What would you pay for a Jets Super Bowl Ticket?

ZachEY

This tweet from Schefter made me wonder.  Obviously I assume, if the Jets were in the Super Bowl, we'd all want to be there.  There are tickets available for a flat $3,000 at this point (lower than the tweet).  You're probably, then, looking at another 350-500 in fees for a ticket that expensive, so, I'm curious what people think they'd be willing to spend for a seat at a Jets Super Bowl.  You'd have to guess these drop even further.

Close to 7K for two tickets might be over my limit.

I think I would pay 1500 a ticket.  Maybe 2K?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I would probably pay $3k max which likely wouldn't get the job done. 

You think a Jets Super Bowl would be more expensive than an LA one, in LA?

I don't know about that.  I'm sure my price would go up as it got closer, but when you consider I'm not going to just buy one, close to 7K w/ the fees, that's a lot for 4 hours.

36 minutes ago, jbt said:

not worth it.  how many actual fans of the teams are there?

rather hang out with actual fans, can spend that money more wisely on a party at home or at a bar

I mean, you're going for the game, not the other fans.  I wouldn't let that stop me from being there if that ever happened.

Great question.  Right now, I have suffered for 47 years.  What is $5k-$10k for a Super Bowl experience?  I would pay up to $10k for the game (including flight and hotel).  I have been saving my big shot 'hook ups' for the hope that I can ask them once the Jets make it to the Super Bowl (before I pass away!  LOL)

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, section314 said:

After my 42nd year of having season tix, pretty much whatever it took to get me in the damn place. 

12 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Whatever it took.

I mean, that was my initial thought too.  But, you spending 7-10K on a football game for two tickets?  Plus flight and bloated hotel.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

You think a Jets Super Bowl would be more expensive than an LA one, in LA?

I don't know about that.  I'm sure my price would go up as it got closer, but when you consider I'm not going to just buy one, close to 7K w/ the fees, that's a lot for 4 hours.

I think the price will just continue to go up over time. By the time the Jets make it the price will probably be $100k per ticket. I'm guessing Jets fans would be willing to pay a pretty penny given the wait.

It's a lot for 4 hours but I'd view it as a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

• Haha 2

I've thought about this VERY hypothetical situation and while I would strongly contemplate going to the game with my sons for the experience, I am 90pct sure I would just stay home and not risk sitting next total random idiots who won super bowl tickets from their local radio show and seeing the most important game of my life from a bad angle/perspective at the stadium.  

19 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I mean, you're going for the game, not the other fans.  I wouldn't let that stop me from being there if that ever happened.

Have to say, after almost 40 years of season tickets, there probably isnt a real cap on what I would spend.  I love being there, live for games, its so much better live than on TV for me.  I wouldnt look at it as a smart investment though.  

All my smarts would go out the window, me and @Mogglez screaming our heads off.  Would be epic

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I'm torn on this.  I would probably pay whatever it took to go to the game.  But on the other hand, I would be concerned about ending up in sh*tty seats with surrounded by sh*tty people.

All in all, I'd probably shell out the money and go.

All this is anecdotal but I can tell you right now that in my experience this week the fact that the Rams are playing drove resale prices up quite a bit. For example most of the year Rams prices were miles above Chargers prices, and this was before the season even started. The amount of money thrown around in LA on any given day is already preposterous, so this is a reflection of that. 

Almost every person that owns a house in the county is living in a million dollar home now, so paying 3-6k for a football ticket is well within reach for plenty of people here. Given that and the demand it's not a surprise. 

• Upvote 2

I would have paid back in 1998 when we should have beaten Denver to get there, but have no desire now... Too late for me and if I have a hard time trying to make sense of paying more than $100 dollars to play a golf course which I love that game, then wouldn't ever consider dropping 4-5K on a 4 hour football game. While it would be a life experience I'm sure, I'd rather watch it on my 135" projector in my Home Theater.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I agree re: the once in a lifetime opportunity.

I think my fear, spending that much, is that for the rest of my life, I'll never be able to tell my wife not to buy something I think is ridiculous.

"Yeah, well you spent 10K on the Super Bowl."  It kind of undermines my current, "You're not getting a $1,200 a month lease on a Range Rover" position.

Yea, you can't tell her the real price.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I agree re: the once in a lifetime opportunity.

I think my fear, spending that much, is that for the rest of my life, I'll never be able to tell my wife not to buy something I think is ridiculous.

