Jump to content

What would you pay for a Jets Super Bowl Ticket?


ZachEY
 Share

Recommended Posts

This topic just got me thinking how spoiled the pats fans have been in 10 Super Bowls the last 25 years. You probably have fans that have been to all 10, or at least a couple. If the Jets ever make it I’m sure I will pay whatever it costs to get there. I already give this team thousands of dollars every year for season tickets to watch an absolute awful product. What’s a few thousand more if they’re actually in the Super Bowl 😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably wouldn't do it.

I'd need to sit in good seats (1st or 2nd level, inside the 20s) because who wants a crap view when tv is better?

And I'd need to buy at least 4 tickets to watch with fam.

So what?  $10k tickets × 4.  $40k?  Na.

Gimme the couch and 70" TV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I refuse to spend a single dollar on anything NFL related.  Havent been to game in years, havent bought gear in years, wont pay for the NFL Ticket or NFL Network or anything that fattens their pockets.  The Jets in the Super Bowl would be the one exception and I'd probably be willing to pay up to 5k.  Lord knows I've spent 5k on much less memorable moments in my life.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Pac said:

Not nearly as much as it would take to get there.  I have a 77 inch OLED, 11 speakers including two 15 inch subwoofers, leather power recliners, and a standing popcorn machine in my man cave.  That is where ill be.

Sure I'd prefer to see it live but not for 10k all in.

The LG?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The LA Rams don't have any fans -- long suffering franchises finally making it drives up the price more more than anything. Pretty sure the Eagles/Pats Super Bowl (in not so glamorous Minnesota) was extremely expensive.

Yes, but LA has a ton of people, as RJF mentioned, that just have the money to do this, and it's an event.  If it's about fanbases, sure.  But, I'm not sure that's the main driver of price.  Every Super Bowl is expensive.

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

And imagine the Jets losing after all of that?

Back in 2010 after we beat Brady and Peyton back to back, my friends and I were talking about this. We were only a few years out of undergrad but we definitely would have gone. That year there were tickets for less than $3k. I remember saying back then that I’d even go up as high as $5k if the Jets were guaranteed to win.

With flights, hotels, food, and tix for two - you’re looking at close to $10k for the whole weekend. I don’t know that I’d do that at 35 with a young family, but I also know that if the Jets won the AFCCG, rational thought would go out the window for a while. 

That's my fear.

I think you have to hope it's in a good place, and call it a vacation.  Then, the tickets are just an extra splurge on the vacation.

At a similar age and place in life as you, it's hard to justify these expenses with mortgages, childcare, camp, etc.  Not that the money isn't there, but the cost of the Super Bowl would be about the cost of summer camp.  Later in life, I think it's a no-brainer.  Would have to hope my dad wants to go.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

But for how long? Forever? Are the Jets destined to be crap into perpetuity?

I don't care how good they are... I just can't see us ever hosting an NFC Championship game.  Call me a pessimist, I suppose.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I don't care how good they are... I just can't see us ever hosting an NFC Championship game.  Call me a pessimist, I suppose.

Aaron Rodgers and the '85 Bears D wouldn't be enough to get us to host an NFC Championship game. Hell, it wouldn't even be enough for us to host an NFC Wild Card game!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Yes, but LA has a ton of people, as RJF mentioned, that just have the money to do this, and it's an event.  If it's about fanbases, sure.  But, I'm not sure that's the main driver of price.  Every Super Bowl is expensive.

I agree that it's an "event" in LA but the people going for that reason aren't paying through the nose on Stubhub. They're getting comped by agencies, marketing companies, friends of friends in high places, etc.

The people paying through the nose on stubhub are fans and fanbases are driving that demand.

Just my 2 cents.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The threshold for financial pain will be different depending on your stage in life in most instances.  For me in my early 60's, it is a bucket list item.  I told my son that if the Jets make it we will try go the game no matter what (within reason).  I would be comfortable with up to $5k per ticket but probably would get caught up in it and go higher.  Of course after the Jets get their asses kicked I would probably have buyers remorse.  I would like the opportunity to have said remorse though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I agree that it's an "event" in LA but the people going for that reason aren't paying through the nose on Stubhub. They're getting comped by agencies, marketing companies, friends of friends in high places, etc.

The people paying through the nose on stubhub are fans and fanbases are driving that demand.

Just my 2 cents.

I think you're right on the very high end, but I have to imagine there's a demand amongst the not super wealthy but still can pay 3K for an afternoon crowd.

Honestly, who knows.  It's all speculation.

If the Jets get in, all bets are off and I'll see if I can maintain a budget and make reasonable decisions.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was lucky enough to get to 2 Super Bowls. 

