You have the 2nd pick in a draft of all time Jets players, Namath went #1, who do you pick?

#2 Overall Pick  

119 members have voted

1. 1. With the #2 pick in a draft of all time Jets players, I select........

• Curtis Martin RB
    • Don Maynard WR
    • Winston Hill OT
    • Kevin Mawae C
    • Joe Klecko DL
    • Mark Gastineau DL
    • Gerry Philben DL
    • Larry Grantham LB
    • Darrelle Revis CB
    • Someone Else

35 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

1 player in the history of the NFL made the pro-bowl at every position on the Dline and that's who I'm taking 2nd overall. 

How the hell that alone is not HOF worthy is mind-boggling, he had 20 sacks in a single season when that had rarely been done before and was always up around 8-10 a season, even got 7.5 as a NT in ‘85….there’s zero logic to it

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I pick Al Toon.

I appreciate why others would pick other players, completely.

But for me, it's always been Al Toon.

Nick Mangold is my #2

Wayne Chrebet my #3.

Curtis Martin my #4.

Joe Klecko my #5.

And no, I do not care that they're not "the best" Jets.  They're MY Jets.

I simply cannot redact emotion from my choice (another reason why I'm a horrible fantasy football player, lol).

People just don't know/remember just how great he was.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Disagree. Mawae played much longer,  was elite the entire time, and was a ******* nasty badass.

If he played during this era of outside zone, uptempo offenses, he's a first ballot HOFer and the best OC in the league by far. 

Okay then do you count his Seattle and Tennessee years or Mangold being only a Jet?

4 hours ago, Origen said:

Okay then do you count his Seattle and Tennessee years or Mangold being only a Jet?

Yes, no, what? 

Mawae was a better center for a longer time than Nick. 

Mangold is a likeable dude, but Mawae was a nasty, mean, fast sob that would dominate today's game. Don't know what else to say. 

460765084.0-1.thumb.jpeg.0eae51a88218bd30f4e39b05c69b6730.jpeg

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, redlichtie said:

I wouldn’t have Namath No1 personally….. I know, sacrilegious but I’m an 80’s child and so I can’t really speak of the likes of Randy Rasmussen or Winston Hill as it’s before my time

No1 for me, has to be Klecko

No 2 is a toss-up between Revis or Al Toon

other top 10 picks: Brick, Gastineau, Mo Lewis, Jeff Criswell

OK maybe not Criswell but I believe Bruce Smith has him in his all-time Jet line-up ?

always loved James Hasty too as an all-time favourite but he had possibly his best seasons in KC sadly 

WEAK.. Like saying I wouldn't take Babe Ruth because he was before my time.     

31 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Especially since Toon was way better than both of them.  

I love Al Toon, tough as nails, I grew up watching them.

Toon was not better than Maynard.   1 is in the HOF, 1 is not.   1 was named to the all time AFL team.  1 was the 1st receiver ever with 10,000 career receiving yards.  1 had 5 different season over 1,000 yards (in a shorter season) the other had 2.

This is no disrespect to Toon.  The man gave everything he had for his team, but he is not Maynard.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

I love Al Toon, tough as nails, I grew up watching them.

Toon was not better than Maynard.   1 is in the HOF, 1 is not.   1 was named to the all time AFL team.  1 was the 1st receiver ever with 10,000 career receiving yards.  1 had 5 different season over 1,000 yards (in a shorter season) the other had 2.

This is no disrespect to Toon.  The man gave everything he had for his team, but he is not Maynard.

I saw both.  George Sauer Jr. was a better WR than Maynard.  Joe Namath made Maynard.  Homer Jones would have put up Maynard numbers with Namath.   Don Maynard was all pro 1 time.  He lead the league in recieving yards 1 time.  He lead the league in TD's 1 time.  He lead the league in receptins zero times.  Sauer had 3 1,000 yard seasons in a 6 year career.