• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/10/2022 at 2:52 PM, freestater said:

Two of my latest. I'm going for a galactic look here

20220210_135926.jpg

20220210_134019.jpg

Stater, man, holy farking shut the front door. These are all absolutely amazing. I wanted to make it through the whole thread before commenting but couldn't get past page 2. Just amazing. 

Gang green man is laying down something serious with those landscape pieces too.

I have a very artistic family. My grandmother painted and drew stuff so good I thought it was a page out of a magazine but that gene got filtered out when it came to me. My creative expression lies in the garden and rough construction.

Seeing the world through artist's eyes must be a very special treat.

• Upvote 2

On 2/27/2022 at 7:53 PM, maury77 said:

@bitonti @freestater @TuscanyTile2 @freestater

So this is the latest I've worked on, the mastering may still be a little off, so don't have the volume up too loud at the beginning (lots of bass)

Nice, brother. Reminds me of some of the tracks laid down when we had our promotion company, House of God. We organized some epic raves. Limelights biggest new years was one of ours. Surprise, surprise dude effed us on the check. Was an amazing couple of years then a couple of they guys od'd and it all came to an end.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ACourseinMiracles said:

Nice, brother. Reminds me of some of the tracks laid down when we had our promotion company, House of God. We organized some epic raves. Limelights biggest new years was one of ours. Surprise, surprise dude effed us on the check. Was an amazing couple of years then a couple of they guys od'd and it all came to an end.

Sorry about the guy that OD'ed but cool otherwise. I used to go to the Limelight a lot in the mid-90s. 

10 hours ago, freestater said:

These are fantastic. The mood you evoke is phenomenal. Jealous, truly.

Thank you brother. I work a little with watercolor but mostly I use charcoals and pastels. I wish I could move paint around like you can. It’s a total mystery to me and I too am jealous.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Not art, but this thread seems closet to arts and crafts.  I made a flower table.

Raw materials, some plywood from last year, some scrap wood from old wood pallets and some plastic coffee canisters.

QjDUJ8j.jpg

Finished table: Part of the design was to leave a 6 inch border around the edges so you can indeed use it to put coffee cups or drink glasses or a book etc on the table edge if you are sitting next to it in the back yard.

HDHSmpq.jpg

Table with flowers, I just put them in so if I get lots of sun and feed the flowers properly I should get a lot more flowers as the summer goes on.

xcq6N7i.jpg

Looks good. Nice way to repurpose those coffee containers. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 7:56 PM, freestater said:

so here's that painting based on that sketch of the side of my house...

20230417_184814.jpg

Just found this thread, which is awesome! Love your work which shows your very creative talents and I also admire your freedom in allowing yourself to be so flexible in what you paint. This one sung to me as it reminded me of an Edward Hopper painting with a very clean, orderly feel with great use of light. 

I recognize all your local Rochester works, even painted once at Corbett's Glen about 15 years back when I did landscapes while learning with different mediums. Settled on still life's of meaningful things in oil which became my favorite, been looking for new inspiration after a long dry spell and here I found it along with many other talented artists who also share my passion for the Jets. Great stuff! Keep it going...

• Sympathy 1

• 3 months later...

Been a while since I've posted in here. Had a very busy fall with work but the weather is turning colder and time to start painting again. I recently finished my biggest commission yet and just delivered it yesterday. It's a reproduction of Ms. Keen who hangs above the bar at Keen's Steakhouse in Manhattan. 

20231215_084204.jpg

• Upvote 1