First  one I was comped by a sponsor.  Seahawks - Steelers in 05 or 06.  GM was the sponsor for the game in Detroit (lucky me, get to go to a Super Bowl and I get an all expense paid weekend in Detroit in February).  Most of the people I was with couldn't give a sh*t about the game.  I don't know that I met a legit Steeler or Seahawk fan the entire weekend.  I am sure they were there, but they weren't hangin out with us corproate types.

2nd game was when the NFl held a lottery giving fans the chance to by two tix at face value and my name was selected.  Went with my son to the Malcolm Butler game in Phoenix.  No corporate parties, end zone seats with other NFL fans who won the lottery.  It was a better game, but also a much better experience sitting with real NFL fans.  NFL eliminated that lottery a few years ago when they started selling "experineces" for way more than face value.  Which is a shame -- just another step in taking the game away from the real fans.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Warfish said:

I've paid upwards of $4K for other, similar, potentially "one time in lifetime" experiences.  World Series.  Concerts.  Trips.

For the Jets, I might go as high as $5K.

But that would require me to be financially able, and who knows what the world will look like tomorrow, much less in 2078 when the Jets current rebuild might be over and we might finally be allowed to have expectation for the postseason...

which concert or world series was even close to $4k?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

I was lucky enough to get to 2 Super Bowls. 

First  one I was comped by a sponsor.  Seahawks - Steelers in 05 or 06.  GM was the sponsor for the game in Detroit (lucky me, get to go to a Super Bowl and I get an all expense paid weekend in Detroit in February).  Most of the people I was with couldn't give a sh*t about the game.  I don't know that I met a legit Steeler or Seahawk fan the entire weekend.  I am sure they were there, but they weren't hangin out with us corproate types.

2nd game was when the NFl held a lottery giving fans the chance to by two tix at face value and my name was selected.  Went with my son to the Malcolm Butler game in Phoenix.  No corporate parties, end zone seats with other NFL fans who won the lottery.  It was a better game, but also a much better experience sitting with real NFL fans.  NFL eliminated that lottery a few years ago when they started selling "experineces" for way more than face value.  Which is a shame -- just another step in taking the game away from the real fans.

 

LOL....my friends and I are convinced our next Super Bowl berth will be the next time it's at Met Life. Waiting 60(optimistic) years to hang out at the Super Bowl in parking Lot B.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

which concert or world series was even close to $4k?

Coming from out of town to NYC to do two nights at MSG to see Dead & Company, while staying in a kick-ass luxury hotel.  Cost more then $4K by the time all was said and done.

Had to buy my 2019 Nationals World Series Game 4 tickets on the secondary market, cost me ~ $3K all told.  Painful, and we lost, but worth it as the wife and I went to one game of every series that glorious victorious World Champion Nats postseason.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

SAMSIES!

I just have a sound bar, but the TV is something else!

Nice!  Yeah I have an atmos 5.2.4 audio setup and both tv and audio have been professionally calibrated (by a real pro not best buy).  I've been kind of an a/v dork since I was a kid.  This and the avs forum are the only 2 sites I post on.

I have a panasonic 4k blu ray player and a couple hundred 4k discs.  Netflix,  Disney plus, and hbo max do a good job with their streams but the pinnacle of a home audio and visual experience is still from a disc.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Nice!  Yeah I have an atmos 5.2.4 audio setup and both tv and audio have been professionally calibrated (by a real pro not best buy).  I've been kind of an a/v dork since I was a kid.  This and the avs forum are the only 2 sites I post on.

I have a panasonic 4k blu ray player and a couple hundred 4k discs.  Netflix,  Disney plus, and hbo max do a good job with their streams but the pinnacle of a home audio and visual experience is still from a disc.

I still haven't been able to nail my settings.  Semi-bright room typically.  Any advice would be appreciated there.  I don't get a ton of movie time, so shows on the streaming services are the best I've got for now.

As for audio, we're probably 18 months away from a full renovation of the ground floor.  While that's going on, I may run some speakers and whatnot.  Doesn't make sense to do before.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Coming from out of town to NYC to do two nights at MSG to see Dead & Company, while staying in a kick-ass luxury hotel.  Cost more then $4K by the time all was said and done.

Had to buy my 2019 Nationals World Series Game 4 tickets on the secondary market, cost me ~ $3K all told.  Painful, and we lost, but worth it as the wife and I went to one game of every series that glorious victorious World Champion Nats postseason.

I still have my ticket from Englishtown , Sept.1977. New Riders, Tucker and the Dead. $10. It's crazy just how expensive shows are today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, section314 said:

I still have my ticket from Englishtown , Sept.1977. New Riders, Tucker and the Dead. $10. It's crazy just how expensive shows are today. 

Aye, I had pretty good (not great) seats both nights, and they are pricy compared to back (or in your case WAY back) in the day.....lol, but that trip was, in fairness, mostly the hotel in Manhatten, I kinda went all in on that for the wife for that trip.  

