Big night for Zach Wilson last night

HawkeyeJet

2 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

So the new SB 2023 odds have come out.

we are tied with the Houston Texans for last at +20000

Zach is making a difference.

If we were to really hit the draft and walk away with say 4-6 starters we could win the SB next year. Between our draft and cap space our team may literally be 50% new on opening day.

10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

If we were to really hit the draft and walk away with say 4-6 starters we could win the SB next year. Between our draft and cap space our team may literally be 50% new on opening day.

The consensus among GMs is that if you hit-on 1 out of 3 draft picks you are doing pretty good.  And "hit-on" means they become eventual starters, not necessarily in their Rookie Season. The same percentage, 33 percent, wash out and are off the roster in 2 years. 6 Starters from one draft class ? I know the Jets are lean on talent but that figure is a pipe dream.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In a way, I'm jealous of you Iowans.  Thanks to the internet, you learn something new every day that you were supposed to learn many years ago but didn't, because Iowa.  It's like you're discovering the world around you for the first time, every day.  

Next assignments:  Go read To Kill a MockingbirdCatcher in the Rye, and Brave New World.  I know those books were on the banned list for you but they're a joy to consume.

Easy fella.  When it comes to Hillbilly, Iowa ain’t in North Carolina’s class.  I guess I assume you are from North Carolina.

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Easy fella.  When it comes to Hillbilly, Iowa ain’t in North Carolina’s class.  I guess I assume you are from North Carolina.

No, I'm from northern NJ.  I came to Wilmington, NC in 2004 for school (UNCW) and ended up sticking around.  In July, my wife and I will be moving to the Raleigh area.

But yes, the NC education system (up until you get to higher ed), with few exceptions, pretty much sucks.  When the wife and I end up having a kid or 2, we'll be shooting for private school or home schooling.  lol.

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In a way, I'm jealous of you Iowans.  Thanks to the internet, you learn something new every day that you were supposed to learn many years ago but didn't, because Iowa.  It's like you're discovering the world around you for the first time, every day.  

Next assignments:  Go read To Kill a MockingbirdCatcher in the Rye, and Brave New World.  I know those books were on the banned list for you but they're a joy to consume.

At least Iowa isn’t Kansas.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, I'm from northern NJ.  I came to Wilmington, NC in 2004 for school (UNCW) and ended up sticking around.  In July, my wife and I will be moving to the Raleigh area.

But yes, the NC education system (up until you get to higher ed), with few exceptions, pretty mcuh sucks.  lol.

When I was a kid Iowa was consistently in the top 5 of states when it came to public education.  Now they usually fall somewhere in the high teens/low 20s.  It’s rather depressing the fall in the last decade or so. That’s a discussion for another time and not allowed here anyway.

I’ll poke a little fun at myself here but the truth.  I hate reading for leisure.  Hate it.  I think it’s a necessity for self improvement but I absolutely hate to read, so I don’t do it much anymore.  That said, To kill a Mockingbird is legitimately the only book I’ve ever read at any age that truly made me want to read more books.  I saw a stir online about various places banning it recently, just awful.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, WestCoastMole said:

The consensus among GMs is that if you hit-on 1 out of 3 draft picks you are doing pretty good.  And "hit-on" means they become eventual starters, not necessarily in their Rookie Season. The same percentage, 33 percent, wash out and are off the roster in 2 years. 6 Starters from one draft class ? I know the Jets are lean on talent but that figure is a pipe dream.

Pipe dream?  Someone wasn’t paying attention to last season’s hit rate.   If JD equals that and adds a few good free agents it could be very different.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Pipe dream?  Someone wasn’t paying attention to last season’s hit rate.   If JD equals that and adds a few good free agents it could be very different.  

If the Jets Draft 4 rookies in their top 4 that wind up starting it will mean one or more of the following

1) If one of those picks is an Offensive Lineman it will mean Mechi Bechton lost his position as a starter. (especially now that reports are out the Jets are close to re-signing LDT)

2) If one of those picks is a Wide Receiver it will mean Denzel Mims was either released or failed to secure a starting position.

