Apollo 11 - Lunar Module Eagle

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Here ya go:

With all that great technology from that time nasa sure spent a lot of time and money to get that shot right.

Imagine the need to not only keep humans alive and returned safe, but to have a camera on the moon to show the blast off, designed with a panning mechanism that will follow it up. 

Engineering at its finest. Next stop: toaster ovens and portable cassette recorders

4 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Im with ya 100%

People HATE questioning the moon landings.

Ive seen that tin foil POS up close and chuckled.

Well at least 50 years later and a quantum leap in technology we know that the cities we built on the moon and the frequent trips there were …… um..,.. eh nevermind 

Here's the problem with the conspiracy theorists for fake moon landings.

There must have been a 1000 people on the movie production size to film just ONE moon landing.  

Ok, maybe 500.

Maybe 200.  But it wasn't 3 guys with a Super 8MM camera. 

They landed 6 times.  

That's between 1,200 and 60,000 people involved in "faking" all of that. And there wasn't CGI or photoshop back then.

And not a single soul has come forward with any proof to dispel the landings.

Did they pay ALL of them off and not one became a meth addict and demand more $$ to keep it secret?

Did the NSA kill them all?

Also rumor is, they were written, directed and filmed by Stanley Kubrick and as a perfectionist he demaned they be filmed on location.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

There must have been a 1000 people on the movie production size to film just ONE moon landing.  

Ok, maybe 500.

They landed 6 times.  

That's between 1,200 and 60,000 people involved in "faking" all of that. And there wasn't CGI or photoshop back then.

Did they pay ALL of them off and not one became a meth addict and demand more $$ to keep it secret?

Also rumor is, they were written, directed and filmed by Stanley Kubrick and as a perfectionist he demaned they be filmed on location.

I dont buy that argument.

I believe there were hundreds of people manning work stations thinking they were involved watching feeds from a remote location.

The remote location could really have been manned by a dozen or so that have kept their mouths shut

Just now, HighPitch said:

I dont buy that argument.

I believe there were hundreds of people manning work stations thinking they were involved watching feeds from a remote location.

The remote location could really have been manned by a dozen or so that have kept their mouths shut

The same dozen for 6 different moon landings? Nobody called out sick one day and they needed a few stand-ins?  How much were they paid to remain silent for 50 plus years? Nobody tried to blackmail them to pay for college or chemo for a loved one? To pay off gambling debts to the mob? Buy coke or heroin or meth? The NSA killed them all? 

And the bothched 13?

Heres the thing: conspiracies have happened and have been proven.

But nobody cares. 

Thats why govts get away with all sorts of shenanigans and get rich. Nobody questions anything and even if someone admitted to it, again, nobody cares.

The best example of this is the USS Liberty attack.

Im not going to get into big thing here about it but suffice to say an american president conspired to kill american service men and a sink a navy vessel. 

Now were drifting into politics a bit ………….so ill pull back …and just say to do your own research about the liberty and if you think theres some merit to it, nothing is off the table!

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Heres the thing: conspiracies have happened and have been proven.

But nobody cares. 

Thats why govts get away with all sorts of shenanigans and get rich. Nobody questions anything and even if someone admitted to it, again, nobody cares.

The best example of this is the USS Liberty attack.

Im not going to get into big thing here about it but suffice to say an american president conspired to kill american service men and a sink a navy vessel. 

Now were drifting into politics a bit ………….so ill pull back …and just say to do your own research about the liberty and if you think theres some merit to it, nothing is off the table!

Don't care about the Liberty conspiracy.

Fake ONE moon landing.  Fine.

SIX?

And a bothched one?

Yeah, no.  

12 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

The same dozen for 6 different moon landings? Nobody called out sick one day and they needed a few stand-ins?  How much were they paid to remain silent for 50 plus years? Nobody tried to blackmail them to pay for college or chemo for a loved one? To pay off gambling debts to the mob? Buy coke or heroin or meth? The NSA killed them all? 

And the bothched 13?

Your questions are reasonable and I dont have the answers.

its one of those things where we can both ask each other a lot of valid questions that neither one of us could answer

i know that a group of scoundrels can keep their mouths shut until death. Just like other conspiracies 

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Your questions are reasonable and I dont have the answers.

its one of those things where we can both ask each other a lot of valid questions that neither one of us could answer

i know that a group of scoundrels can keep their mouths shut until death. Just like other conspiracies 

A “group” cannot be quiet for 50 years. I’m sorry. They landed on the moon. 

