Dolphins Hire Mike McDaniel As HC

4 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

You get draft compensation for hiring a minority? I didn’t know that. Did we get any for saleh or bowles?

Its supposed to encourage teams to promote minorities into coordinator roles to beef up the pipeline. If someone were to hire Middleton has a HC for example the Jets would get a 3rd rounder.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

You get draft compensation for hiring a minority? I didn’t know that. Did we get any for saleh or bowles?

No. You get draft compensation for developing a minority HC or GM that gets hired away from your team. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

This is actually extremely interesting to me for 1 single reason.

This hire seems to me as hire made less to develop a young QB and more to completely end insulate him as much as possible.  Which obviously is not the common way NFL hires with Young QBs have gone in recent memory.

• Upvote 2

I didn’t see anything in his bio about playing football. He went to Yale and he’s a little guy about 5-9 and 140. He coached in the UFL for the Sacramento Mountain Lions in 2010 as their running backs coach. As I recall one of their running backs was Denzel Washington’s son. And team owner was Paul Pelosi, Nancy’s husband. 

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

No Bueno. Another team inside the division running the same system that will want the same types of offensive linemen, other players, etc.?

Very good point. Players going to have the option between Miami and NY and I think most would rather choose Miami. 

Only thing that can help us is if we show candidates we have a stud franchise QB. It’s why Bengals will attract more FA than they did before. 

Really hate to have him in our division but only solace we have I think is that we are at least a year ahead of them in terms of offensive personnel to fit the scheme I personally would rather Wilson over Tua