Detroit Lions

FidelioJet

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I wonder about the emotions of the Detroit Lions ownership.

You had a Super Bowl winning caliber QB on your roster for a decade and were entirely incapable of putting a team around him incapable of winning a playoff game.

I mean this sincerely, at what point do you just acknowledge that you just don't know what the F you're doing.

Panthers win Super Bowl next year with Sam. 

Whut?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You had a Super Bowl winning caliber QB on your roster for a decade and were entirely incapable of putting a team around him incapable of winning a playoff game.

I mean this sincerely, at what point do you just acknowledge that you just don't know what the F you're doing.

Stafford will go down as one of the best of all time statistically. Once he’s done he’ll be right behind Brady with these all time stats numbers 

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Stafford will go down as one of the best of all time statistically. Once he’s done he’ll be right behind Brady with these all time stats numbers 

Actually, I don't think he will.  What he has is a LOT of yards.  That's definitely helped by the fact that DET was always losing.  But when you compare his stats overall to other players of his era, they don't really stack up as well.

Russ Wilson is a decent comp.  Stafford has 13 years and Wilson 10.

Stafford averages 274.7 Y/G to Wilson's 234.6.

But Stafford has a completion% of 63 to Wilson's 65.

Stafford has 323 TDs to 161 INTs while Wilson has 292 TDs to 87 INTs.  

Stafford's career rating is 91.1 compared to 101.8 for Wilson.

And so on.

Stafford is a very good QB who had the bad luck to play on a crap team with one good WR in his entire career and no rushing help and minimal OL help.  His stats suffered...until this season.  If he plays another 2-3 years at this level, he'll have a shot at the HoF but he is far, far behind Brady, Wilson, Peyton, Rodgers, and Brees.  

Roethlisberger is actually a pretty close comp.

You know who his stats are much better than?  Eli.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Actually, I don't think he will.  What he has is a LOT of yards.  That's definitely helped by the fact that DET was always losing.  But when you compare his stats overall to other players of his era, they don't really stack up as well.

Russ Wilson is a decent comp.  Stafford has 13 years and Wilson 10.

Stafford averages 274.7 Y/G to Wilson's 234.6.

But Stafford has a completion% of 63 to Wilson's 65.

Stafford has 323 TDs to 161 INTs while Wilson has 292 TDs to 87 INTs.  

Stafford's career rating is 91.1 compared to 101.8 for Wilson.

And so on.

Stafford is a very good QB who had the bad luck to play on a crap team with one good WR in his entire career and no rushing help and minimal OL help.  His stats suffered...until this season.  If he plays another 2-3 years at this level, he'll have a shot at the HoF but he is far, far behind Brady, Wilson, Peyton, Rodgers, and Brees.  

If he average 4500 yards the next 5 years he’s 3rd all time behind Brady and Brees. He’s still only 34 

Rams were a win now team that backed that statement up by placing their chips all in when it came to draft capital and $$. If anything you have to wonder from GM, HC to QB, how can you not win with such a roster? 

Now the real question is are we going to re-sign our Super Bowl winning caliber QB in Joe Flacco?!

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You root for the Jets, and you’re making fun of the Lions ownership?

The Jets can’t build a team, or find a QB.

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

Crazy that Mark Sanchez was drafted that same year- feels like Mark played a million years ago

Yeah, it's pretty pathetic in a day and age where guys are playing to 40 that all our guys are done by 32 or so. NOT Because they're old, but Because they suck.

Lol the Rams play in a market that just don’t give a F about the Rams or chargers. 

Both the charges and the Rams  have been struggling to sell out this expensive stadium, do you guys really think it’s a coincidence that the Rams was the team to get Von and OBJ?

I been hearing all week about how in LA you wouldn’t even know the Super Bowl was being played because the majority of the state really just don’t give a F.

Dogers and Lakers town, the nfl needs to make a impact on this market.

^^^^^
Look at Aaron Donald in this picture and the date, another coincidence too I guess…. 

The NFL is WWE level entertainment that you can make some serious bank from if you are paying attention and notice the obvious patterns.

• WTF? 1

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I wonder about the emotions of the NY Jets ownership.

You passed in the draft over the last 10 years 2  Super Bowl winning caliber QB's while playing the likes of  Geno Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick and your owner goes to London and leaves his team to his unaccomplished penis head brother.

Fixed...  or addended.

• Haha 1

I never forget a few years after Barry Sanders retired, when he went off on the Detroit Lions front office of not getting him help,

Then a few years later after his his retirement "Megatron" Calvin Johnson also ripped into the Lions front office.

That's two ex players who are in the Hall of Fame, ripping the front office apart for their neglect of building a championship caliber team!!! Players that get drafted leave after their contracts up because there is no chemistry and no desire from the front office to restructure this team.

Stafford is a perfect example of player who left a bad team going nowhere and he went to a better team. What he couldn't do in Detroit he did it with the Rams. This Super Bowl sends a message to the owners of the Lions and they better open their eyes because how many players now want to go to another team?

