Jump to content

Woody The Progressive...


jetswinbaby!
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yes... But what about the Adam Gase scandal ??? There has been talk of him wanting to join the class action suit.

He is wondering why he was never given extra money from the Dolphins or the Jets for losing so many games.  

He's said to be furious...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Jets also had the first, or one of the first, female scouts.  That was before the current owners, but still counts

Connie Carberg who I think was credited with scouting Gastineau at the Senior Bowl...

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cant accuse Woody of having a preferred type of coach. Even our coaches personality have been different. You got the introverts (Mangini, Bowles), the extraverts (Herm, Rex) and you got a Gase in there as well.

I think the only trend is that he seems to prefer defensive guys.

Unfortunately non of our coaches have been able to build a consistent winner. Herm, Mangini, and Rex had some success but couldnt sustain it. Gase and Bowles not so much. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Cant accuse Woody of having a preferred type of coach. Even our coaches personality have been different. You got the introverts (Mangini, Bowles), the extraverts (Herm, Rex) and you got a Gase in there as well.

I think the only trend is that he seems to prefer defensive guys.

Unfortunately non of our coaches have been able to build a consistent winner. Herm, Mangini, and Rex had some success but couldnt sustain it. Gase and Bowles not so much. 

I think Bowles would probably have continued to learn and progress if his tenure lasted longer and given that the roster improved.  So would Mangini.   

Gase would do better if he had the best roster in the leage and Manning as is QB and defacto OC.

I don't think any of the former Jet coaches were glaringly bad hires, BUT Gase sure was.  

I still cant for the life of me figure out why CJ/WJ hired him. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Herm and Bowles were both good men and represented the organization well, but deficient at head coaching. 

And to be fair, both had their moments of competent coaching and good results.  Herm even moreso but obviously a better roster.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I think Bowles would probably have continued to learn and progress if his tenure lasted longer and given that the roster improved.  So would Mangini.   

Gase would do better if he had the best roster in the leage and Manning as is QB and defacto OC.

I don't think any of the former Jet coaches were glaringly bad hires, BUT Gase sure was.  

I still cant for the life of me figure out why CJ/WJ hired him. 

Yup. Most of our coaches actually got a second chance. Herm with KC, Rex with Buffalo and Mangini with Cleveland. I expect Bowles at some point to get a second chance as well.

Gase had some success with Miami and everyone wanted us to hire an offensive guy. There was also chatter that maybe the Jets needed a guy who was not a first time head coach.

Even our GMs have gotten a second gig within an organization (not top spot of course).

Mike Maccagnan was properly his worse hire. Cant believe he was Exec of the year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

 

I still cant for the life of me figure out why CJ/WJ hired him. 

Because everyone around them was telling them they needed an offensive mind to develop Darnold, then big ole forehead stepped in and vouched for Gase.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

So Bill Belichick looks like a senile boomer, the Giants are racists, the Dolphins are fixing games and bribing minorities in the process, the Browns are doing Browns things, and the Washington Football Team fans are making a bunch of Stalin communist memes in response to their new name. 
 

Soak it in Jets fans, we won’t get much higher than this #UpstandingFranchise

We are the champions of the offseason once again and it hasn’t even started yet. BOOOOOM. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

So Bill Belichick looks like a senile boomer, the Giants are racists, the Dolphins are fixing games and bribing minorities in the process, the Browns are doing Browns things, and the Washington Football Team fans are making a bunch of Stalin communist memes in response to their new name. 
 

Soak it in Jets fans, we won’t get much higher than this 

#UpstandingFranchise

Don't forget that our players are also talking smack, now that it's the offseason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Yup. Most of our coaches actually got a second chance. Herm with KC, Rex with Buffalo and Mangini with Cleveland. I expect Bowles at some point to get a second chance as well.

Gase had some success with Miami and everyone wanted us to hire an offensive guy. There was also chatter that maybe the Jets needed a guy who was not a first time head coach.

Even our GMs have gotten a second gig within an organization (not top spot of course).

Mike Maccagnan was properly his worse hire. Cant believe he was Exec of the year.

Mr Coffee was a strange choice.  Not so much that his drafts did not bare much fruit, but his bloated FA contracts that returned nothing were a disaster.

Good points abut Gase, but there were a lot of warning flags on high in Miami before CJ interviewed him.  I chalk it up mostly to CJ's inexperience.  He wasn't able to see through the line of BS Gase was slinging.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jetswinbaby! said:

NY Jets: Not 1 but 2 Black HC's in the past 20 years with significant runs...

NY Giants: ZERO Black HC's in 100 years...

Woody Johnson, for all his warts, actually comes out looking OK for a change...

 

Do you consider Saleh a minority?  If you do, then he would be considered a minority head coach as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Alka said:

Do you consider Saleh a minority?  If you do, then he would be considered a minority head coach as well.

The league says he is. 49ers got an extra third round pick for Saleh's advancement.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Both Herm and Bowles were/are good men and represented the organization well, but deficient at head coaching. 

After 10 years as the dregs of the NFL, I long for the days of mediocrity under Herm Edwards. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Cant accuse Woody of having a preferred type of coach. Even our coaches personality have been different. You got the introverts (Mangini, Bowles), the extraverts (Herm, Rex) and you got a Gase in there as well.

I think the only trend is that he seems to prefer defensive guys.

Unfortunately non of our coaches have been able to build a consistent winner. Herm, Mangini, and Rex had some success but couldnt sustain it. Gase and Bowles not so much. 

Whatever became of SAR? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Cant accuse Woody of having a preferred type of coach. Even our coaches personality have been different. You got the introverts (Mangini, Bowles), the extraverts (Herm, Rex) and you got a Gase in there as well.

I think the only trend is that he seems to prefer defensive guys.

Unfortunately non of our coaches have been able to build a consistent winner. Herm, Mangini, and Rex had some success but couldnt sustain it. Gase and Bowles not so much. 

I think Bowles would have done better with JD as his GM.  Macc was an idiot.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Woody and the Jets did what they were supposed to do.  

They gathered their HC candidates and my guess was that they were indistinguishable, so 2x they gave the opportunity to the diverse candidate.  We can check, but I don’t think they passed over white guys who ended up being better.    Both Edwards and Bowles were better than Gase, and Bowles would have been better with better players.  

I think JD and the Johnsons just liked Saleh.   I think they ignored the fact that he was of Lebanese/Middle Eastern descent and a Muslim.  I think we all do, actually.  Which is the way it should be.  

But “minority” in the NFL I believe means not of European White descent.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...