Becton’s offseason update

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I remember video streaming back  in my day. You would put a quarter up on the machine call next and hope the dude playing got  killed as soon as possible. How times have changed. 

Sounds similar to back in my day, except it was called chat roulette and you hoped it wasn't a dude playing.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Even if he is on the path to weight loss, physical rehab, and playbook study habits of MIT students....given the narrative that has been written about him for all of 2021...

...You should have a little self-awareness that this post/tweet/whatever would be a bad optic...just saying.

It's not his job to prevent whiny fans from crying about him. Trying to appease this fan base would be a fools errand anyway.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Geez guys, c'mon.  That's hardly unusual or cause to get upset with Becton.  Some of you walk around with a mad boner for the guy, apparently., and look for anything you can to criticize him, no matter how trivial.

If I was an NFL player, drafted high in the first round of the draft, and just missed the entire NFL season due to injury, I wouldn't be using social media to discuss my next video game.  

I would be aware of the optics of people who follow me, and knowing that many are Jets football fans. 

But hey, that's just me.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Oh wow. A 20-something playing video games.  I don’t see anything wrong here.

If he posted his Tristan Wirf-like workouts AND playing video games while he recovered, everyone would be cool with it.   He needs to work on his presentation. 

• Sympathy 1

He also posted he’s having a baby. Man. He shouldn’t  be trying to have a kid while he’s obviously a lazy, irresponsible, overweight, unmotivated 20 year old.  

the takes on this board keep getting more ridiculous. 

maybe he’s completely going to bomb out of the league. And waste his time that he could be training or rehabbing playing video games

or 

maybe he did train and do rehab and he’s doing what a large percentage of people would do after… sit down and chill. Instead of reading a book or watching a movie/show he’s playing video games. 

we don’t know which is true but damn. jet nation gonna jet nation 

@The Crusher baby poop soft. What’s a dirty diaper gonna be like for a “little ticket” ??? 15-20 lbs? Lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Alka said:

If I was an NFL player, drafted high in the first round of the draft, and just missed the entire NFL season due to injury, I wouldn't be using social media to discuss my next video game.  

I would be aware of the optics of people who follow me, and knowing that many are Jets football fans. 

But hey, that's just me.

You would have been raised in a time with fortnite and twitch and tiktok, etc. It’s likely that you would have done this very thing.