Why was 23-25 gase a failing retread but 24-25 Flores is the second coming of Lombardi?

54 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

the Jets are so far ahead of the curve with this

Not sure what other teams staffing looks like, but this is the Jets coaching staff.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/coaches-roster/

(As an aside - nice to see that Gregg Knapp is remembered on this page)

I know not all coaches are at the same level, but this looks like a diverse group - other than the all-male thing ;-) - with a mix of experience, some guys who are ex-players etc.

Also worth considering that Middleton was the guy who took over when Saleh was out, and he's also leading the National team at the Senior Bowl. Seems to me like they're looking to develop this guy's career as much as possible ... "feeding the pipeline" for future coaches.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Not sure what other teams staffing looks like, but this is the Jets coaching staff.

I know not all coaches are at the same level, but this looks like a diverse group - other than the all-male thing ;-) - with a mix of experience, some guys who are ex-players etc.

Also worth considering that Middleton was the guy who took over when Saleh was out, and he's also leading the National team at the Senior Bowl. Seems to me like they're looking to develop this guy's career as much as possible ... "feeding the pipeline" for future coaches.

I didn't realize Ricky Manning Jr. was on our staff, pretty cool 

Also how do people not know how cable networks get paid?

going back to the foundation of CNN ( don’t go there, just don’t) in 1980 they realized to complete with the established national networks they had to be sensationalist and provocative. 

the only thing that has changed about that formula is they added “extremely “ to it. 

Please don’t get political about this. This is a general comment about all cable networks, even the ones that air ancient aliens lol

I think it is simple as there are two differences:

1. Flores got better over time making the most of a crappy team

2. Gase coached the Jets - yep; while I think Gase was terrible it seems to me that many fans are tired of waiting for a winning team and therefore have unrealistic expectations - thus someone is either hall of fame or hot garbage - since the jets are loosing, everyone is hot garbage; The media runs with the narrative that the Jets suck and are clueless and therefore they view every move, player, and coach via that vantage point - so, if you coached the Jets and didn't win SB - they suck :-)

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Oo 100%, I love that the Senior Bowl is encouraging other coaches to coach. Would really like to see this happen in the Preseason as well.

Another benefit for ethnically diverse teams is if a minority coach is hired the team they came from receives a compensation pick. 49ers received a 3rd round pick when we hired Saleh.

12 hours ago, AlexVanDyke said:

I have a real problem with the ESPN narrative on all this.  Stephen a basically accused the jets of racism for hiring gase a tetread.  Help me understand why there is such a difference?  Forget the fact that Johnson has hired Edwards and Bowles. But seriously how dishonest can this narrative be?

Your first mistake is watching espn. Your second is watching anything by Steven a.  The guy is a moron and a reason to never watch espn.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The answer is that Gase wasn’t all that bad, but you’re lemmings who end up believing, to the letter, everything Manish Mehta wanted you to believe. 

To be fair, this board had a bizarrely personal hatred for Gase from the moment the Jets were even rumored to be talking to him. 

• Sympathy 1

Coach A

• 0 .631 career winning percentage
  • 9 playoff appearances, including 4 consecutive division titles
  • 9-8  in the postseason
  • 2 NFC Championship game appearances (1 win, 2 losses)
  • 1 SB title

Coach B

• 0.608 career winning percentage
  • 10 playoff appearances, including 4 consecutive division titles
  • 10-9 in the postseason
  • 4 NFC title game appearances (1 win, 3 losses)
  • 1 SB title

Who are we?

*edited to fix NFL title game appearances for coach A thanks to @UntouchableCrew

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Coach A

• 0 .631 career winning percentage
  • 9 playoff appearances, including 4 consecutive division titles
  • 9-8  in the postseason
  • 2 NFC Championship game appearances (1 win, 1 loss)
  • 1 SB title

Coach B

• 0.608 career winning percentage
  • 10 playoff appearances, including 4 consecutive division titles
  • 10-9 in the postseason
  • 4 NFC title game appearances (1 win, 3 losses)
  • 1 SB title

Who are we?

Coach A looks very similar to Sean Payton's career. I'm pretty sure he was 9-8 and had 1 SB title. 

Don't know who coach B is

• Upvote 1