What would you pay for a Jets Super Bowl Ticket?

ZachEY

It depends on your situation obviously. 5k is a lot of money to me. I could do it, but choose not to. I might go as high as 1500 lol but whatever.

Too many things Id rather spend 5k on. Vintage guitar, vacation, something that has a motor.

Id probably pay 200 for rt tix to queens and watch with my buddies at a bar. Just as much fun to me!

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Pac said:

Nice!  Yeah I have an atmos 5.2.4 audio setup and both tv and audio have been professionally calibrated (by a real pro not best buy).  I've been kind of an a/v dork since I was a kid.  This and the avs forum are the only 2 sites I post on.

I have a panasonic 4k blu ray player and a couple hundred 4k discs.  Netflix,  Disney plus, and hbo max do a good job with their streams but the pinnacle of a home audio and visual experience is still from a disc.

Okay so what settings should I use for my lg oled. Help me out  

I watch football. Some other sports.  Netflix movies and some tv shows like fbi.  Have a ps 4 but not used much. 

ps where can I put a sound bar with this lg tv. The stand goes to the bottom!

thank you. 

8 hours ago, batman10023 said:

I just got the oled c1

its bigger at 65 versus my 55. But not really that impressed.  I had an old lg from about 3 years ago which cost me 600 bucks. 

maybe I have the wrong settings on it. 

I don’t know much about the c1, but I’d definitely tinker with it.  My CX isn’t perfected, but it’s phenomenal.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Our neighbors have 85. It’s obscene. 

I imagine it would be.  When we first got the 77 I thought it was obscene, now that I got used to it, I wonder if the room has space for more.

Very happy where we're at though.  The real complaint I have now is that my cable is so bad, when I watch the Jets, I'm at least 45 seconds behind.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Okay so what settings should I use for my lg oled. Help me out  

I watch football. Some other sports.  Netflix movies and some tv shows like fbi.  Have a ps 4 but not used much. 

ps where can I put a sound bar with this lg tv. The stand goes to the bottom!

thank you. 

You've probably seen the post to ey by now but that applies to C1 as well.

Check this out too.. 

Google around a bit.  Never use vivid or standard..  turn off most of the extra features.

If you haven't seen stuff on the tv that's wowed you yet what you're watching is either not in HDR or 4k, or you're settings are off.  Most nfl games and sports in general are still broadcast in 1080 or in some cases 720.  The OLED is only as good as the signal its fed.

Only a matter of time before all games will be in 4k.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I was upset for a few days when the 85 was released.

Me too but I'm good with 77 for a few years... they're working on oled panels that will be able to hit higher nits which just means they'llbe able to show brighter pictures.  Have to wait for the price to come down on those and 85s in general.  

1 hour ago, Pac said:

You've probably seen the post to ey by now but that applies to C1 as well.

Check this out too.. 

Google around a bit.  Never use vivid or standard..  turn off most of the extra features.

If you haven't seen stuff on the tv that's wowed you yet what you're watching is either not in HDR or 4k, or you're settings are off.  Most nfl games and sports in general are still broadcast in 1080 or in some cases 720.  The OLED is only as good as the signal its fed.

Only a matter of time before all games will be in 4k.

thanks.  i did not see your post.  i am going to tinker with it now.  

definitely not wowed.  obviously it's bigger which is nice but so far my settings might stink.  i have read that the out of the box settings aren't great on the c1.  

is netflix in 4k?  what else is in 4k?

23 hours ago, Pac said:

These guys are good.  

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/cx-oled/settings

Basically disable most of the junk features, use isf bright room for directv/cabe, and cinema for everything else.  There are 2 cinema types just check both out.

Daredevil on Netflix good way to check your blacks, cooking shows in 4k on Netflix good way to check colors.

Have to tweak things a bit but with that link will help.

what exactly does this mean?  was this a bad tv or just the settings were bad to start with?

Unfortunately, the unit we tested has exceptionally poor out-of-the-box color accuracy, but that can vary between units, so we may have just gotten one with a bad panel. 

also would you not use cinema for watching movies from cable tv? (hbo for example)

23 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

what exactly does this mean?  was this a bad tv or just the settings were bad to start with?

Unfortunately, the unit we tested has exceptionally poor out-of-the-box color accuracy, but that can vary between units, so we may have just gotten one with a bad panel. 

also would you not use cinema for watching movies from cable tv? (hbo for example)

OLEDs have been the best TV's available for around 7 years running. 

"Bad panels" are referring to the actual panel itself inside the TV - not the TV overall.  Quality control with regards to panels used to be a bigger issue years ago but since 2019 it's gotten much better.

You really do have to tinker with it a bit but out of the box CX's and C1's are really not too bad.  Watching football games on DirecTV or cable is about 3 out of 10 in terms of the picture that can be produced.  I watched a couple games in 4K and it's markedly better.

Check this out as it's for the C1..  the one for EY was for the CX.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c1-oled/settings

• Upvote 1

How many hours before game time do I need to arrive?  Is the 6:30 start going to end before I nod off.   Will I need a ticket for my nurse?   Can she go with me to the mens room to help me change my adult diaper?   Will they be serving ensure and cream of wheat at the stadium?  If not can I bring my own?  Will there be room for my walker?