Hue Jackson: Browns paid me to lose games during 2016, 2017 seasons

12 minutes ago, HtownJet said:

I’m waiting for Greg Williams to claim Woody paid him to blow the Raiders game.

It may very well be that Williams was talking to other insiders around the league about tanking after he was cut loose. 

The Jets brass might have been contacted by the league and pressured to stop the tank under pain of losing the first overall draft pick should they have finished below Jacksonville.  At the very least, the Jets would have had to deal with public speculation of a reported "possible scandal" 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Please no! Let's leave the Jets out of this mess and just enjoy watching these other franchises boil. 

The Jets are not in the legal/media head-hunt here.  Herm Edwards, Todd Bowles, Saleh... The Jets are in practice, an equal opportunity employer for the HC spot.  And I'm glad of it. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Please no! Let's leave the Jets out of this mess and just enjoy watching these other franchises boil. 

The Jets management may have been incompetent for the past decade or so, but they've never been diabolical or evil. Heck, they've not only had two African American HCs in Herm and Bowles, they've also had two Arab American HC's in Saleh and Kotite with Saleh being the first Muslim HC. The Jets don't see color. I mean they don't see competence either, but lets at least give them credit in an area where they've outperformed other organizations  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 4

6 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The Jets management may have been incompetent for the past decade or so, but they've never been diabolical or evil. Heck, they've not only had two African American HCs in Herm and Bowles, they've also had two Arab American HC's in Saleh and Kotite with Saleh being the first Muslim HC. The Jets don't see color. I mean they don't see competence either, but lets at least give them credit in an area where they've outperformed other organizations  

The United Arab association is offering you $100,000 to NOT associate Kotite, as an Arab.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Always thought Kotite was an Italian dude from Brooklyn. He is Lebanese decent, thanks google.
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

So they've had as many Arab American HCs as they have winning HCs in their entire history.

Fun facts.

• Haha 4

If these allegations are true, this is going to be devastating to the NFL. Teams were throwing games. Think about how that is going to effect gambling moving forward. Also, are we going to see a draft lottery as a result? 

IMHO, this is an even bigger deal than the race issues raised by the Flores suit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

shocking

Just evidence that there won't be any real punishment for Ross because if Goodell has to punish him, then he'll have to punish half the league owners, and they won't let that happen. They all know what each other does, and probably don't give a f*ck.

• Upvote 1