Flores on CNN at 8:30

More Cowbell

The ramifications from Brian Flores' explosive lawsuit against the NFL will be swift and far-reaching. This is bigger than the Clippers Donald Sterling bombshell the NBA dealt with...NFL players will have Flores back in this day and age we're in when people gather together so quickly for social justice. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Could you imagine if the leaders of the Southern Civil Rights Movement, just sat on their hands and said, "man, this life thing, it aint fair. Oh well, the sun is bright, and the weather is great, I hope I dont get lynched today!"

What is wrong with you? This is a terrible comparison. 

• Upvote 3

He and his lawyers are making the rounds this morning.  The Ross thing is the most disturbing thing to me.  If it isn't in writing throwing games, it's going to come down to who do you believe.  Personally, I kind of believe Flores on this as Ross is a slime ball.  But again, proving it will be almost impossible.  

• Upvote 4

Just now, JiFapono said:

No.  It's not.  Equality and equity are real.  The numbers speak for themselves.  This league colluded against players who spoke out about it.  For you to sit there and say, "deal with it, life's not fair", is disgusting and stupid and imagine if anyone in this world with courage to change the circumstances listen to that terrible ******* advice.  Sorry, for being harsh but your response to this situation was deplorable....and you're not alone and that's the ******* problem. 

Agreed

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

No.  It's not.  Equality and equity are real.  The numbers speak for themselves.  This league colluded against players who spoke out about it.  For you to sit there and say, "deal with it, life's not fair", is disgusting and stupid and imagine if anyone in this world with courage to change the circumstances listen to that terrible ******* advice.  Sorry, for being harsh but your response to this situation was deplorable....and you're not alone and that's the ******* problem. 

I am talking about hiring and interviewing in general. You’re taking it to a place that it didn’t need to be taken to. The GM the Giants hired worked with Daboll in Buffalo. People get interviewed all the time when the candidate has already been decided. In every industry, every day. That is life. We literally all have to deal with that. Do you disagree? 

As far as the league being outwardly racist to black coaches, I guess we’ll see what Flores specific case is. But the league obviously employees a ton of minority players, coaches, and via their television contracts tons of minorities on TV…many of which are former ex players who could coach if they wanted to.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I am talking about hiring and interviewing in general. You’re taking it to a place that it didn’t need to be taken to. The GM the Giants hired worked with Daboll in Buffalo. People get interviewed all the time when the candidate has already been decided. In every industry, every day. That is life. We literally all have to deal with that. Do you disagree? 

As far as the league being outwardly racist to black coaches, I guess we’ll see what Flores specific case is. But the league obviously employees a ton of minority players, coaches, and via their television contracts tons of minorities on TV…many of which are former ex players who could coach if they wanted to. 

Brian Flores is the modern day MLK, bruh.

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

People just cant help themselves, slaves to the system. 

Good for Brian Flores.  Nothing is going to change if you just sit on your hands and say, "oh well, life's not fair". 

******* smooth brains.

Could you imagine if the leaders of the Southern Civil Rights Movement, just sat on their hands and said, "man, this life thing, it aint fair. Oh well, the sun is bright, and the weather is great, I hope I dont get lynched today!"

Imagine comparing the struggles of two to four hundred thousand dollar per year assistant coaches and multi millionaire coaches to the civil rights era.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I've been in Talent Acquisition for 20 years and that is categorically false.  Who the **** hast the time to just interview just to interview?  Unless, of course, you're superficially checking a box, which is disgusting and racist and deplorable and the good news is, people havent sat on their hands and said "oh well, that's life" and it's currently changing the climate of corporate America.  One of the fastest growing professions in the country are Diversity and Inclusion to address this exact scenario.  I wonder why? 

But yeah, "oh well, life aint fiar" coming from a middle-aged white man, is ******* comical. 

Have you ever hired an internal candidate before? HR still requires you to post the job and go through the process in many instances. 

You’re out of bounds with your accusations towards me on this.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Matt39 said:

Have you ever hired an internal candidate before? HR still requires you to post the job and go through the process in many instances. 

You’re out of bounds with your accusations on this.

You literally, have no idea what you're talking about.

But it's cool, "it's life"...

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

👀 

Nfl is rigged and getting exposed 

I highly doubt there are records showing the Browns agreed to pay bonuses for losing. Even the Browns aren't that dumb. I'm sure there are bonus clauses in his contract from the browns, but the wording for whatever it is, even losing, would be constructed so the Browns wouldn't get in trouble.  Something like the team is bad and you will get a bonus even if we lose xxx games.  Also, after watching Hue coach you don't need to pay him extra to lose.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

By the way, if there's evidence that the Dolphins and Browns tanked, do the Jets get to retroactively move up in those drafts? I mean the only fair way to fix this is to put all those players back up for re-selection.

Not so fast my friend.....

17 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

People just cant help themselves, slaves to the system. 

Good for Brian Flores.  Nothing is going to change if you just sit on your hands and say, "oh well, life's not fair". 

******* smooth brains.

You think he’s been held down because of racism?  He would have had a huge job by next season.  

The racism in the system is the developmental coaches to start the process, but nobody is passing on a winning HC candidate.  

This guy is a bitter clown.  He’s going to try to burn it all down out of spite.  He’s a figure to pity not praise.  He does not deserve another job and in an equitable world he would never get one.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2