Rapoport: Ross could be forced to sell if tanking allegations true

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

"if there were violations"

Violations of what? Show me the rule that he would have violated if he tanked. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but I have yet to see it. Pointing at some gambling rules doesn't do it - this wasn't about gambling.

NFLPA will say owner Ross tried to shorten the length of their players careers and their earnings by incentivizing Flores to lose. Perhaps there is not a rule for that but the NFLPA will absolutely push for removal if this ends up being proven true.

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

They don’t need a specific rule.  All they need to do is find that Ross acted in a manner “detrimental to the integrity and public confidence” and the power to force a sale is specifically written into the constitution and bylaws.  

see pg 31:

https://onlabor.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/co_.pdf

i just don't see the NFL opening this pandora's box.   I remember the year that Jameis Winston was coming out of college and the Bucs (worst team in the league) were somehow winning by 2 TD's in the 4th quarter of the last game and literally pulled their starters to ensure they lost.   It was the most egregious tank job I've ever seen and nothing came of it.   

• Upvote 1

If Flores doesn't have a recording, a text, or Alexander Vindman to testify that he heard Ross offer money for him to tank, nothing will come of this. 

Exactly, and considering he has absolutely nothing to support his discrimination case I don’t expect much. Flores is correct that there’s discrimination and he’s probably not lying about the Dolphins either, but his entire scorched earth philosophy without that little thing called evidence will only serve to hurt in the long run. I believe he made it a class action suit in the hopes others with actual evidence will jump onboard, but I think he’s failed to realize is that he is alone in being willing to sacrifice his career.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1