Poll: Do you think the Jets will win the Superbowl in your lifetime? (Or "another Superbowl in your lifetime" if you were alive for Superbowl III).

Jets Superbowl Poll  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Jets will win the Superbowl in your lifetime? (Or "another Superbowl in your lifetime" if you were alive for Superbowl III).

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2022 at 10:44 PM

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Woody's getting up there. I'm 35. I have to figure that Woody will sell over the next 15 years, and as long as I can get healthy and live to like 70, that gives the Jets a good 20 years to win me one. So, yes!

You think we might win one in the next 20 years?  I guess it's not easy to predict how things will go (the Bengals were the worst team in the NFL 2 years ago) but a Superbowl title in the next 20 years still feels like a longshot - lol.

Just now, Gibby said:

I was born in 70. I resigned myself to the fact it’ll never happen for this team twenty years ago- after losing to Denver in the AFCC

Doubt it’ll even happen in my sons lifetime. Sorry son. Look on the bright side. You’re only 16?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Crap, I might have to revise the question to "their 2nd Superbowl title in franchise history".  I meant it more on a go-forward basis.

Actually you should have it broken up by age. If I was going to be alive another 50 years, I might say yes, but I’m in my 60’s so I’m saying no.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Biggs said:

I'm 7 years younger than Woody.  If he dies 7 years before I die that gives the new owner 6 years to turn it around.

I don't know Woody's age, so I might be more or less than 7 years, but the sentiment is the same. Unless I outlive Woody I don't expect to see a super bowl win. I was really hoping the mini-scandal that came up a year or so ago would get the NFL to force Woody to sell, but unfortunately nothing ever came of it.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Woody's getting up there. I'm 35. I have to figure that Woody will sell over the next 15 years, and as long as I can get healthy and live to like 70, that gives the Jets a good 20 years to win me one. So, yes!

So, I am 60.  Using your logic, I need to live to be 95 to have a reasonable chance.  There is some longivity in my family.  Granmother made it to 100.  My dad will be 94 this year.  I voted not, but maybe there is a chance.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

So, I am 60.  Using your logic, I need to live to be 95 to have a reasonable chance.  There is some longivity in my family.  Granmother made it to 100.  My dad will be 94 this year.  I voted not, but maybe there is a chance.

Hey - I could be grossly mistaken. If Woody sells in the next 5 years, and the Jets win just three or four years after that - then we're all in business!!

Unfortunately, I think Woody selling the team is more of a driving factor than our collectively varying ages.

I struggle to think so as long as the Johnsons own the team. I don't know if there is somebody in the family who can and wants to inherit the team but I root for a sale when Woody passes. A new owner might bring a new sense of professionalism and attract better talent to the team. The Johnsons bought what Parcells built and mostly coasted on that for an entire decade. The more Parcells impression disappeared and the more the Johnsons impressed themselves on the team the worse it got. 2011-? has been one bad decision after another. We're mostly stuck watching them hire inexperienced candidates and hope for the best. Maybe they got it right this time--but how long can they hold on to it?

On 2/7/2022 at 1:48 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Depressing question but we haven't even made the Superbowl in over 50 years.

This would be an interesting poll if broken down a bit more.

Yes, I am in my 50s

No, I am in my 50s

Yes, I am in my 40s

No, I am in my 40s

Yes, I am in my 30s

No, I am in my 30s

I was 15 when they won the Super Bowl ( it was the first to be called the Super Bowl, the first two were called the AFL-NFL Championship). It was one of the greatest days of my life.

Considering that I am 68 and have fended off a couple of serious health threats including cancer, I would say that winning the Super Bowl again in my lifetime is problematical. But I think if I can make it another 10 years I like my chances. And I'll always be there pulling for them.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 2/7/2022 at 2:11 PM, section314 said:

Great job. I was 11 on 1/12/69. Should learn to read what the question asks, not what you think it asks.

Yeah.... I was just shy of 7 yrs. old. What an amazing time with the Jets, Mets, Knicks!!!

We will never see those 3 teams winning championships so close together again.?

https://www.amazon.com/Magnificent-Seasons-HIstory-Uplifted-Country/dp/0312333587

On 2/7/2022 at 2:04 PM, Sarge4Tide said:

Already did

• Upvote 1