What would you pay for a Jets Super Bowl Ticket?

ZachEY

I’d pass on the thousands never been into the “bucket list” kind of thinking I kind of hate the term. Years ago when it was cheaper we talked about it but of course never happened. Not that you wouldn’t have a great time. Hanging out with other Jets fans before and after the game. Whatever city it’s in makeshift Jets fans bars etc. I’d expect the price of tickets to be super high because of all the Jets fans who will go crazy and pay any price. I’ll watch on TV maybe have a SB party. We went to a SB party at a cousin’s house 25 years ago and told the world we were having a baby. So my 25 year old daughter is a great kid and successful we’re proud of her but she’s such a non sports fan when I asked her a few days ago if she is going to watch the Super Bowl on Sunday she laughed, said she didn’t know anything about the game and of course not watching it. Obviously not a chip off the old block at least in my case. Her Mom doesn’t like football either but is sympathetic to the Jets. Daughter doesn’t care.?

I would pass on attending the game. I would try my best to get to some Jets bar, or someone's home, filled with Jet fans. Up here in VT there are very few of either - so I'd try to make my way back to NYC, book a hotel room near a specific bar or home, and watch there. Heck, they could probably do something like book some big comfy Imax theaters or something like that to show the game, and sell seats at $100 a pop and BYOB : THAT would be great.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

Apparently the Rams have no fans which must be why the price is dropping? They held a rally and hardly anyone showed up. I’m betting you’ll hear the Bengals fans in the stadium but not the Rams 

They apparently scheduled it at a local high school.  And couldn't fill the High School stands.  Might have been less well attended than a training camp practice at Florham Park.  30,000 in Cincinnati; ~500 in LA.

• Sympathy 2

Not nearly as much as it would take to get there.  I have a 77 inch OLED, 11 speakers including two 15 inch subwoofers, leather power recliners, and a standing popcorn machine in my man cave.  That is where ill be.

Sure I'd prefer to see it live but not for 10k all in.

• Upvote 3

Imagine how much the price would drop if the jets make it lol. 

if it’s 8k for 2, add 4k for travel accommodations and recreational substances and man 12k I don’t know. 

hate to say it but it would have to be a great team that had the 1 seed.  Not risking all that to see a debacle lol

Just now, FRANKPAGS said:

For me, if the AFC Championship game were at home, that would be much better than being at the Superbowl. The crowd noise and sitting next to the people you suffered with all these years would be the ultimate. If I won the ticket lottery through the team, I would go, but not paying $10,000 for them. How would you feel if you paid that and the Jets lose on a field goal with no time left on the clock? No thanks!?

I agree with this.  I'd much rather pay to go to the AFC CG.  I'd go to the SB if I won the ticket lottery (or the actual lottery!)

Imagine paying all that money and then we lose 54-13?  Or we suffer what the Falcons went through against the Pats a couple of years ago?   I'd literally hate the Jets if that happened.  On second thought, maybe it would be worth it.  :)

5 hours ago, Lith said:

This is where I am at.  Not about the season tix, but after going to the back to back AFCCG's in Indy and Pitt, I promised my son that if the Jets get to a SB in my lifetime, we are going. 

Since 2010, I have been putting a few bucks away each week for tickets.  I now have about $15K sitting in an envelope in the safe deposti box.  My Super Bowl fund.  I will probably end up leaving those funds to my son in my will and the only way I get to a Jets SB is if he takes my ashes. 

But as of now, I am a lot closer to the SB than the Jets are.

And he will leave it  to his son and  his son and his son and eventually well down the line they will just purchase the team, 

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't pay a nickel.  It would have to be a fake.  Jets in the SB?  Oh yeah!!

What would you pay for a bridge to Brooklyn?  You could put a toll on it.  Make a ton.

But................would love it if it were true.  I'm an oldster and time is running out.

14 hours ago, jbt said:

not worth it.  how many actual fans of the teams are there?

rather hang out with actual fans, can spend that money more wisely on a party at home or at a bar

You would be surprised how many JETS fans would make this trip.

17 hours ago, ZachEY said:

You think a Jets Super Bowl would be more expensive than an LA one, in LA?

I don't know about that.  I'm sure my price would go up as it got closer, but when you consider I'm not going to just buy one, close to 7K w/ the fees, that's a lot for 4 hours.

The LA Rams don't have any fans -- long suffering franchises finally making it drives up the price more more than anything. Pretty sure the Eagles/Pats Super Bowl (in not so glamorous Minnesota) was extremely expensive.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Super Bowl is such a corporate game these days. I'd probably rather be somewhere with a ton of Jets fans. 

But, I will pay whatever it takes to get to a home NFC Championship. That will be a blast. Hopefully only a few years away.

I have news for you. A home NFC Championship seems unlikely.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

But to answer the original question -- whatever it takes. I couldn't miss it.

I have family that works in the cable industry who have previously offered me face value Super Bowl tickets (I turned them down -- no interest in going to the Super Bowl if the Jets weren't in it) but I would work that angle for sure. But regardless I'd find a way.

And if we ever hosted the AFC TItle Game I'd go to that, too.

17 hours ago, ZachEY said:

You think a Jets Super Bowl would be more expensive than an LA one, in LA?

I don't know about that.  I'm sure my price would go up as it got closer, but when you consider I'm not going to just buy one, close to 7K w/ the fees, that's a lot for 4 hours.

And imagine the Jets losing after all of that?

Back in 2010 after we beat Brady and Peyton back to back, my friends and I were talking about this. We were only a few years out of undergrad but we definitely would have gone. That year there were tickets for less than $3k. I remember saying back then that I’d even go up as high as $5k if the Jets were guaranteed to win.

With flights, hotels, food, and tix for two - you’re looking at close to $10k for the whole weekend. I don’t know that I’d do that at 35 with a young family, but I also know that if the Jets won the AFCCG, rational thought would go out the window for a while.