• Upvote 1

Why do you think the liberty was legit? I’d love to see anything interesting that would make me think otherwise.

Thing is most of the surviving service men living today that were on that ship would disagree with you

Is that a question directed at me?

I was not ever discussing the Liberty.

That was all you. 

I have no opinion on the Liberty. 

Legit. Not legit. No opinion.

None. 

The thought that not ONE not TWO not THREE not FOUR not FIVE but SIX moon landings were faked when not one of the hundreds and hundreds of persons involved over 50 years has ever come forward is, to me, the most idiotic f*cking thing I’ve ever heard. 

No disrespect to true idiots. 

Flat-earthers have more credibility. 

I get you’re just tying to propagate a conversation but geezuz f*ck, stop. 

• Upvote 1

My Uncle owned a machine shop in Brooklyn that did a lot of work for Grumman, They made parts for fighter planes and later fighter jets They also were contracted to make the large round discs that were the first piece of landing gear which touched on the moon. Many years later I worked for him for a brief period of time and saw the jigs they used to manufacture these parts. 

10 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Why do you think the liberty was legit? I’d love to see anything interesting that would make me think otherwise.

Thing is most of the surviving service men living today that were on that ship would disagree with you

9 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Is that a question directed at me?

I was not ever discussing the Liberty.

That was all you. 

I have no opinion on the Liberty. 

Legit. Not legit. No opinion.

None. 

The thought that not ONE not TWO not THREE not FOUR not FIVE but SIX moon landings were faked when not one of the hundreds and hundreds of persons involved over 50 years has ever come forward is, to me, the most idiotic f*cking thing I’ve ever heard. 

No disrespect to true idiots. 

Flat-earthers have more credibility. 

I get you’re just tying to propagate a conversation but geezuz f*ck, stop. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Ok, maybe 500.

They landed 6 times.  

This isn't even considering the mountain of blueprints, plans and construction that were generated to "pull off the hoax". It literally would've been cheaper and easier to just go land on the moon rather than stage this elaborate fantasy. One thing this "theory" doesn't ever explain is; how did they get that mirror on the moon (left by Buzz Aldrin in 1969) that you can still bounce a laser off of?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, freestater said:

This isn't even considering the mountain of blueprints, plans and construction that were generated to "pull off the hoax". It literally would've been cheaper and easier to just go land on the moon rather than stage this elaborate fantasy. One thing this "theory" doesn't ever explain is; how did they get that mirror on the moon (left by Buzz Aldrin in 1969) that you can still bounce a laser off of?

It’s probably just a hologram beamed to the surface of the moon from Area 51. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CSNY said:

My Uncle owned a machine shop in Brooklyn that did a lot of work for Grumman, They made parts for fighter planes and later fighter jets They also were contracted to make the large round discs that were the first piece of landing gear which touched on the moon. Many years later I worked for him for a brief period of time and saw the jigs they used to manufacture these parts. 

Imagine contracting for then paying for it all to fake it? 

And were all the programs fake or just the moon landings themselves? 

My aunt and uncle WATCHED blast offs from Cape Canaveral. Mercury, Gemini, Apollo. Thousands of sailors aboard ships fished these guys out of the sea. 3 astronauts burned to death in Apollo 1. Apollo 13 was botched in space. Video of space walks. Apollo 8 circling the moon and videoing it and taking pictures. 

Was all of that fake too or just the 6 moon landings. 

12 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Imagine contracting for then paying for it all to fake it? 

And were all the programs fake or just the moon landings themselves? 

My aunt and uncle WATCHED blast offs from Cape Canaveral. Mercury, Gemini, Apollo. Thousands of sailors aboard ships fished these guys out of the sea. 3 astronauts burned to death in Apollo 1. Apollo 13 was botched in space. Video of space walks. Apollo 8 circling the moon and videoing it and taking pictures. 

Was all of that fake too or just the 6 moon landings. 

Peace with you 100%. Nowadays everyone has a conspiracy theory about everything. No sense even arguing or responding to some people as we’ll never get through the tin foil hats some proudly wear and into the common sense part of the brain that most of us have 

• Upvote 1

Im not a conspiracy guy btw. I dont believe in comtrails. Oswald shot kennedy….

Tue gulf of tompkin stunt was believed forever and the govt virtually admitted it was faked. That got us into the vietnam conflict.