"Yeah, well you spent 10K on the Super Bowl."  It kind of undermines my current, "You're not getting a $1,200 a month lease on a Range Rover" position.

You can always lie.  

Yeah babe, I got a deal, only $3K, flight, room and tix included.  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Probably not, but if the Jets won the division in the year they went to the SB, when factoring in the difference of cost, I'd much, much rather go to a home Jets playoff game (or 2, if they had 2 that season) rather than attend the SB.  I was in attendance for each of the last 2 home Jets playoff games and they were pure magic.

Obviously, if the Jets went to the SB as a Wild Card that would change things a bit.  

• Upvote 3

I've gone to two Super Bowls through connections.  Both were really fun experiences but they were probably more relaxed and enjoyable precisely because the Jets weren't in those games.  I think I'd be a stressful mess, particularly surrounded by what is a very, very eclectic crowd.  I mean you have about 30% fans for the AFC team and 30% for the NFC.  The other 40% are corporate types, sponsors, NFL-affiliated people and knuckleheads like me who know someone at the NFLPA.  As a diehard fan of one of the teams it has to be a surreal experience but I think I'd prefer to be at home with a small group of similar fans very focused on the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably not, but if the Jets won the division in the year they went to the SB, when factoring in the difference of cost, I'd much, much rather go to the home Jets playoff game rather than attend the SB.  I was in attendance for each of the last 2 home Jets playoff games and they were pure magic.

Obviously, if the Jets went to the SB as a Wild Card that would change things a bit.  

I'm local, so that's a given.  This would be in addition, for sure.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I've gone to two Super Bowls through connections.  Both were really fun experiences but they were probably more relaxed and enjoyable precisely because the Jets weren't in those games.  I think I'd be a stressful mess, particularly surrounded by what is a very, very eclectic crowd.  I mean you have about 30% fans for the AFC team and 30% for the NFC.  The other 40% are corporate types, sponsors, NFL-affiliated people and knuckleheads like me who know someone at the NFLPA.  As a diehard fan of one of the teams it has to be a surreal experience but I think I'd prefer to be at home with a small group of similar fans very focused on the game.

So,so true. When the PA announcer said" let's meet the AFC Champions, the NY Jets, I don't know if I would cry, or pass out. Ok, I'll be honest.....Cry. Heavily.

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

What is the way they allocate tickets over there to the super bowl. Do both competing teams get a allocation like over here for finals in uk and Europe. Think it’s like each team will get something like 30percent of capacity of stadium it’s being played in over here which the club then allocates to fans on critea of season tickets matches attended etc.

So if the jets did get there would some season ticket holders be able to get a ticket through the club without paying over the top prices 

1 minute ago, Lith said:

This is where I am at.  Not about the season tix, but after going to the back to back AFCCG's in Indy and Pitt, I promised my son that if the Jets get to a SB in my lifetime, we are going. 

Since 2010, I have been putting a few bucks away each week for tickets.  I now have about $15K sitting in an envelope in the safe deposti box.  My Super Bowl fund.  I will probably end up leaving those funds to my son in my will and the only way I get to a Jets SB is if he takes my ashes.  B

ut as of now, I am a lot closer to the SB than the Jets are.

LOL. I may skip a generation and leave them to my grandchildren.😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bosleyjet74 said:

What is the way they allocate tickets over there to the super bowl. Do both competing teams get a allocation like over here for finals in uk and Europe. Think it’s like each team will get something like 30percent of capacity of stadium it’s being played in over here which the club then allocates to fans on critea of season tickets matches attended etc.

So if the jets did get there would some season ticket holders be able to get a ticket through the club without paying over the top prices 

They have a lottery, and you used to be weighted on how many years you had your season tix. That may have gone out with the new stadium, though.

Nowhere near what it would cost. I don't enjoy the game experience so much that I'd pay thousands to get to a game surrounded by random fans and a lot of people who got tickets through work and couldn't care less about the team. I think it would be way more fun at a Jets bar surrounded by other fans. I'd probably feel different if I grew up going to games. 

I've paid upwards of $4K for other, similar, potentially "one time in lifetime" experiences.  World Series.  Concerts.  Trips.

For the Jets, I might go as high as $5K.

But that would require me to be financially able, and who knows what the world will look like tomorrow, much less in 2078 when the Jets current rebuild might be over and we might finally be allowed to have expectation for the postseason...