Hotel was pretty great (saw Game 7 of the Nats World Series win there, and got alof of NY "hey congrats" comments the next day walking about), but honestly it was probably my last NYC trip.  Just don't enjoy the charms of the City like maybe I once did, and we get plenty of shows here in DC.

EDIT:  @section314 I have 10 officially released Dead shows from 1977 at this point, including Dicks Picks Vol. 15, 09/03/1977, Raceway Park, Englishtown NJ.  In your honor I think I'll go listen to it now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I still haven't been able to nail my settings.  Semi-bright room typically.  Any advice would be appreciated there.  I don't get a ton of movie time, so shows on the streaming services are the best I've got for now.

As for audio, we're probably 18 months away from a full renovation of the ground floor.  While that's going on, I may run some speakers and whatnot.  Doesn't make sense to do before.

These guys are good.  

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/cx-oled/settings

Basically disable most of the junk features, use isf bright room for directv/cabe, and cinema for everything else.  There are 2 cinema types just check both out.

Daredevil on Netflix good way to check your blacks, cooking shows in 4k on Netflix good way to check colors.

Have to tweak things a bit but with that link will help.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Aye, I had pretty good (not great) seats both nights, and they are pricy compared to back (or in your case WAY back) in the day.....lol, but that trip was, in fairness, mostly the hotel in Manhatten, I kinda went all in on that for the wife for that trip.  

Hotel was pretty great (saw Game 7 of the Nats World Series win there, and got alof of NY "hey congrats" comments the next day walking about), but honestly it was probably my last NYC trip.  Just don't enjoy the charms of the City like maybe I once did, and we get plenty of shows here in DC.

EDIT:  @section314 I have 10 officially released Dead shows from 1977 at this point, including Dicks Picks Vol. 15, 09/03/1977, Raceway Park, Englishtown NJ.  In your honor I think I'll go listen to it now.

Was Labor Day Weekend and hot as hell. The Dead were tremendous. Opened with Ptomised Land and closed 1st set with 10 minute version of The Music Never Stopped. The last encore was side 2 of Terrapin. They kicked ass that night. Played for 41/2 hours. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Lith said:

This is where I am at.  Not about the season tix, but after going to the back to back AFCCG's in Indy and Pitt, I promised my son that if the Jets get to a SB in my lifetime, we are going. 

Since 2010, I have been putting a few bucks away each week for tickets.  I now have about $15K sitting in an envelope in the safe deposti box.  My Super Bowl fund.  I will probably end up leaving those funds to my son in my will and the only way I get to a Jets SB is if he takes my ashes. 

But as of now, I am a lot closer to the SB than the Jets are.

Should start hedging from it and put down $100 bucks on the Jets to win the SB every year going forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My dad promised me he would take me to the game whenever the Jets made it, no questions asked. His father made him the same promise, but never got a chance to fulfill it. He even got tickets early when we played Pittsburgh in the AFC championship. Lost a lot of money reselling those lol. End of the day, whatever it takes to get us in the door. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Coming from out of town to NYC to do two nights at MSG to see Dead & Company, while staying in a kick-ass luxury hotel.  Cost more then $4K by the time all was said and done.

Had to buy my 2019 Nationals World Series Game 4 tickets on the secondary market, cost me ~ $3K all told.  Painful, and we lost, but worth it as the wife and I went to one game of every series that glorious victorious World Champion Nats postseason.

got it.  i thought you were saying $4k a ticket.    i don't think there is anything i would spend more than $1k a ticket on other than super bowl.   The Springsteen broadway thing and conference championship or game 7 would be the only things that come close.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DjHoldyHold said:

My dad promised me he would take me to the game whenever the Jets made it, no questions asked.

 

Same.

 

6 minutes ago, DjHoldyHold said:

His father made him the same promise, but never got a chance to fulfill it.

My dad passed three years ago, so we'll never get to go. My son was born in October though -- maybe someday I'll get to take him.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

got it.  i thought you were saying $4k a ticket.    i don't think there is anything i would spend more than $1k a ticket on other than super bowl.   The Springsteen broadway thing and conference championship or game 7 would be the only things that come close.

Ah, gotcha, no, even the Nats WS Tickets were like $1,600 ea. 

A once in a lifetime splurge (as a devoted Nats Fan I am not going to miss their WS any more than I'd miss a Jets SB).

A full blown Pink Floyd reunion tour would have been priceless, I'd have paid anything they asked (when Rick Wright was still alive) and likely gone on tour old school Deadhead style, following the band from show to show, lol.

If somehow we could reincarnate Jerry Garcia, I'd pay alot for a Grateful Dead show, lol.

Short of that, not much would get me to part with that kind of dough again, short of another WS or SB.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...