3) If one of those players is a Tight-end it means the Jets failed to secure a TE in Free Agency.

It takes an extraordinary player to come in from the College ranks and secure a starting position for Game 1. I can see a player like Thibodeaux obtaining such a position on D LIne given his extraordinary and the Jets lack of depth at the position. The same can be said for WR if the Jets draft one with the 10th overall pick but again that speaks more to the weakness of the team. I expect that at the start of training camp Kelan Cole will be designated as a starting Wide Receiver and any player be it a rookie or a free agent signing that wants that position will have to beat him out in Camp. Second Round Draft picks more often than not take time to round in to shape, They may see playing time in Game 1 but they still have to earn their way to a starting position. It is very rare for a middle round draft pick to see the field as a starter in Game 1. It means one of several things. First the team is very weak at the position, second the team doesn't have the Cap Space to sign a veteran Free Agent, and third the scouting staff did an extraordinary job to unearth a diamond in the rough.

Even the worst Free Agent signing brings an understanding of what is required of him and the pace of the NFL Game that the best qualified College Draftee does not possess.

They call them Rookies for a reason.

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

She's still a goddess for sure.   I still have Herb Ritts' photos of her burned into my memory.

The old one is ok, was never to my tastes personally.

Young one needs to eat a cheeseburger, she's grossly skinny.  Unhealthily so, as is societies preference it seems these days.

47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You losers keep talking about Zach Wilson's height.  All I notice is Cindy Crawford is still a friggin fox all these years later.  

@munchmemory what is wrong with these clowns?

Zach’s height is infinitely more important than how hot a ex super model still is. 

Especially with pictures of her glory days a click away.   

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

No one is claiming he played as well as the MVP of the NFL. No one is claiming he was on his level.  

The fact that he and Zach are the only two to not throw INT's the final 5 weeks is an interesting statistic.   Not everything has to be about finding a way to attack the kid.

It truly amazes me how fans can relentlessly attack players on their team and refuse to accept ANYTHING positive.    It's sad really.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Zach’s height is infinitely more important than how hot a ex super model still is. 

Especially with pictures of her glory days a click away.   

Neither topic have any importance.  I just think Cindy Crawford being hot at her age is an infinitely more entertaining topic.  Why does ANYONE give a f**k how tall Zach Wilson is?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

No one is claiming he played as well as the MVP of the NFL. No one is claiming he was on his level.

Correct, they made a near-meaningless comparison between Aaron Rodgers (the league MVP) and Zach Wilson (the worst or 2nd worst QB in the NFL).

Responding with another comparison covering the same time and the same two players seems pretty appropriate to me, to get a more full picture.

Lets be honest here, you just don't like one comparison (because it makes Zach look like poop) but you love the other (because it doesn't make him look like poop).

In reality, Zach is both comparisons and more.  

Most of us accept all the facts about Zach.  

What's truly sad is someone who is so insecure about their optimism, that when confronted with a fact he doesn't like, he sticks his head in the proverbial sand.

The fact that he and Zach are the only two to not throw INT's the final 5 weeks is an interesting statistic.   Not everything has to be about finding a way to attack the kid.

Not everything has to be about finding a way to blow the kid either.  Be assured, your support will not make him a better playing QB in 2022, lol.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Correct, they made a near-meaningless comparison between Aaron Rodgers (the league MVP) and Zach Wilson (the worst or 2nd worst QB in the NFL).

Responding with another comparison covering the same time and the same two players seems pretty appropriate to me, to get a more full picture.

Lets be honest here, you just don't like one comparison (because it makes Zach look like poop) but you love the other (because it doesn't make him look like poop).

In reality, Zach is both comparisons and more.  

Most of us accept all the facts about Zach.  

What's truly sad is someone who is so insecure about their optimism, that when confronted with a fact he doesn't like, he sticks his head in the proverbial sand.

Not everything has to be about finding a way to blow the kid either.  Be assured, your support will not make him a better playing QB in 2022, lol.  

This is wrong.