make sure I understood, given the frequency of "School Choice" meaning what I wrote, not to an alternate public school.

We want to fix education, the first step is literal communism:  Stop funding schools within a state at wildly different levels based almost entirely on local property taxes. 

Best of luck getting anyone to sign off on THAT, lol.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I agree. But why limit this to public schools? Can we give the parents the allocation instead of the school, and have them make that choice?  Instead of the teachers’ union or political parties?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

The quote had nothing to do with what I said. Not sure how that’s being proven wrong. Just thought it was funny that I have to read Thomas Sewell quotes again. You can stop being weird now and stop inserting yourself in something that has nothing to do with you. 

Calling you out your logical fallacy is being weird?

You can use the PM function if you want to keep your public discussions private. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Ok, fair enough, wanted to make sure I understood, given the frequency of "School Choice" meaning what I wrote, not to an alternate public school.

We want to fix education, the first step is literal communism:  Stop funding schools within a state at wildly different levels based almost entirely on local property taxes. 

I mean we are looking for change right? Much more relevant and important than millionaire coaches

Just now, Warfish said:

I have a couple years to think about whether I want to pay $15K a year to send my daughter to a much better but not great private school then to send her to public school in a sh*tty district.   I live in a nice neighborhood also it's just the school district borders suck ass.  There has to be a better way.  

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Calling you out your logical fallacy is being weird?

You can use the PM function if you want to keep your public discussions private. 

You called it out like 10 posts ago. Lol and it wasn’t even an attack. You’re a weirdo. That’s an attack. 

the real logical fallacy is appeal to authority. Maybe call that out next time and leave me the **** alone?

3 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

I agree. But why limit this to public schools? Can we give the parents the allocation instead of the school, and have them make that choice?  Instead of the teachers’ union or political parties?

I think I agree but dealing with antiquated district lines in wealthy enclaves is a good place to start. Mount Vernon and Bronxville literally border one another lol.

9 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This story is to juicy to stop

Dan Abrams and Mike Florio Believe Dolphins Owner Could Face Legal Trouble: ‘This is a Massive Deal that Could Lead to Criminal Charges’

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/dan-abrams-and-mike-florio-believe-dolphins-owner-could-face-legal-trouble-this-is-a-massive-deal-that-could-lead-to-criminal-charges/

Dolphins fans crying and rejoicing at the same time.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

What a weird thread. Honestly can't believe none of the mods have locked it. 

It's because I put that In Before the Lock gif in, and I don't think a thread has ever locked when I post that in one. 

No idea why

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Tranquilo said:

I'm not engaging with a clown who think that it's JUST NOW that race has anything to do with SC nominees. 

You're naive, intentionally dense, or racist if you think that the only time race has "anything to do with" is when they're looking to hire a black person. But I guess that's how you would perceive things if you're the default race in this country.

Yes, I'll openly admit my naivety and denseness.  It comes from living in the bubble I was blessed to live in.  That's where people like you are supposed to come in.  Give me examples to help me better understand what I'm not seeing.  I don't need generalities like "what are you stupid?  Of course it's a problem!"  All that does is make me think it's NOT a problem, because if it was there'd be examples galore.  I don't know how many black people are trying to become head coaches.  I don't know how many are "better" than their counterparts but are being discounted due to skin color.  It sounds like you have an ideal situation in your mind, and there's nothing wrong with that.  But there's a huge difference between "less than ideal" and "blatantly racist" and I guess I'll have to keep waiting for someone to convince me we're dealing with the latter . . .

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I didn't move anything. You just didnt read the whole exchange.

The original post I was replying to said that Stephen Ross was one of the most powerful people in the world

And that is something Ross is not. 

If you don't think that a global real estate developer who is around the 185th richest person in the world is not a powerful person, I don't know what to tell you. I am not denying that there are more powerful and influential people in this world. Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk are leagues ahead of Stephen Ross in terms of wealth and power. That doesn't in any way change the fact that Stephen Ross is ONE of the most powerful people in the world. 

The 185th ranked tennis player in the world is one of the best tennis players in the world. The gap between them and Djokovic is wide, but the person at 185 is an extremely talented player, and one of the best players in the world. 

If your argument is that Stephen Ross is one of the least powerful of the most powerful people in the world, I would agree. It still remains that Stephen Ross is a powerful man and one of the most powerful people in the world.