Stephen Ross offered Brian Flores $100,000 for each game he lost/ Flores also suing Giants for racism

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

They told Daboll they would hire him prior to interviewing Flores, which indicates he was just their plausible Rooney Rule patsy.

Incorrect, it's been well documented that Frazier and Graham interviewed before Daboll so Flores wasn't "just their plausible Rooney Rule patsy"

The other stuff he says about Ross and offering 100k per loss is a completely different level. 

I think he did this because of a culmination of issues. But not getting the Giants job sounds more like him whining than anything else. Hate to tell you Brian, but we've all had interviews where an earlier candidate, possibly inside the company, was already offered the position, get over it. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Someone that REALLY wanted to make a stand, would have done so when those events happened, ESPECIALLY the Ross thing. 

If he had true conviction, he would have resigned the next day, with the receipts, and then obtained a lawyer and blasted the NFL. 

Not wait until now when things arent going his way. 

The way he went about it makes him look just as slimy. 

Emma Thompson Reaction GIF

57 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jacksonville seemed like they deliberately tanked that game against us this year. Go back and rewatch that final drive from them to win the game, it was absurd

Remember when we blew that 4th QTR lead against the Raiders on the final play.  We had a genius in Gase. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Between the broncos statement and the fact that he backstabbed belly, who has apparently been nothing but a friend to him, Flores better come up with some damning evidence on Ross or he is just a bitter liar.

I mean did he breathalyze Elway? What a bizarre story

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

"Well, I haven't read the complaint, have little knowledge of the law, but here's what actually happened and why it's definitely not racism"

-- The same old men at Jet Nation Dot Com.  Literally every single time.

Wish i could give this 1 million blue ♥️ 

• Upvote 1

Well this certainly explains why the dolphins fired him, defying Ross’s instructions. 
We’ve always said stuff like this goes on behind the scenes, love to see the curtain ripped back 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Incorrect, it's been well documented that Frazier and Graham interviewed before Daboll so Flores wasn't "just their plausible Rooney Rule patsy"

The other stuff he says about Ross and offering 100k per loss is a completely different level. 

I think he did this because of a culmination of issues. But not getting the Giants job sounds more like him whining than anything else. Hate to tell you Brian, but we've all had interviews where an earlier candidate, possibly inside the company, was already offered the position, get over it. 

You weirded me out there so much....MY name is Brian. 😆 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

If these allegations are true about offering money to lose games, the Dolphins are going to lose multiple draft picks, pay millions in fines, but not before the owner is forced to sell the team.

I dont know if anyone recalls, but when the Jets were in on the Tank For Trevor contest, and the Jets won two games that they needed to lose in order to get the first overall draft pick, I posted here that I had some second hand info that the Jets were pressured into not losing games because it was reported to the league by someone inside the Jets CS that they were tanking.  Multiple owners contacted the commish and had him warn the Jets.  Then, they went out and won two games when they were faced with public scandal and possible fines and loss of that draft pick. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bellichek has to be so mad at flores.  He has to be madder at flores then was he was at mangini for spygate.

I cant believe that Belichick is that brain dead to technology that he does not even know what he is doing with cell phone.  Wow

• Haha 1

Bill B resigned on a napkin at his introductory press conference. There is nothing wrong with NYG interviewing Flores even though they knew they wanted Daboll! Joe D said they knew Saleh was their guy yet still interviewed Arthur Smith after him it happens all the time 

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jacksonville seemed like they deliberately tanked that game against us this year. Go back and rewatch that final drive from them to win the game, it was absurd

Let’s stop with this holier than thou stuff.

We’ve been screaming at the Jets for screwing the “tank” for how many years now?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Many jobs that are "posted" aren't even really available, especially in upper level Public Service positions.  Usually municipalities are required to post the position,  but already have an internal candidate and don't even return calls or schedule interviews from outside applicants. 

Dirty business, but true. 

I'm pretty sure the U of M Head Football Coach job was posted.

I didn't even get an interview.  Ended up going to Harbaugh.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The previous head coach was black. Racist organizations don't hire a black man and then suddenly only want to hire a white man. 

Why Vance Joseph, Not Kyle Shanahan, Got Broncos Job - Sports Illustrated

Also, the Giants had a black GM for a decade and won two Super Bowls with him. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

“We’ll I’ve read the complaint, have little knowledge of the law, but here’s what happened and why it’s definitely racism”. 

The same young men at Jet Nation Dot Com.  Literally every single time. 

Despite that not really happening, I guess I'll just have to be grateful you acknowledged that the young men at least bother to do the reading.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Despite that not really happening, I guess I'll just have to be grateful you acknowledged that the young men at least bother to do the reading.

The cliff notes. 

We’ve raised a bunch of lazy ones. 

Not mine mind you. 

12 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Funny that in the suit it says the dolphins lead a campaign to paint Flores as the “angry black man” and that’s the same narrative  some on here are parroting 

Hmmmmm…

I don’t care that he is angry or not.

I believe he is legally misguided.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Funny that in the suit it says the dolphins lead a campaign to paint Flores as the “angry black man” and that’s the same narrative  some on here are parroting 

Hmmmmm…

Question.

If Flores got the Giants job, does he say a word about 

A - The Broncos interview

B - The Ross accusation

?

• Upvote 1

I think at the end of the day it’s easy to complain when you don’t get a job. Racism shouldn’t be the go to every time. It just damages the definition of the word. Dude was already a head coach.

and I guarantee everyone here has interviewed for a job and didn’t get it because of an internal candidate or a candidate who had an in with the decision maker. I was legit told two weeks ago I was the choice, but the hiring committee knows the internal candidate and I was turned away. I didn’t cry racism even though the hiring committee was made up of people of a different race than me. I get it. And that’s what happened here. A guy who worked with the bills hired a guy he knows who worked with the bills. End of story.

the actual scandal is an owner offering money to have a coach throw games. That’s worse than Pete rose kind of accusations.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, usanyj said:

I think at the end of the day it’s easy to complain when you don’t get a job. Racism shouldn’t be the go to every time. It just damages the definition of the word. Dude was already a head coach.

and I guarantee everyone here has interviewed for a job and didn’t get it because of an internal candidate or a candidate who had an in with the decision maker. I was legit told two weeks ago I was the choice, but the hiring committee knows the internal candidate and I was turned away. I didn’t cry racism even though the hiring committee was made up of people of a different race than me. I get it. And that’s what happened here. A guy who worked with the bills hired a guy he knows who worked with the bills. End of story.

the actual scandal is an owner offering money to have a coach throw games. That’s worse than Pete rose kind of accusations.

Yeah, but the lawfirm has an easy mark in the legal arena.  The Giants- who have never had a minority coach or drafted a minority QB. 

• Upvote 1