Two Round Mock -- Jordan Reid at ESPN

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/33227214/nfl-mock-draft-2022-jordan-reid-new-two-round-predictions-top-64-picks-featuring-six-quarterbacks-senior-bowl-risers

Two round mock from Jordan Reid at ESPN. 

nyj.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

4. New York Jets

Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State

General manager Joe Douglas values the trenches, and the Jets need to protect their investment in quarterback Zach Wilson. Ekwonu is a physical tone-setter who could play either guard or tackle. Coach Robert Saleh has already said that 2020 first-round pick Mekhi Becton will have to "come in and reassert himself into the starting lineup," with George Fant competing with him to play left tackle. Ekwonu would make this team better and give it an insurance policy at either tackle spot in case Becton is unable to return to form following knee surgery.

Biggest needs: CB, EDGE, WR

10. New York Jets (via SEA)

Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State

With another top-10 pick, the Jets could add a playmaker for Zach Wilson and form a Wilson-to-Wilson connection. The former Buckeye stands as my top-ranked wideout in this class, and he reminds me of Stefon Diggs as a prospect. At 6-foot and 188 pounds, Wilson has strong hands and unique body control and could give the team a go-to target who pairs well with Elijah Moore and Corey Davis.

35. New York Jets

Myjai Sanders, EDGE, Cincinnati

The Jets' defense was historically bad in multiple categories last season, and it could use depth at every position. Getting back Carl Lawson from injury could be a big addition to its pass rush, but Sanders is the exact type of weakside defensive end who could thrive in Robert Saleh's defense. Sanders' ability to consistently generate pressure as well as being an underrated run defender could give the franchise a boost. The Jets haven't had a player record a double-digit sack season since Muhammad Wilkerson in 2015.

38. New York Jets (via CAR)

Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State

With their fourth pick in the top 38, the Jets add another target for Zach Wilson in McBride, who can be a security blanket in the passing game. He has strong hands and can run any route; he's one of the best yards-after-catch tight ends in this class. At 6-foot-3, 250 pounds, McBride is also a serviceable blocker who can be an asset in the run game when lined up in attached sets. He could flex out wide, though, creating a mismatch for Wilson to target. In this scenario, New York ends up with a two pass-catchers, a stellar offensive lineman and an edge rusher with upside.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It's one of the most reasonable and well-thought-out mocks I've seen for us so far.  Hits our real needs with value at each position.

I agree which is why I posted. Felt like (at least for the Jets) he kind of had a good feel for what we really need and what our admin's lean tends to be.

(Or, at a minimum, what our fans think the above is)

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yes, Wilson is his first WR off the board.

10. Wilson -- Jets

13. Burks -- Browns

22. London -- Raiders

26. Olave -- Titans

30. Williams -- Chiefs

32. Dotson -- Lions

______

39. Bell -- Bears

58. Metchie -- Falcons

59. Pickens -- Packers

Could so see this happening.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/33227214/nfl-mock-draft-2022-jordan-reid-new-two-round-predictions-top-64-picks-featuring-six-quarterbacks-senior-bowl-risers

#4 OT NC state - Ekwonu

#10 WR OSU - Garett Wilson

#35 Edge Cincinnati - Myjai Sanders

#38 TE Colorado State - Trey Mcbride

thoughts?

I don’t think JD is taking an OL at 4. He has picked OL in first round 2 years in a row and traded down last year. There’s talent there now it’s time to draft edge or WR in first. 

4 minutes ago, extmenace said:

#4 OT NC state - Ikem Ekwonu

thoughts?

I could see JD trading back into the 20's to get an EDGE in this case. He can't risk losing "HIS GUY" Like AVT

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, extmenace said:

thoughts?

I will allow this.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

That's a pretty good draft. Do you think we will be able to get Ekwonu though? Feel like all of the 3 teams before us have needs at OL

If not, we can take hutch or thibo and could go OL in rd 2.

I know literally nothing about Garret Wilson though. I know stats aren’t everything but just looking at those, is this guy a top 10 pick? Anyone know a little about him? Drafttek also has us taking Wilson at 10 as well.

11 minutes ago, extmenace said:

thoughts?

I like the positions being picked.

Not sure that would be the order I'd pick them in.  Edge, WR, TE, Center, in that order IMO.

I do like Wilson at WR tho.

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, extmenace said:

thoughts?

I guess you can't paste all the picks--ESPN Plus.  Be interested who goes where.  

This would be a great draft. The Jets would have a top 10 OL and an improved receiver corp, especially assuming this includes a guy like Njoku in free agency.

Free agency would have to fill in the gap at S and LB and high end pass rusher. Which shouldn’t be hard to do with the money the Jets have

5 minutes ago, extmenace said:

thoughts?

I dont see Douglas taking Garret Wilson at #10. I would think he sticks in the trenches and goes EDGE or doubles down on OLINE. If we go Ekwanu at #4, I'm thinking a trade out at #10 if possible, then best available EDGE, OL Linderbaum/Penning or if we go Wr either Burks/London/Watson. If we cant trade out at #10 then I'm thinking Linderbaum. If McBride is available at #35 Im running to the podium and if we dont go EDGE in the 1st (or maybe even if we do) Im thinking Arnold Ebeketie at #38

I think Ekwonu is projected to play G or T so he could play RG immediately improving that position and give us flexibility/depth at tackle. JD does seem to like those versatile o-linemen so seems to fit.

I'm not really excited a bout taking a T in the first round for reasons already mentioned, but if he can be a plus RG that would be a big deal. Taking a  G at #4 seems kind of cray but he's more than a G.

17 minutes ago, extmenace said:

thoughts?

Love this. Get it done Tanny !!!

• Upvote 1