***SUPERBOWL GAMEDAY THREAD*** Bungles VS. Kupps ***

JTJet

2 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Absolutely crazy numbers 

His worst week of the year he had 61 yards on 5 receptions and 1 TD.  That was his *worst* week.

He had at least 1 TD in 12 of 17 games.

He had at least 100 yards in 11 of 17 games.

He never had less than 5 catches in any game.

I could go on.  It was a season for the ages.  

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, hawk said:

After a game where the Refs let them play, that was a horrible / unjustified call.  

That being said, the TD for the Bengals should have never been, which was a blatant penalty. 

I wish more games were called like this game.  

I’m likely in the minority but i thought this was a well reffed game. There were two bad calls on both sides: the Ramsey mugging in the first half and one of the dpi against Kupp. There weren’t many other flags thrown and the rest were all justified. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

I’m likely in the minority but i thought this was a well reffed game. There were two bad calls on both sides: the Ramsey mugging in the first half and one of the dpi against Kupp. There weren’t many other flags thrown and the rest were all justified. 

I said I wish more games were called this way 

If it's not blatant, no flag. 

Let the kids play.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Gotta get away from this claim of a Ramsey "mugging", a pull on the bottom of a t shirt that didnt even impede the reciever is not a mugging. 

The blatant face mask on Ramsey that literally turned his head completely around and drove him to the ground? That's a mugging. 

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Gotta get away from this claim of a Ramsey "mugging", a pull on the bottom of a t shirt that didnt even impede the reciever is not a mugging. 

The blatant face mask on Ramsey that literally turned his head completely around and drove him to the ground? That's a mugging. 

I’m referring to the play when Ramsey’s facemask got pulled and then the Bengals WR caught the ball. That’s the play I was referring to when I said the Ramsey mugging (Ramsey got mugged).

• Upvote 1

Just now, nycdan said:

The Joe Burrow hype train felt a little out of control.  I don't blame him at all, but people were trying a little too hard to make him the next Brady and make CIN a dynasty in the making.  Now he has to go back and slug it out with Mahomes, Allen, Herbert and hopefully Zach next year and hope....really hope....he doesn't look back at this as his Marino moment.  

He's really good.  And Chase is really good.  And while they should cruise back to the playoffs, they don't feel like a dominant team that I would expect to see back in the SB.  They feel like they caught a few breaks and made a few big plays but they have holes.  AFC is going to be like a Steel Cage match for the next few years.  And it could be even worse if Rodgers comes to DEN.

On the other hand, with Brady retiring, I could easily see the Rams back again (assuming Donald doesn't retire).  NFC feels like a much easier path with maybe only GB in the way, if Rodgers stays.

Things look good for the Bengals right now but who knows if he ever gets back.  It's amazing how quickly things change (at least for teams other than us).  

24 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Bengals showed you can’t win with an inferior OL. This game also showed that a pass rush is essential. The Rams also showed you can win without weapons. Every season is different and SB teams are built differently. There is no one way to do bulls a team or win a championship

there is one thing NOT to do. and thats draft 3 OL in the 1st rd. and no team has ever done 3 years in a row.

in this century only 2 out of 44 SB teams went to the SB and both lost. i would say thats a big no no

many different ways to build a SB winner. and we are doing it a way thats NEVER been done. well if we draft another OL in this years 1st rd. and the odds dont get much better with 2. 2 out of 5 won.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The Joe Burrow hype train felt a little out of control.  I don't blame him at all, but people were trying a little too hard to make him the next Brady and make CIN a dynasty in the making.  Now he has to go back and slug it out with Mahomes, Allen, Herbert and hopefully Zach next year and hope....really hope....he doesn't look back at this as his Marino moment.  

He's really good.  And Chase is really good.  And while they should cruise back to the playoffs, they don't feel like a dominant team that I would expect to see back in the SB.  They feel like they caught a few breaks and made a few big plays but they have holes.  AFC is going to be like a Steel Cage match for the next few years.  And it could be even worse if Rodgers comes to DEN.

On the other hand, with Brady retiring, I could easily see the Rams back again (assuming Donald doesn't retire).  NFC feels like a much easier path with maybe only GB in the way, if Rodgers stays.

Even tonight.  His one big play was a clear pentacle that didn’t get called.  Bengals got another huge break with OBJ going down on a freak play. 

9 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

What's better for Sean McVey, winning the SB or being engaged to Veronika Khomyn?  Damn, she's gorgeous.

Los-Angeles-Rams-Coach-Sean-McVay-and-Fi

121421-sean-mcvay-veronika-1.jpg?quality

Don’t light a match near her, Coach. That’s a lot of plastic. I was wondering who she was up on the podium after the last two games. She looks about 15 years younger in these pictures than she did on the stage tonight.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Bengals showed you can’t win with an inferior OL. This game also showed that a pass rush is essential. The Rams also showed you can win without weapons. Every season is different and SB teams are built differently. There is no one way to do bulls a team or win a championship

Cooper Kupp is not a weapon? He was the Rams entire offense on that last drive.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Don’t light a match near her, Coach. That’s a lot of plastic. I was wondering who she was up on the podium after the last two games. She looks about 15 years younger in these pictures than she did on the stage tonight.

I know.  And I got kicked out of the venue. Since when do the gals not accept rolls of dimes and quarters?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I’m referring to the play when Ramsey’s facemask got pulled and then the Bengals WR caught the ball. That’s the play I was referring to when I said the Ramsey mugging (Ramsey got mugged).

My bad I read that too fast. 

19 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

What's better for Sean McVey, winning the SB or being engaged to Veronika Khomyn?  Damn, she's gorgeous.

Los-Angeles-Rams-Coach-Sean-McVay-and-Fi

121421-sean-mcvay-veronika-1.jpg?quality

lol dudes dunking on her. She is gorgeous. To be fair, dated a petite svelte woman with fake boobs. So great. 

• Upvote 1