Elijah Moore gets picked on then offered a joint from Mike Tyson during Super Bowl

9 minutes ago, the Claw said:

I dunno, I feel like he “should” be doing wtf the he wants to do.

lol, exactly. He's what in him mid to late fifties but he's been retired for years. He can do whatever he wants as long as he's no longer abusing women or getting himself in legal trouble. Would it be a good story for him to turn into some amazing trainer or role model? Sure. But I would be just as fine if he made an ass of himself or he disappeared into obscurity if that made him happier. Again, as long as he isn't hurting anybody.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

lol, exactly. He's what in him mid to late fifties but he's been retired for years. He can do whatever he wants as long as he's no longer abusing women or getting himself in legal trouble. Would it be a good story for him to turn into some amazing trainer or role model? Sure. But I would be just as fine if he made an ass of himself or he disappeared into obscurity if that made him happier. Again, as long as he isn't hurting anybody.   

Yes, absolutely. With his history it’s only right to add that caveat, although he does seem to be past that phase in his life. Hopefully.

3 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

It's sad to see Tyson getting wasted and making an ass of himself.

He's had a lot of opportunities and he should be training young dudes with all the knowledge he has~

That's cute that you believe you know what Tyson "should be doing". smh

Who are you that you get to judge what people should be doing with their lives?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

For me, the two most awe inspiring YouTube sports clips remain Secretariat winning the Belmont in 1973 and the collection of Mike Tyson KO's...

Agree with Secretariat. My buddy has a picture hanging in his living room of jockey Ron Turcotte while on the home stretch looking to his left instead of over his shoulder to see where the rest of the field was as they were still on the back stretch as he was at the top of the homestretch Remarkable performance by a remarkable horse. RIP Big Red 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, CSNY said:

Agree with Secretariat. My buddy has a picture hanging in his living room of jockey Ron Turcotte while on the home stretch looking to his left instead of over his shoulder to see where the rest of the field was as they were still on the back stretch as he was at the top of the homestretch Remarkable performance by a remarkable horse. RIP Big Red 

Still have my $2 win ticket. On the rail for the most dominant performance ever!

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

For me, the two most awe inspiring YouTube sports clips remain Secretariat winning the Belmont in 1973 and the collection of Mike Tyson KO's...

Meh Mike Tyson was overrated he knocked out bums and as soon as someone wasn't afraid of him he folded and was never the same...classic bully fighter.

23 hours ago, Dunnie said:
23 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:
It's sad to see Tyson getting wasted and making an ass of himself.
He's had a lot of opportunities and he should be training young dudes with all the knowledge he has~

Knowledge and Tyson in the same sentence ....impressive.

22 hours ago, the Claw said:

I dunno, I feel like he “should” be doing wtf the he wants to do.

20 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That's cute that you believe you know what Tyson "should be doing". smh

Who are you that you get to judge what people should be doing with their lives?

Hey I don't understand why I got bashed but maybe you guys misunderstood. I wasn't looking down my nose at Tyson or judging him.

I respect you guys as posters, so I won't respond aggressively but please allow me to explain?

If you're just a casual boxing fan or not a boxing fan at all, I get that Tyson is somewhat Goofy. You read the headlines about him being in trouble. He's got a high-pitched voice, he went to jail blah blah blah.

He's actually well read and a huge history buff. He absolutely can hold a conversation about Aristotle, Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, the Dalai Lama etc.

Burt Sugar a revered boxing historian, stated that Tyson knew more about the history of boxing than any other boxer he's ever met. Sugar was the guy with the Fedora and the cigar and gravelly voice~

Tyson admittedly fashioned his style after Jack Dempsey who was heavyweight champion in the early 1920s.

Admittedly the guy has some behavioral disorders/emotional disorders.. as did John Lennon, Vincent Van Gogh, and Lawrence Taylor.

I've been a fan of his since 1988 and was actually training for the Golden gloves. Unfortunately jogging with my girlfriend's dog he ran into the street and I stepped on a rock and snapped my ankle about a mile and a half from my house so that ended there. No more road work.

He was trained by Cus D'Amato, Teddy Atlas, and Kevin Rooney. I've done my homework, I've spent a lot of hours reading and watching. The youngest champion to ever unify the titles in the heavyweight division.

It's funny when you get into something so much, you kind of feel like you know these guys. The Beatles The Beastie boys etc. At least for me, Tom Petty played his final tour with a broken hip and wound up dying of a drug overdose, Tiger Woods just can't seem to get it right and he's always in the news for all the wrong reasons.

Wasted talent.

My point is I would rather see Tyson open up a gym and train some champions rather than own a weed farm. I can get weed from the gas station up the block.

Again I wasn't looking down on him I was only hoping for and wishing him the best.

Only Tyson knows what Cus taught him~

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Hey I don't understand why I got bashed but maybe you guys misunderstood. I wasn't looking down my nose at Tyson or judging him.

I respect you guys as posters, so I won't respond aggressively but please allow me to explain?

If you're just a casual boxing fan or not a boxing fan at all, I get that Tyson is somewhat Goofy. You read the headlines about him being in trouble. He's got a high-pitched voice, he went to jail blah blah blah.

He's actually well read and a huge history buff. He absolutely can hold a conversation about Aristotle, Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, the Dalai Lama etc.

Burt Sugar a revered boxing historian, stated that Tyson knew more about the history of boxing than any other boxer he's ever met. Sugar was the guy with the Fedora and the cigar and gravelly voice~

Tyson admittedly fashioned his style after Jack Dempsey who was heavyweight champion in the early 1920s.

Admittedly the guy has some behavioral disorders/emotional disorders.. as did John Lennon, Vincent Van Gogh, and Lawrence Taylor.

I've been a fan of his since 1988 and was actually training for the Golden gloves. Unfortunately jogging with my girlfriend's dog he ran into the street and I stepped on a rock and snapped my ankle about a mile and a half from my house so that ended there. No more road work.

He was trained by Cus D'Amato, Teddy Atlas, and Kevin Rooney. I've done my homework, I've spent a lot of hours reading and watching. The youngest champion to ever unify the titles in the heavyweight division.

It's funny when you get into something so much, you kind of feel like you know these guys. The Beatles The Beastie boys etc. At least for me, Tom Petty played his final tour with a broken hip and wound up dying of a drug overdose, Tiger Woods just can't seem to get it right and he's always in the news for all the wrong reasons.

Wasted talent.

My point is I would rather see Tyson open up a gym and train some champions rather than own a weed farm. I can get weed from the gas station up the block.

Again I wasn't looking down on him I was only hoping for and wishing him the best.

Only Tyson knows what Cus taught him~

I don’t think anyone (at least not I) was “bashing” you. You wish Tyson would open a gym and pass on knowledge? Cool, just say THAT. That’s a totally valid opinion to have. Whether you intended to be judgmental or not doesn’t matter. What you wrote, imo, was judgmental. Especially if you include MT in the category “Wasted Talent” (how sad that you put Tom Petty and Tiger Woods in this category— maybe you should rename this category “Ceased to Entertain Me”).

MT sacrificed his body and his mind for decades so you (and me) could be fans and sit in awe of his ability. I don’t believe he owes us or the boxing world a thing. What Mike “should” be doing is whatever Mike wants to do with his money, his mind, and his body.