What did Mumbles know and when did he know it ?

On 2/4/2022 at 5:16 PM, Snell41 said:

What Mumbles knew or didn’t know is irrelevant. If Brian Daboll’s signature was on a contract dated before Flores interview, he has a big case. If not, he has no case. It’s simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Flores has no case whatsoever on any level. This lawsuit is incredibly frivolous. 

Completely and utterly baseless. 

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yes in the corporate world this is true. But the Rooney rule prohibits this exact thing from happening and that is the issue here.

5 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

No crime no foul.  The individual clubs are separate entities.  How they follow/interpret arcane rules from the commish who works for the said entities is dubious at best.  The optics are awful but zero crime.

Of course, if Mr. Flores can prove Mr. Ross did indeed bribe him to intentionally lose games then the Dolphins and possibly the NFL may have a serious problem.  The optics that allow professional gamblers access to that kind of information could cause Congress to act but the billionaire owners would surely not let that happen.

34 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Of course, if Mr. Flores can prove Mr. Ross did indeed bribe him to intentionally lose games then the Dolphins and possibly the NFL may have a serious problem.  The optics that allow professional gamblers access to that kind of information could cause Congress to act but the billionaire owners would surely not let that happen.

Yeah I don't think anything will ever change the anti-trust stuff, these guys have too much money. But there should be a price to pay from the league itself. Somehow they swept all the Daniel Synder stuff under the rug. But are they going to be able to bury the talk about Miami and Cleveland paying money for tanking? That one is going to have legs I think.  Well, I hope.

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yes in the corporate world this is true. But the Rooney rule prohibits this exact thing from happening and that is the issue here.

In the end Flores team jumped the gun. There was no violation barring some smoking gun text that hasn’t surfaced yet. 
There was also another point in this thread about belicheat acting in some official capacity with the giants 

I’d love belicheat to get hammered over this but it looks like a big dud of a story  

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

That is why you don’t have a Rooney rule in the first place. There are racial discrimination laws on the books that deal with hiring. If someone has a real solution to this issue other than that , i would love to hear it.  Otherwise, you cant put a drill into anyone’s head , and capitalism is always going to do its thing.  Start buying teams and hire who you want. Buy the Broncos, they are up for sale.  This racist nation has produced plenty of Black billionaires and millionaires