NY Jets reportedly working on an extension for OT George Fant

Bronx

Fant has earned this extension and I hope this report is true. 

If Becton wants to prove himself, then he can do it at RT and I really hope for our sake he does because with Fant and Becton locked into the starting tackle spot we should be focusing on:

EDGE and WR with our 1st rounders...

Unfortunately, I don't think the team is sold on Becton being ready and committed, which puts OT directly in play in the first round.

4 hours ago, varjet said:

Its not a RG.  Its a RG for 2022 maybe 2023 who then moves to LT or RT.   

that sort of makes sense considering that fant's playing time is limited to maybe 3 or so more seasons so if they can nail down their future tackle now it makes some sense. and maybe they're not saying anything about becton.  but at the same time they really need skill position players so imo they go edge or wr or lb in the first round.  go te or oline in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Excuse me.

But all this talk about Resigning Fant, moving Bechton over to RT, drafting Ekwonu and platooning him between RG & RT forgetting something. The Jets have this LDT Guy at Right Guard, you know that Tardiff guy ? He is suppose to be pretty good. Yes I know that there is this issue regarding his medical career something to do with medical training. He has a deadline to make a decision to reinitiate his training which would terminate his football career. Is that issue settled ? Or is it still up in the air ? What is the date for that deadline ?

27 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Excuse me.

But all this talk about Resigning Fant, moving Bechton over to RT, drafting Ekwonu and platooning him between RG & RT forgetting something. The Jets have this LDT Guy at Right Guard, you know that Tardiff guy ? He is suppose to be pretty good. Yes I know that there is this issue regarding his medical career something to do with medical training. He has a deadline to make a decision to reinitiate his training which would terminate his football career. Is that issue settled ? Or is it still up in the air ? What is the date for that deadline ?

LDT is a free agent.