Jets high on Kyle Hamilton?

I really like Hamilton and I think he should be an option for the Jets at safety, not lb. I’m not super stoked about picking a safety that high but I’d still rather take Ham over Karlaftis and take an edge in rd 2 or trade up into the late first and grab one there. 

if there were other impact players I wouldn’t consider a safety that high, but  this draft is just so meh. I don’t see any player from this first round being a boom player that we’d all be excited about signing long term. 

Ideally they just take playmakers. I’m not entirely sure if I care about value. Screw it. Get guys in who make a difference on sundays.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I had a 5 wood that I paired with some random X flex shaft I bought off eBay.  It was so long and easy to hit that I dropped my 3 wood.  It was my fairway finder off the tee box when playing tight courses.  I could hit it 250-260 off the deck dead straight for long par five holes.  

That my friend, is a unicorn, and I had one.  

Unfortunately I broke the shaft hitting the ceiling of a sim in my friend's basement.  After failing to relocate the same shaft and trying to recreate the magic with about 4-5 different shafts, the club now has been rebuilt and sits in my wife's bag.    

I still have a 1990s era Mizunu graphite head graphite shaft 3 wood that I can still hit straight as an arrow 230 off the deck. Love that club. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I still have a 1990s era Mizunu graphite head graphite shaft 3 wood that I can still hit straight as an arrow 230 off the deck. Love that club. 

Two things I never **** with:

Another man's wife and a fairway wood that you can easily hit off the deck!  

• Haha 1

I read he only had 3 picks in 2021. If you draft someone that high..he better take the ball away. Not just “tackle well” and “cover ground”

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

In 7 games. 6 really because he was hurt in one. Ints dont pop off his facemask like Adams, if thats what you were wondering.

• Haha 1

Ok I just read that he can play multiple roles..which is why I made the comparison.

Peppers didnt have the size or range. But you are right. He can play multiple roles. In our defense though he wont be asked to most likely. He will more be like a Kam Chancellor a big, tall safety that covers a lot of ground and disrupts passing lanes with his size and range.

12 minutes ago, tfine said:

I read he only had 3 picks in 2021. If you draft someone that high..he better take the ball away. Not just “tackle well” and “cover ground”

He only played in 6 games.  He had a minor injury and the ND staff chose to keep him out to protect his future.  ND had a terrible incident with Smith a few years ago when he got injured in a meaningless bowl game and it basically cost him his career.  Pretty classy thing to do all things considered. 

Hamilton's been causing turnovers since the day he stepped on campus.  He would routinely get 5-6 picks in a practice and got a pick the first game he played in as a freshman.  

I'm not for a safety at 4, but he's an impact player.  Height, length, speed, ball skills, hard hitting, great tackler, great instincts.  He knocked Bell out cold in the Purdue game and didn't hit him in the head.  He's been the best player on the Irish the last three years including all those All-American lineman.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

There's more than one way to skin a cat / win a football game, and this team lacks good players. 

But, even with that said I prefer to pass on using high draft picks on any position in the secondary...especially with the zone heavy defensive scheme we run and the rules of today's game.

4 and 10 hopefully go to OL / EDGE/ O PLAYMAKER in no unique order.

A lot will also depend on free agency. Who knows what our roster will look like come the draft.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This.

Someone needs to make the cliched post how there basically haven't been leaks from this admin.

Its amazing, we have 2 situations that the fans never got a clear answer on

Why isnt mims playing

why isnt becron back from injury

i give sooo much credit to how professional this front office is. 

• Upvote 1

Hamilton isn’t my preference, but I don’t see why so many are dead set against taking him.

Odds are he’d end up being a cornerstone piece on the defense for the next decade.

He’s a true ballhawk and a physical freak who can play multiple roles. I have little doubt that Saleh is a big fan.

Obviously we’ll have a better idea of where the Jets are going to go in the draft after FA gets under way. If they go out and sign someone like Marcus Williams, I seriously doubt they’d take a safety in the Top 10.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, hawk said:

I am almost hoping the Jets go Hamilton with 4, just to see this board implode.  

sh*t, better entertainment then the actual team.  

Pretty much

Frankly I’m tired of this “positional value” argument.

Say the Jets walked away from the 1st round with Hamilton and Linderbaum.

Yeah, neither safety or center is a “premium” position, but I would have little doubt that the Jets just added a pair of 10 year starters to the roster.

This is considered by and large the weakest draft in years. No one can agree on who the top edgerusher is. No one can agree on who the top receiver is. No one can agree on who the top QB, OL, TE, LB or CB is.

But Hamilton is universally considered the best safety prospect in years. Many would say he’s the best overall player in the draft, regardless of position. And with the Jets set to start guys like Ashtyn Davis and Elijah Riley, it’s not like safety isn’t a bigtime need for us. It’s also the most vital puzzle piece to this defense besides getting a strong passrush with your Front 4.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

Despite what many on this board believe, Zach Wilson was not universally graded as the second best QB in that class. There were differing opinions, but beginning in December all the media reported were leaks that Douglas was smitten with Wilson. The point of my post was that this idea that the Jets desires never leak out to the media is inaccurate.  

Since Trevor Lawrence was going number 1, the Jets didn't have to keep their thoughts on Wilson a secret. 

Now pivot to the jets second pick in the first round? Did you hear anything about AVT?  No. And the jets loved him so much they traded up for him.  

It's amazing that people still get fooled by off-season chatter. It's all smoke screens.  It's impossible to know if it's true or just the jets trying to mislead other teams. 

• Upvote 3

Reading some of the comments here is cringe worthy.

You guys do realize that Jamal Adams was a good pick right? One of the best picks the Jets have made actually.

God forbid if the Jets draft an All Pro safety that other teams would trade two firsts and a third for. Must get “value” players like Vernon Gholston, Mehki Becton, and Sam Darnold. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, RSJ said:

Why wouldnt it be for real? You have a generational talent that could be there at 4 and you dont want to pick him? You would rather continue to give up 3rd and 18 screen passes? Did you not see Tom Bradys last touchdown against us?

gEnErATiOnAl tAlEnT!

can't stand that completely over used phrase. By definition, it should be rarely used.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, KarlaftisFan said:

Reading some of the comments here is cringe worthy.

You guys do realize that Jamal Adams was a good pick right? One of the best picks the Jets have made actually.

God forbid if the Jets draft an All Pro safety that other teams would trade two firsts and a third for. Must get “value” players like Vernon Gholston, Mehki Becton, and Sam Darnold. 

Better than Pat Mahomes?

it’s not about the player’s skills as much as it is about players you pass on to take him.  
A safety should not be a priority for a with so many holes.  Seattle thought JA could put them over the top to a championship team. They miscalculated, but it’s a very different situation.    

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Better than Pat Mahomes?

it’s not about the player’s skills as much as it is about players you pass on to take him.  
A safety should not be a priority for a with so many holes.  Seattle thought JA could put them over the top to a championship team. They miscalculated, but it’s a very different situation.    

Don't feed the obvious fake account troll. 

• Upvote 1