Jump to content

4 HC Openings Remain


JetsFanatic
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Do people really think Flores is getting hired with this lawsuit is out there?

I think if he were offered a HC gig it would pretty much undermine that half of his lawsuit.

NFL would probably be pretty happy with that outcome.

 

  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I think if he were offered a HC gig it would pretty much undermine that half of his lawsuit.

NFL would probably be pretty happy with that outcome.

 

If Miami hires a black HC in addition to Flores getting a HC job elsewhere, it really cuts the legs out form under his claim. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If Miami hires a black HC in addition to Flores getting a HC job elsewhere, it really cuts the legs out form under his claim. 

I had that same idea.  Also wondering if the owners are quietly talking to Goodell to "encourage" that to happen 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Do people really think Flores is getting hired with this lawsuit is out there?

Yes, I do. I think they like McCown but he has no real coaching expereince and is way to risky. In the end, Caserio will hire who he feels is the best candidate regardless of the lawsuit. I could be wrong, just a gut feeling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If Miami hires a black HC in addition to Flores getting a HC job elsewhere, it really cuts the legs out form under his claim. 

Or its just politics, but Miami already hired a black coach recently in Flores.  Flores' main issue in Miami wasn't the Rooney rule, it was the owner sabotaging their chances at winning plus drafting Tua over Flores' preferred QB in Herbert.

 

It'd be an odd fit for him in Houston as all the talk was Flores's loving Deshawn Watson and the Texans/Watson relationship seems irreparable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Or its just politics, but Miami already hired a black coach recently in Flores.  Flores' main issue in Miami wasn't the Rooney rule, it was the owner sabotaging their chances at winning plus drafting Tua over Flores' preferred QB in Herbert.

 

It'd be an odd fit for him in Houston as all the talk was Flores's loving Deshawn Watson and the Texans/Watson relationship seems irreparable. 

That would be an interesting situation should Flores get the job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm most interested in seeing what Miami does. Feels like they could go the Houston route - which seemed to be hire an outside the box candidate to take the heat of the situation while the organization punts on the year, then re-assess next season. In theory, most people aren't going to want to go there under the current circumstances. Harbaugh was apparently a real candidate for them then he didn't even take an interview after everything started to break

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Or its just politics, but Miami already hired a black coach recently in Flores.  Flores' main issue in Miami wasn't the Rooney rule, it was the owner sabotaging their chances at winning plus drafting Tua over Flores' preferred QB in Herbert.

 

It'd be an odd fit for him in Houston as all the talk was Flores's loving Deshawn Watson and the Texans/Watson relationship seems irreparable. 

The fans down here wanted Tua. Flores was all over the place with his win streaks and losing streaks. Very inconsistent. Was vocal about Watson and caused a rift  in the team. Some of the talking heads and writers were expressing their concerns about Flores.

I think he got himself fired

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

If I had to guess:

Saints - Eric Bieniemy 

Texans - Brian Flores

Dolphins - Mike McDaniel

Vikings - Kevin O’Connell

 

I’d be shocked if Brian Flores gets hired as a HC again. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nothing really cuts the legs out of the Class action lawsuit - Flores was brought in to interview with the Giants after they decided on Daboll, and a league with 70% minority players has about 35% on coaching staffs and less than 10% HCs. Which logically means that there are a lot of sham interviews going on.

Then there's O'Connell getting a job with very little experience. If Josh McCown gets one this year, pssh.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

I had that same idea.  Also wondering if the owners are quietly talking to Goodell to "encourage" that to happen 

but then your forced to take someone you might not want. then try to fire him in 2 years and you have another lawsuit on how you just hire blacks as a placeholder

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Do people really think Flores is getting hired with this lawsuit is out there?

No, but they are going to have 2 lawyers and an HR director handle communication with him lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

but then your forced to take someone you might not want. then try to fire him in 2 years and you have another lawsuit on how you just hire blacks as a placeholder

At this point, I would not put anything past the NFL's owners and their laundry boy Goodell. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, isired said:

Nothing really cuts the legs out of the Class action lawsuit - Flores was brought in to interview with the Giants after they decided on Daboll, and a league with 70% minority players has about 35% on coaching staffs and less than 10% HCs. Which logically means that there are a lot of sham interviews going on.

Then there's O'Connell getting a job with very little experience. If Josh McCown gets one this year, pssh.

 

not sure I always understand this line of thinking.   Whose says minority players want to become coaches for one?  

that being said, the 35% on coaching staffs should over time turn into HCs.

and a league with 70% minority players has about 35% on coaching staffs and less than 10% HCs.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

It's not official as they have to wait till after the Super Bowl. 

I know its not officially announced but everyone knows the Vikings are going with Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell. Saying that's a guess is like saying you guess water is wet. Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

I know its not officially announced but everyone knows the Vikings are going with Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell. Saying that's a guess is like saying you guess water is wet. Lol

You mean like when the Colts hired Josh McDaniels?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...