Super Bowl attracted 112 million viewers

GreenFish

3 hours ago, doitny said:

im shocked MLB beat the NBA. 

The NBA gets a huge push from Disney and ESPN but the numbers have always said it's the third most watched sport in the country no matter what ESPN talking heads say.  It's also a very regional sport which is why it's not discussed ever on their shows... The NBA has the stars and gossip for that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Only sport which actually crowns a "world champion".  I hate it when winners from MLB, NBA, NFL, etc. call themselves "world champs".  Wrong.

There are other sports such as cricket, but agree in principle. I’ve always hated the “world champs” moniker for US domiciled sports. Don’t care for any of the mental gymnastics that folks go through to defend that moniker either.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Forget it.  It's all about the insanely rabid female fans from places like Paraguay that make the non-game stuff fun.  A couple of World Cups ago, Larissa Riquelme said she'd run through thei capital nude if they won.  lol

EXOOD6MY4ZWYEIATJAYPFIRZUY.jpg

Holy cow - she's needs a larger phone, because that one is just going to fall out of that valley. I think I need a sedative now.  :jawdrop:

• Haha 1