Lance Zierlein's 1st Mock...not ONE...but TWO DBs!!!!!

IndianaJet

On 2/8/2022 at 2:26 PM, heymangold said:

It’s not what I would do but the secondary isn’t very good.  I have PTSD from drafting Jamal that high, I definitely don’t want to make that mistake again, as good of a player that Hamilton is.  CB and 10 is slightly more palatable. 

PTDD

On 2/8/2022 at 3:13 PM, PLO said:

This isn't so bad as a mock, depends on what edge you get in the second round. I would prefer to go edge at 4 with Kayvon though and hope Hamilton falls to 10. 

I don't want a DB in the 1st round but if I HAD to have one it would certainly be at 10 and not 4.  Hamilton at #10 would be good value and much easier to stomach if the Jets had already landed an Edge rusher at #4.

Quite honestly, #10 is looking like the sweet spot for an Edge rusher.  Jermaine Johnson, Ojabo, Karlaftis, etc. could be considerations there.  Trading back from #10 seems like a strong possibility as well.

• Upvote 1

On 2/8/2022 at 12:52 PM, IndianaJet said:

So the Giants jumped the Jets, going from #5 to #3 to take Ikem?  And then the Jets pass on Thibodeaux at #4 only to watch the Giants take him at #7?  lol

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

I can’t see the Jets taking two DBs in the first round.

I can't see them taking 1 in the first round much less using the 4th to take a DB with Thibodeax on the board. Now look over at the 3rd overall pick. Zierlein has the Giants working a trade with the Texans to take Ekwonu acing out the Jets ? The Jets should be gunning for Hutch and Thibs. Ekwonu is the only player I would consider worthy of the number 4 pick. And who does Zierlein having Thibs going to ? THE GIANTS AT PICK 7. I smell a rat or should I say A PUNK ! This is 'my favorite team gets all of the juicy players or your team gets the droppings'. And Zierlein is indeed A PUNK. The more the Media and the Draftniks push Hamilton on the Jets the more I am convinced the pick is Bad News for the Jets. And the media know it. There are numerous stories about the distaste held by the NY Jet Fan Base for the Jets taking Hamilton at 4.

There is only 1 reason not to Draft Thibodeaux and that reason is he is not on the Board when the Jets come up.  At least Ewonu I can accept as the Best Player Available although I don't think the Jets really have a dire need for him. If Joe Douglas passes Thibodeaux over to take Hamilton Joe Douglas deserves to be ridden out of town on a rail.

If you aren't super plugged into the Jets and paying close attention I can definitely see why you'd have the Jets taking DBs/LBs high. On paper it's pretty clearly the weakest part of the team...

But yeah, no shot.

The most notable thing about his mock, TBH, is that he has the Giants trading up for Icky Ekwonu at 3, clearly to jump us. That certainly makes you think.

On 2/8/2022 at 5:13 PM, PLO said:

This isn't so bad as a mock, depends on what edge you get in the second round. I would prefer to go edge at 4 with Kayvon though and hope Hamilton falls to 10. 

We don't need top flight cover corners in this system - people on this board educated me of that - amazing that I learn stuff on this board. ;) FA corner/s will be signed and later draft picks used on a dback as well. 

8 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

We don't need top flight cover corners in this system - people on this board educated me of that - amazing that I learn stuff on this board. ;) FA corner/s will be signed and later draft picks used on a dback as well. 

I will be very very surprised if we don't get a lineman of some sort with those first two picks. I think odds are D rather than O. 

FYI apparently some are not convinced by Hamilton as a top 5 pick, don't like his high hips long loping style of running. Also think he could put on weight and actually find his best position as an LB in the NFL. 

My EDGE rankings would be 1 Thibs, 2. Hutch, 3. Ojabo. After that I'm really not sure. Ojabo has unreal film and awesome upside but I don't know if he's a scheme fit, you would have to worry about him against the run in a 4/3 alingment, but I could see the argument for taking him at 4 overall if the other two aren't there. Just pick good players and let the coaches work the rest out later. 

Ojabo and Thibs have the highest upside of any edge in this class. Crazy ceiling for both, Ojabo's knock is his floor is kinda low given his background. 

21 hours ago, SR24 said:

I’ll powerbomb my tv if we pass on KT or Hutch at 4 if they are on the board. 

Matt Miller’s got us taking KT,Sauce Gardner, Trey Mcbride and Zion Johnson with our first 4 picks. I’d love that 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZzXEzXO4gg/?utm_medium=copy_link

That’s an A+ Jets draft for me right now. Would love to see it play out this way as much I want to see one of the two first rounders go OL/WR.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.