Washington Commanders

5 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I hate the name but I am helpful by nature.   

Mascot suggestion:

The Cumin Deer

32143EC9-D265-4E5A-A8AF-1A936634012E.jpeg

The Commies

The Cummies

The Manders

The Cummanders

The Ders

I'm literally having a kid in June and have been playing the name game the last few months (its not hard) who the f*ck did Snyder hire that signed off on this name 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

The Commies

The Cummies

The Manders

The Cummanders

The Ders

I'm literally having a kid in June and have been playing the name game the last few months (its not hard) who the f*ck did Snyder hire that signed off on this name 

Whoever it was is an idiot.  Any random football fan given 10 minutes would have done better than this.  

It’s hilarious how more time, money, and thinking about it took them so far off the rails LMAO.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Been chillin on a WFT Forum....I can tell you, it's a complete sh*tshow amongst the die hards.

It's rare I say this...but as pathetic as the Jets Organizatin is, as bad as our most modern unis are......at least we're not them.  

Go 'Ders! ?

DC now officially has two worst team-rebrands in sports history:  The 'Ders and the Wizards.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Been chillin on a WFT Forum....I can tell you, it's a complete sh*tshow amongst the die hards.

It's rare I say this...but as pathetic as the Jets Organizatin is, as bad as our most modern unis are......at least we're not them.  

Go 'Ders! ?

DC now officially has two worst team-rebrands in sports history:  The 'Ders and the Wizards.

And yet, they have somehow won multiple Super Bowls in my lifetime. 

when will the jets win another super bowl? Will it happen before I die? Before everyone on this board dies?  How I wonder . .  . 

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Commie’s for short? 

That’s what I was thinking. Not specifically commies, lol, but as it’s 3 syllables like their team city, I was wondering what the shorter nickname will be (e.g. Niners, Bucs, Bolts, Pats, Fins/Fish, their former Skins, etc.).

It’s not like Commanders just rolls right off the tongue. So what shortened options are there? Commies? Mandy’s? Derrs? lmao

How shortsighted, and this name idea took them 2 years. Derrrrrrrr.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

That’s what I was thinking. Not specifically commies, lol, but as it’s 3 syllables like their team city, I was wondering what the shorter nickname will be (e.g. Niners, Bucs, Bolts, Pats, Fins/Fish, their former Skins, etc.).

It’s not like Commanders just rolls right off the tongue. So what shortened options are there? Commies? Mandy’s? Derrs? lmao

In the end, like it or not it will most likely still be Skins. Among the fans I’d guess 

• Upvote 1

Seems like a pretty terrible choice, and very underwhelming after all the time they took to choose it.

I guess maybe they decided to avoid "Red" in the title to discourage people from just using the old name, and singing the old song.  Not sure you can fit "Commanders" into the rhythm of their trademark tune.

I guess we will get used to this name, but it's just meh.

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Manders? WaCo?