The uss liberty attack was screwed up. You dont have to believe me, or the survivors, or the commander of a nearby ship that was told by washington to NOT scramble planes to defend her or the two cabinet members that confirmed what johnson said that day on the phone to let her sink.

But go ahead and blindly trust

It would take more time, effort, and resources to fake 6 moon landings than to actually land there.

I had the pleasure of meeting Alan Shepard as a kid.  A wonderful man.  All of those test pilots who became astronauts were incredible people.  And all of the astronauts who made it to the Moon were indelibly changed the rest of their lives.  And not in a "Oh sh*t, this was all a lie and everyone bought it" kind of way.  They were changed in a "I've been to the Moon.  Now what do I do with the rest of my life?"  Kind of way.  

Saying that it was all faked is simply disrespectful of what the astronauts and NASA accomplished.  It was simply a tremendous achievement that required many of the most brilliant minds, and people with incredible intestinal fortitude, that we had at the time.  

Some conspiracy theories I'm totally cool with.  We're lied to.  A lot.  This one wasn't a lie.  

• Post of the Week 1

Im not a conspiracy guy btw. I dont believe in comtrails. Oswald shot kennedy….

Tue gulf of tompkin stunt was believed forever and the govt virtually admitted it was faked. That got us into the vietnam conflict.

The uss liberty attack was screwed up. You dont have to believe me, or the survivors, or the commander of a nearby ship that was told by washington to NOT scramble planes to defend her or the two cabinet members that confirmed what johnson said that day on the phone to let her sink.

But go ahead and blindly trust

You keep defaulting to the Liberty attack. 

No one. 

NO ONE is questioning it.

Even discussing it.

Just you.  

We’re talking about moon landings, not the Liberty or any other conspiracy theory.  

We landed on the moon 5 times  

1 was faked.

Happy? 

Oh they blasted off and came back. No doubt

Blasted off 50 times Mercury Gemini Apollo took pictures of space walks and the Earth from afar, close ups of the moon on 8, all came back. 3 guys died on the launch pad.  

But JUST the moon landings were faked. 

Six of them. And no one has ever spilled the beans. 

Do you know how stupid that sounds? 

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

You keep defaulting to the Liberty attack. 

No one. 

NO ONE is questioning it.

Even discussing it.

Just you.  

We’re talking about moon landings, not the Liberty or any other conspiracy theory.  

We landed on the moon 5 times  

1 was faked.

Happy? 

So you believe the liberty attack is legit?

Im not defaulting to it, just using it as an example of how those in power can conspire to do awful things. If it wasn't for a russian sub that surfaced out of nowhere, that ship would have been on the bottom of the ocean and nobody would have known. Oh wait, that goes back to my original point….people dont care. Green light.

8 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Blasted off 50 times Mercury Gemini Apollo took pictures of space walks and the Earth from afar, close ups of the moon on 8, all came back. 3 guys died on the launch pad.  

But JUST the moon landings were faked. 

Six of them. And no one has ever spilled the beans. 

Do you know how stupid that sounds? 

No need to be rude. Get your emotions in check friend.

We barely have the technology today to land on the moon and return. Space shuttle was a quantam leap forward and that PoS was essentially a manned satellite that could land on a runway. It never went far from earth. 

I cant argue with u about this because A i dont give a flying f what you or anyone on this board thinks of me and B to support my position id have to types a thesis and ive got a wife to f, a pool that needs cleaning, a dog that needs grooming, a taillight bulb thats burnt out etc etc

All ill say is go do your own investigating. Its not just one thing but rather dozens. The photos, the same backdrops, the shadows, so many things. Or dont. 

No need to be rude. Get your emotions in check friend.

We barely have the technology today to land on the moon and return. Space shuttle was a quantam leap forward and that PoS was essentially a manned satellite that could land on a runway. It never went far from earth. 

I cant argue with u about this because A i dont give a flying f what you or anyone on this board thinks of me and B to support my position id have to types a thesis and ive got a wife to f, a pool that needs cleaning, a dog that needs grooming, a taillight bulb thats burnt out etc etc

All ill say is go do your own investigating. Its not just one thing but rather dozens. The photos, the same backdrops, the shadows, so many things. Or dont. 

So 3 administrations and tens of thousands of people and billions of dollars were spent on a space program all with the intent to fake 6 moon landings? Everything else was real but the actual landings. And no one ever spilled the beans. 

Yeah, got it.