Mock draft for all the offensive first people

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Holy hell if this team drafts another OT that high, what a mess the choice to take Becton was. We make the pick, then sign Fant who becomes one of the best pass blockers at left tackle you can hope for. We sign Moses who was beyond serviceable. After that if we draft an O lineman that high that is a strong indicator Joe knows Becton will never be that guy. He needs to extend Fant and overpay Moses instead. Hate picking another O lineman that high. O really started gelling before injury bug hit. 

I mean they should 100% be taking Hamilton at 4 instead of another OL or trade down for Ojabo

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 9

15 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

You would have a fit? Seriously?

I’m totally on board for Thibs or hutch being our first pick if they’re available. But if not, what else are you picking? A freaking safety? Did you guys not learn anything (Jamal adams)? A constantly injured CB, did you guys not learn anything (dee milliner)? 

The correct and only answer is keep pouring assets into aiding Zach so he can prove, without a shadow of doubt, that he’s the man or he’s a bust by end of next year (or early 2023). That’s the ONLY THING that matters for this damn team.

We haven’t had winning QB play and a respectable offense in generations. And yet, people still drafting safeties. It hurts my brain.

Right now, even if the Jets don't  make any moves to improve the O, there is enough to make the decision on Wilson if we have a more or less healthy OL, and WR position. Picking an OL at 4 is a luxury we can't  afford. 

As far as Hamilton, I really didn't  watch ND at all but from all reports and highlights I have seen, this is a ball hawking S. IOW's the anti-Jamal. I agree on Stingley but not the comparison  to Milliner. Milliner was nowhere near the prospect Stingley is. 

Ekwonu produced at a really high level at guard. He can immediately drop into the RG slot and put the OL over the top while also projecting long term at RT or LT.

Whether Becton comes back great or not, it’s a pick that does make a lot of sense. If he flops, there’s your RT and if he comes back strong, Ekwonu replaces Fant when the time comes. He provides a ton of options and so does Neal.

No reaching for a pass rusher at 4. If Thibs or Hutch do not drop, Neal or Ekwonu is the no brainer pick.

For the WR at 10, I’d prefer a veteran option in free agency or a trade. But if we go WR in the draft I think I like Drake London the most. Both guys would open up a new and different element of the offense

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

I continue to expect us to go Edge (#4), WR (#10) in the 1st, and LB/DB and TE in the 2nd, with O-line in the 3rd/4th (a Center).

FA can and likely will change that, as could draft-day trades depending on how the Board falls, but until that becomes real, I'm sticking with this prediction.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think there’s going to be a lot of disappointed Jet fans on Thursday night. 

There always is cause there are so many of us but this is a draft where we can go so many different directions. Hamilton is probably my least favorite realistic pick at #4 but I could live with it if Douglas thinks Unicorn.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

There is going to be little consensus regarding this draft.   Even after the combine I don’t think we are going to get consensus.  Just a weak year, the similarities to 2013 are eerily similar.    

Very true. In past years, even the top 3-4 guys always went in the same order. Not even that this time. Hope this is where us coaching the SR. Bowl is gonna  pay off.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Holy hell if this team drafts another OT that high, what a mess the choice to take Becton was. We make the pick, then sign Fant who becomes one of the best pass blockers at left tackle you can hope for. We sign Moses who was beyond serviceable. After that if we draft an O lineman that high that is a strong indicator Joe knows Becton will never be that guy. He needs to extend Fant and overpay Moses instead. Hate picking another O lineman that high. O really started gelling before injury bug hit. 

OL at 4 or 10 means you have insurance if Becton is a total bust OR you have Fant and Becton at LT and RT and this rookie at LG and a damn good OL. 
Win win my friend.