6 hours ago, nycdan said:

Big Ben is an all time qb who was a top 5 qb for many years, just a bit behind the truly elite (Brees/Manning/Brady/Rogers).  Russel Wilson is an elite qb.  So I dont think those are perfect comparisons.  Eli is another subject altogether (one of the most overrated qbs of all time)

Stafford is like the 8-10th best qb in the NFL and has been for years now.   Hes consistently good, but not quite elite.

I’d put him in the Tony Romo/Matt Ryan land in terms of lvl..

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Lol the Rams play in a market that just don’t give a F about the Rams or chargers. 

Both the charges and the Rams  have been struggling to sell out this expensive stadium, do you guys really think it’s a coincidence that the Rams was the team to get Von and OBJ?

I been hearing all week about how in LA you wouldn’t even know the Super Bowl was being played because the majority of the state really just don’t give a F.

^^^^^
Look at Aaron Donald in this picture and the date, another coincidence too I guess…. 

The NFL is WWE level entertainment that you can make some serious bank from if you are paying attention and notice the obvious patterns.

He’s serving cookies on 12/25?

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

He’s serving cookies on 12/25?

Yup and for me it was the final piece of the puzzle for the NFC playoff picture: the home team will be playing at home in the SB for the second year in a row.

Around this time everyone had Tampa or GB as the NFC favorite. 

On a related note, this is the year the 49ers played the chiefs.. look at Mahomes and Kelcee the only 2 with the same similarities in this picture:

another coincidence too I guess 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

^^^^^

Two questions:

1. What am I supposed to be seeing in that picture?

2. How much serious bank did you make last night?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Hael said:

Big Ben is an all time qb who was a top 5 qb for many years, just a bit behind the truly elite (Brees/Manning/Brady/Rogers).  Russel Wilson is an elite qb.  So I dont think those are perfect comparisons.  Eli is another subject altogether (one of the most overrated qbs of all time)

Stafford is like the 8-10th best qb in the NFL and has been for years now.   Hes consistently good, but not quite elite.

I’d put him in the Tony Romo/Matt Ryan land in terms of lvl..

Put any of those names on the Lions....   THEN compare to Stafford. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Kinda sounds just like us minus finding a QB or Barry Sanders or Megatron. Neither organization can build a winner, but end of day they got lucky on a few pieces. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

^^^^^

30 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Yup and for me it was the final piece of the puzzle for the NFC playoff picture: the home team will be playing at home in the SB for the second year in a row.

Around this time everyone had Tampa or GB as the NFC favorite. 

On a related note, this is the year the 49ers played the chiefs.. look at Mahomes and Kelcee the only 2 with the same similarities in this picture:

another coincidence too I guess 

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Two questions:

1. What am I supposed to be seeing in that picture?

2. How much serious bank did you make last night?

I think Aaron Donald making cookies at home and winning a Super Bowl  at home. Plus dudes screen name is oatmeal. 

Kelse and Mahommes only ones opening gifts right up front. 

Kinda cool honestly. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think Aaron Donald making cookies at home and winning a Super Bowl  at home. Plus dudes screen name is oatmeal. 

Kelse and Mahommes only ones opening gifts right up front. 

Kinda cool honestly. 

Did I miss a Q-drop on 8chan about this obvious conspiracy? I bet the baby eating satanic cabal was involved too! Damn Lizardpeople….

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

I have a  very good friend who grew up in Michigan  and is a crazy Lions fans and pissed off doesn't begin to describe how he feels. 

• Upvote 1

^^^^^

I think I'm missing it, what date am I looking at? Christmas? And why is it important that Donald is holding cookies?

And I would add that I havent heard ONE media clown full out rip on the Lions for it. It was all sentimental thoughts for Stafford. Now imagine the same scenario but its our NY Jets. They would embarrass us to no end.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Did I miss a Q-drop on 8chan about this obvious conspiracy? I bet the baby eating satanic cabal was involved too! Damn Lizardpeople….

in the words of Godell before handing off the Lombardi last night : “Wow! …. Another ending fit for Hollywood!”

?‍♂️

• Haha 1

^^^^^

**idiotic post

• Sympathy 1

I think Stafford is being a little overrated here. He's a 1x Pro Browler. Never sniffed All Pro. Led the league in INTs this year.

Good QB, but he's "Super Bowl caliber" in the sense that guys like Eli and Flacco have been. Obviously going from a terrible situation (Lions) to an elite situation (Sean McVay, great weapons, great defense, etc.) proved he's capable of being a winner. But it's not like John Elway was on the roster in Detroit for 10 years.

14 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think I'm missing it, what date am I looking at? Christmas? And why is it important that Donald is holding cookies?

I only mentioned the date because this was posted on Christmas at a time when GB and TB were the favorite to come out the NFC.

He’s holding cookies to illustrate he’s at home / the host of the Christmas party (SB in LA)