Dolphins Hire Mike McDaniel As HC

12 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Very good point. Players going to have the option between Miami and NY and I think most would rather choose Miami. 

Only thing that can help us is if we show candidates we have a stud franchise QB. It’s why Bengals will attract more FA than they did before. 

Really hate to have him in our division but only solace we have I think is that we are at least a year ahead of them in terms of offensive personnel to fit the scheme I personally would rather Wilson over Tua 

The other obvious point is just how well Saleh and LaFleur know McDaniel. Saleh will need to defend against Miami the way other teams try to defend against the Jets.

qtrotti says:

As a 30 year season ticket holder I finally said enough of this. For 2 decades we have hired rookie head coaches and have seen one playoff game. When your so called owner comes out and tells his paying customers that his college is more important then his paying fans, well enough is enough. I will watch the games for free on tv. Not one more penny till Ross and his useless sidekick are gone

You’re not alone brother.

48 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This is actually extremely interesting to me for 1 single reason.

This hire seems to me as hire made less to develop a young QB and more to completely end insulate him as much as possible.  Which obviously is not the common way NFL hires with Young QBs have gone in recent memory.

You mean by pivoting towards a run-first offense and trying to take the ball out of Tua’s hands a little more?

12 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

No Bueno. Another team inside the division running the same system that will want the same types of offensive linemen, other players, etc.?

What's the difference if the fins want the same type players and are outside of the division?  

• Upvote 1

Don’t  see how this is such a great hire. To me it seems the players will roll right over this guy, he better commanded a lot of respect. I understand he is smart and innovative but that doesn’t mean he can lead a team. He was the OC for one year, 
it’s not like teams were competing for his services. 

Don’t  see how this is such a great hire. To me it seems the players will roll right over this guy, he better commanded a lot of respect. I understand he is smart and innovative but that doesn’t mean he can lead a team. He was the OC for one year, 
it’s not like teams were competing for his services. 

24 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, this is not going to look very good. They fired a black guy who had a successful  season for a white guy with no HC experience.  

We will see how it plays out but i dont think that'll be the narrative around this hire. First McDaniels is biracial. Secondly the fins dont have a history of poor hiring practices. Unless I misinterpreted the Flores stuff. I thought he was accusing Miami of tanking and the Giants of racism.  

My guess is the talk will be centered around McDaniel’s genius and how he’ll be innovative.

Didn't think they'll be able to upgrade from Flores but it sure looks like they did. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

We will see how it plays out but i dont think that'll be the narrative around this hire. First McDaniels is biracial. Secondly the fins dont have a history of poor hiring practices. Unless I misinterpreted the Flores stuff. I thought he was accusing Miami of tanking and the Giants of racism.  

My guess is the talk will be centered around McDaniel’s genius and how he’ll be innovative.

Didn't think they'll be able to upgrade from Flores but it sure looks like they did. 

Didn't  know he was bi-racial.  Thay probably canceled  out any racism argument

• Upvote 1

It's a really interesting hire.

He seems like he's a really smart, thoughtful, innovative guy. Exactly the type you want running your offense.

That said, he also seems like kind of a strange dweeb. I wonder how well he'll command an NFL locker room.

On stronger franchise with a better owner I think he'd have the potential to be really good. He'll need to overcome the odds with Ross and the Dolphins though.

• Upvote 3