You have the 2nd pick in a draft of all time Jets players, Namath went #1, who do you pick?

#2 Overall Pick  

119 members have voted

1. 1. With the #2 pick in a draft of all time Jets players, I select........

• Curtis Martin RB
    • Don Maynard WR
    • Winston Hill OT
    • Kevin Mawae C
    • Joe Klecko DL
    • Mark Gastineau DL
    • Gerry Philben DL
    • Larry Grantham LB
    • Darrelle Revis CB
    • Someone Else

I wouldn’t have Namath No1 personally….. I know, sacrilegious but I’m an 80’s child and so I can’t really speak of the likes of Randy Rasmussen or Winston Hill as it’s before my time

No1 for me, has to be Klecko

No 2 is a toss-up between Revis or Al Toon

other top 10 picks: Brick, Gastineau, Mo Lewis, Jeff Criswell

OK maybe not Criswell but I believe Bruce Smith has him in his all-time Jet line-up ?

always loved James Hasty too as an all-time favourite but he had possibly his best seasons in KC sadly 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

I wouldn’t have Namath No1 personally….. I know, sacrilegious but I’m an 80’s child and so I can’t really speak of the likes of Randy Rasmussen or Winston Hill as it’s before my time

No1 for me, has to be Klecko

No 2 is a toss-up between Revis or Al Toon

other top 10 picks: Brick, Gastineau, Mo Lewis, Jeff Criswell

OK maybe not Criswell but I believe Bruce Smith has him in his all-time Jet line-up ?

always loved James Hasty too as an all-time favourite but he had possibly his best seasons in KC sadly 

Weren't James Hasty and Erik McMillen rookies the same year?  I remember thinking we had something with those 2.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Origen said:

Mangold over Mawae

Disagree. Mawae played much longer,  was elite the entire time, and was a ******* nasty badass.

If he played during this era of outside zone, uptempo offenses, he's a first ballot HOFer and the best OC in the league by far. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Weren't James Hasty and Erik McMillen rookies the same year?  I remember thinking we had something with those 2.

Yes they were, in ‘88…both 3rd round picks, we also drafted a CB in the 2nd called Terry Williams from the mighty Bethune-Cookman!!(he busted, of course) and John Booty was a useful depth DB in the later rounds.
That year we showed some real promise and Mark Gastineau was tearing it up after 7 games leading the league in sacks and iirc even Marty Lyons was playing well. For a while it felt like we had something but in the end beating the Giants and knocking them out if the playoffs in week 16 was the high water mark.

Hasty was a great player, vastly underrated…McMillan flashed fur a couple of years making some big plays but Bruce Coslet didn’t take to his riverboat gambler approach and he was  sidelined …shame 

• Upvote 1

I pick Al Toon.

I appreciate why others would pick other players, completely.

But for me, it's always been Al Toon.

Nick Mangold is my #2

Wayne Chrebet my #3.

Curtis Martin my #4.

Joe Klecko my #5.

And no, I do not care that they're not "the best" Jets.  They're MY Jets.

I simply cannot redact emotion from my choice (another reason why I'm a horrible fantasy football player, lol).

• Upvote 4