Richard Seymour has to be the most overrated player of all time.

Matt39

Never understood the Seymour hype either. Definitely a stout run defender and a smart player but the guy never had double digit sacks.....ever. Not even once. Only had 8 sacks twice in his entire career. 

He benefited by playing on the Patriots during their 3 out of 4 SB run. Alot of those guys were over magnified because the team won so much. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I don't think there was any doubt that Revis would be a first ballot hall famer

I dunno. Those HOF voters are a weird group. Things like Revis's low number of INTs, relatively short peak, and late career wandering will probably count against him.

He should be a 1st Ballot HOFer, but I'll believe it when it happens.

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Barber and Ware are obvious to me. Tony Boselli?? What??

Boselli should’ve gotten in a while ago.

If his career wasn’t cut short, he could’ve legitimately been in the running with Munoz as the greatest LT of all-time.

But still, the Pro Football HOF has dipped to Rock and Roll HOF joke status.

9 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Hall of Fame? First ballot over Demarcus Ware? What?

Good player but did he ever make a big play? First ******* ballot?

Demarcus Ware belongs but so does Seymour.   Both are slam dunk HOF players.   Agree that Ware should be first ballot.   Seymour wasn't first ballot.  

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Demarcus Ware belongs but so does Seymour.   Both are slam dunk HOF players.   Agree that Ware should be first ballot.   Seymour wasn't first ballot.  

Yeah I messed up the first ballot thing. Seymour was a space eater…good player but I can’t remember a signature play he ever made. 

49 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Barber and Ware are obvious to me. Tony Boselli?? What??

Boselli was an excellent player when he played, though he often didn't play.

Injuries blighted his career, and he only played 91 career games which is very low for a HOFer.

Jets fans should start campaigning for Al Toon in the HOF right now - an excellent player whose career was also cut way short by injury.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Issue w/ Boselli?  He was the best LT in the league for a few years.  If you're going to put guys like Terrell Davis in, Bos definitely deserves it. 

Disagree.  TD playoff numbers are historically great.  The guy averaged 5.6 per carry on 204 attempts in the playoffs.  He averaged 146 yards per game in 8 games with 12 TD's.  His numbers in big games against the best were simply to good to ignore.  Against the best teams in elimination games he stood out as the best player in the game.  

10 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Hall of Fame? First ballot over Demarcus Ware? What?

Good player but did he ever make a big play? First ******* ballot?

Ware should be in.

I have the pats, but Seymore should be in too.  He was that good, he demanded double teams, and sadly I remember him giving Brick fits his first few seasons.

It helps to have a bunch of rings and play in a good team.

36 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Seymour was arguably the best defensive player on a defense led dynasty that won three titles in four years.

I don't really get the hate.

Problem for us Jet fans is that we can't comprehend all the great players that team assembled over the years.  Plus all the SB wins/appearances.  It becomes overwhelming and clouds our collective minds, especially when comparing them to our guys and limited team success.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Disagree.  TD playoff numbers are historically great.  The guy averaged 5.6 per carry on 204 attempts in the playoffs.  He averaged 146 yards per game in 8 games with 12 TD's.  His numbers in big games against the best were simply to good to ignore.  Against the best teams in elimination games he stood out as the best player in the game.  

I never said Davis didnt deserve to be in, he definitely to, dude was an MVP in one of the best years I've ever seen from an RB, but his knock was longevity, similar to Boselli.  All I was saying is, if you're going to put Davis in who only had 4 seasons of relevance and maybe only had 1 year as the RB1 in the NFL, then Boselli deserves it as well because he was arguably the best LT in the league for 5 straight years. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Issue w/ Boselli?  He was the best LT in the league for a few years.  If you're going to put guys like Terrell Davis in, Bos definitely deserves it. 

Yeah I guess. Davis has the 2k season with a league and Super Bowl MVP though. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Ware should be in.

I have the pats, but Seymore should be in too.  He was that good, he demanded double teams, and sadly I remember him giving Brick fits his first few seasons.

It helps to have a bunch of rings and play in a good team.

He was a good player. Him getting in over the guys eligible is crazy though. JJ Watt as a 3-4 end has twice as many sacks as Seymour in less games. Are Calais Campbell, Cameron Jordan and Cameron Heyward all getting in too?

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He was a good player. Him getting in over the guys eligible is crazy though. JJ Watt as a 3-4 end has twice as many sacks as Seymour in less games. Are Calais Campbell, Cameron Jordan and Cameron Heyward all getting in too?

JJ Watt for 5 years was the best defensive end I have seen since Reggie White, saying someone isn't as good as JJ is like saying, "he's a good guard, but Michael Jordan was better."

I watched a lot (too many) Pats games.   I thought Richard was the prototypical 3-4 defensive end.   He had to be double teamed, and in my opinion he is in the HOF.

Mills I remember, I thought he was good, but never a HOF type player.  Boselli was an HOF talent who only played 5 complete seasons, I would not have put him in either.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Not saying he doesn't deserve the HOF, but it goes to show what a team/franchise will do to a player. I don't think he's HOF if wasn't playing for the Pats during the glory years.

Are Swann and Stallworth in if they aren't on the Steelers?

Is Jerry Kramer in if he isn't on the Packers?

• Upvote 1