Time to start seriously talking about Jermaine Johnson

14 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

6'5 260, fast, athletic, high character, plays balls out on every play.

ACC defensive player of the year. Impacted every single game I watched him in and it didn't matter who was trying to block him.

Standout on day 1 at the Senior Bowl

Becoming very much an option at #10. If he tests well, and he should, I could easily see him be in play at that spot.

You may be 6 picks too low.?

• Upvote 1

His tape looks like a Saleh kind of guy.  The motor looks relentless.   If The Jets were to take him at 10 do you trade out of 4 to move back a few slots,  grab another second rounder this year and maybe a 2nd next year. 

I would really like a G. WIlson/Burks in the first @ 10,  but if The Jets like Johnson.   I can see Icky at 4 and Johnson at 10.

33 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'm here for it.  I'm listening.  Kid is a freak.  Dude had a 5 game streak at Georgia last year before his injury where he was just going ham.  5 straight games with a sack and tackle for loss, in conference.

I found the FSU transfer to be interesting, considering but we're not grading his decision making.  lol.  

All that said, I would take him 100x before that Kalafatis kid. 

The night we have the @Paradis, JiF and Stark mock off-season drinking series is going to be something special. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

His tape looks like a Saleh kind of guy.  The motor looks relentless.   If The Jets were to take him at 10 do you trade out of 4 to move back a few slots,  grab another second rounder this year and maybe a 2nd next year. 

I would really like a G. WIlson/Burks in the first @ 10,  but if The Jets like Johnson.   I can see Icky at 4 and Johnson at 10.

I 100% trade down with one of those 2 picks, and gain additional picks for the following draft.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pointdexter said:

6'5 260, fast, athletic, high character, plays balls out on every play.

ACC defensive player of the year. Impacted every single game I watched him in and it didn't matter who was trying to block him.

Standout on day 1 at the Senior Bowl

Becoming very much an option at #10. If he tests well, and he should, I could easily see him be in play at that spot.

I have been thinking about this for awhile now: There are at least 5-6 edge rushers after Hutch and Thibs making me less panicked if they are off the board and trade out of #4 or #10

• Upvote 1

#4 - G/T - Ikem Ekwonu

*trade down from 10 to 18 with Saints for Thomas*

#18 - EDGE - Jermaine Johnson

#35 - TE - Trey McBride

#38 - S - Jaquan Brisker

#69 - LB - Chad Muma

4a) - C - Alec Lindstrom

BPA after

- Addresses the trenches like Douglas and Saleh want

- Star WR on a reasonable deal (if medicals check out)

- 3 Senior Bowl players selected in Johnson, McBride, and Muma

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, section314 said:

You may be 6 picks too low.?

Yeah if the next-best edge rusher is demonstrably lower-rated, I don't think they should get cute with it by crossing their fingers no one else will leapfrog us (or stay pat instead of trading down themselves, if already in slots 5-9) when so many deem edge rusher a must-draft position. 

When the dust settles, if he's Brian Burns then don't fret about Clelin Ferrell being higher-rated on draft day, and how - even though it's a premium position - the individual player's rank should've been 5 slots ahead or behind. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

#4 - G/T - Ikem Ekwonu

*trade down from 10 to 18 with Saints for Thomas*

#18 - EDGE - Jermaine Johnson

#35 - TE - Trey McBride

#38 - S - Jaquan Brisker

#69 - LB - Chad Muma

4a) - C - Alec Lindstrom

BPA after

- Addresses the trenches like Douglas and Saleh want

- Star WR on a reasonable deal (if medicals check out)

- 3 Senior Bowl players selected in Johnson, McBride, and Muma

Love the drafted players mentioned, the trade down, but not for Thomas. Concerned he hasnt played, terrible communication with the Saints with his injury leads you to believe something was shady. I'd rather trade down to #18 plus pick #49, and whatever else evens the trade out

• Upvote 2