Jets high on Kyle Hamilton?

11 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Just because I enjoy chaos…

-Word has it they're high on Notre Dame safety Kyle Hamilton, projected as a top-10 pick. That might seem rich for a safety, considering it's a non-premium position, but Hamilton is viewed by some evaluators as a unicorn.

He better be that amazing coverage guy that makes game changing INTs if they go that way. Or an every down do everything stud LB convert. Adams was a generational prospect/leader at S too, and F that S.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This.

Someone needs to make the cliched post how there basically haven't been leaks from this admin.

No leaks at all, the Zach Wilson pick came out of nowhere last year and no one was mentioning the Jets interest in him pre-draft last year (this is sarcasm). 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

who knows where this hamilton guy will fall in the draft.  if he's still around at the tailend then maybe the jets should trade up.  but it's hard to see how a safety is needed more than an edge and/or wr and/or cb and/or te and/or rg/rt.  he better be the second coming of reed or palumalu if he goes top ten.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, maury77 said:

No leaks at all, the Zach Wilson pick came out of nowhere last year and no one was mentioning the Jets interest in him pre-draft last year (this is sarcasm). 

So you mean a QB needy team that was probably going to pick the 2nd best QB in the class, needed draft pundits and the press to get leaks from the Jets to associate ZW with them? Hmmm.

And I might add that I've heard several GMs think Hamilton should be converted to a LB.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Interesting thing about unicorns is that they don’t exist. 

I had a 5 wood that I paired with some random X flex shaft I bought off eBay.  It was so long and easy to hit that I dropped my 3 wood.  It was my fairway finder off the tee box when playing tight courses.  I could hit it 250-260 off the deck dead straight for long par five holes.  

That my friend, is a unicorn, and I had one.  

Unfortunately I broke the shaft hitting the ceiling of a sim in my friend's basement.  After failing to relocate the same shaft and trying to recreate the magic with about 4-5 different shafts, the club now has been rebuilt and sits in my wife's bag.    

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

So you mean a QB needy team that was probably going to pick the 2nd best QB in the class, needed draft pundits and the press to get leaks from the Jets to associate ZW with them? Hmmm.

And I might add that I've heard several GMs think Hamilton should be converted to a LB.

Despite what many on this board believe, Zach Wilson was not universally graded as the second best QB in that class. There were differing opinions, but beginning in December all the media reported were leaks that Douglas was smitten with Wilson. The point of my post was that this idea that the Jets desires never leak out to the media is inaccurate.  

The difference is Adams couldn’t cover. Adams couldnt even play his zone correct. This is why he has been even worse in Seattle than he was here with the Jets. Hamilton is supposedly very good in coverage. He is long and covers a ton of ground. This is a better fit. Its really hard to compare Hamilton to anyone who has come out in the draft recently. His closest comp is probably Sean Taylor. He is totally different than Adams and the two shouldn’t be compared.

Also if you want to ask yourself why Buffalo’s top defense was exposed but Cinci’s wasnt, it was because of safety play.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Come on, are we going to get revved up about every bit of disinformation that gets released??  I seriously doubt this is for real...

Why wouldnt it be for real? You have a generational talent that could be there at 4 and you dont want to pick him? You would rather continue to give up 3rd and 18 screen passes? Did you not see Tom Bradys last touchdown against us?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Despite what many on this board believe, Zach Wilson was not universally graded as the second best QB in that class. There were differing opinions, but beginning in December all the media reported were leaks that Douglas was smitten with Wilson. The point of my post was that this idea that the Jets desires never leak out to the media is inaccurate.  

Despite what you’re saying, Zach was the consensus #2.  
There was zero reason to keep it secret, they were taking him and the entire world knew TL was going #1.

With that said,  I believe these things like they like someone are true, but it means close to nothing that they like a guy. 

• Upvote 2