Things that I think: Jets 2022 Offseason Edition

On 2/15/2022 at 1:48 PM, football guy said:

Chalk this up as a rumor thread, a discussion thread, or just general discussion. As far as my initial points, they're a combination of my own observations from studying this administration over the past year-plus, conversations with people in the league, my own scouting/pulse on a situation, and media sources. I'll do my best to point out which is which. I also hope others on here will contribute because I've come to learn there are a lot of guys on here that contribute some quality stuff - whether it be information or takes

The priority of this offseason is to continue building around the QB position. This has been a popular topic addressed by the beat-writers, but it's been made very clear within the organization that they need to build around the QB position if they're to be successful. The way the Jets see it, there's no downside if your properly surrounding the QB position with talent. The Jets front office has admired Buffalo from afar (and to some extent Baltimore - where Douglas cut his teeth for over a decade) and when they tackled their 2021 coaching search, they wanted to somewhat replicate their model of having a stern yet player-friendly "CEO" style coach with an excellent, innovative offensive coaching staff and scheme and a uniform philosophy of building the team through the lines of scrimmage. Not only did they feel that model was most sustainable in today's game, but they felt that model was best for getting the most out of a talented young QB. Both Douglas and Saleh share similar experiences being on teams that have won in-spite of the QB play, so in their mind it isn't just about propping up Wilson, it's propping up the entire room. 

The particular focus early in the draft will be on the lines of scrimmage. This one seems obvious, but emphasizing it because there's been a lot of mocks out there ignoring the OL/DL in round 1. Even before Saleh, this was, is, and will continue to be Douglas's MO. He has a lot of conviction as it relates to the LOS, and if it were up to him (it is) he would take an OL in round 1 every year. Saleh is in lockstep with him. This year, you can be sure they're going to address both lines of scrimmage, and could do so with both their first-round picks.

• OFFENSIVE LINE: the team wants to improve the offensive line and continue funneling talent into that group, but make no mistake, Joe Douglas and his staff do not want to see Becton on the bench next year. In recent years, Joe Douglas was salivating at the opportunity to sign one of Brandon Scherff or Joe Thuney, but was never given a realistic chance. He also had interest in Graham Glasgow back in 2020. Clearly, Douglas hasn't been afraid to spend money or draft capital on offensive linemen so on the surface it would seem like the Jets would go in heavy for Scherff, but based on what I've gathered, I don't get the sense this one will come to fruition for a few reasons: (1) the Jets will look into extending both Fant and McGovern as they've played their way into new contracts; and (2) signing a RG of Scherff's caliber comes with caveats - specifically as it relates to flexibility and how Becton fits in the overall construction of the OL. The frustration with Becton is out in the open and moving him to RT is likely going to be the case, but the Jets don't really see it as a demotion as much as Becton's camp does. RT is just as important as LT in this scheme and is especially important in the run game, and if anything, playing him at RT would allow them to great more creative with the scheme and playcalling. Also, it would be easier for them to adjust their scheme to account for a lesser talent at RT if Becton were to miss time than it would be to replace a LT. Having been said, if the Jets find themselves in a position where they add a high-profile FA guard and have a tackle staring them in the face at #4 or #10, Douglas is going to find himself in a very tough spot because he is not prepared to give up on Becton. For this reason, I think the more likely scenario to play out is re-signing Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (or a similar caliber player), drafting an OL in round 1. I believe Evan Neal goes #1, so it would likely be Ikem Ekwonu at #4 or Trevor Penning later, then bring everyone in to compete for the top 5 spots
  • DEFENSIVE LINE: mark this under obvious, but this is going to be another group that the Jets focus on in 2022. Ideally they would like a steady rotation of 8 DL: 4-to-5 DEs and 4-to-5 DTs. They have a solid interior, but I would expect some change in 2022. They ran a ton of wide-9 fronts in 2021, basically lining up the DTs on the outside of the OGs and the DEs wide outside of the OTs. Quinnen Williams missed some time, but he's the keystone of the group. He primarily lined up over the LG, playing most of his snaps as a pure 3-tech on the right side of the line. Nathan Shepherd, a free agent, was essentially his direct backup. My guess is he signs elsewhere. They want to bring back Folorunso Fatukasi, who played served as the teams primarily "run stuffing" DL/NT in the 1/2i-tech. Personally, I'm not confident this gets done. Both the FA and draft interior DL classes aren't deep, which could result in Foley's market gets pumped up. The Jets value him and will submit an offer, but he may need to be willing to take a "hometown discount" for it to get done. By nature of Saleh's philosophy the team will always look to have a heavy DL rotation, coupled with a big contract on the horizon for Quinnen, I don't see them making a big investment on Foley. Sheldon Rankins essentially replaced Foley on passing downs, playing on the left side of the DL or a passing down NT. I don't get the sense he will get cut, nor do I see his role really changing much, so if he does return my guess is he remains as the "6th man" of the interior DL and could see his usage scaled back to make way for JFM at the LDT spot more often. If that were the case, they may need to sign another veteran to take over Foley's early-down work or consider Jonathan Marshall in that spot. There's also the possibility that the Jets could take one of the top interior DL early in the draft... Fans are going to hate this, but I want to provide the disclaimer: do not rule out a high pick on Jordan Davis or Travis Jones. If they went that route, Davis/Jones would be the long-term answer at "left" DT/NT and could likely play all 3 downs, albeit their usage would be scaled back.  John Franklin-Myers will likely stay at LE in base formats, my guess is he will see more snaps in the interior this upcoming season. He was most effective lining up at the 3/4/5-tech spots with rather than a LEO, which lines up at the 7/9-tech. If the Jets were to move on from Rankins, my guess is JFM would see his LEO usage scaled back substantially. Kyle Phillips essentially operated as JFM's backup at the LEO spot only. I would think he'll be back as a RFA but haven't heard anything and it may be tied to how they feel about Jabari Zuniga and Hamilcar Rashed as backups. Either way, I am sure they will look for upgrades. Carl Lawson is going to slide right into the RE spot vacated by Shaq Lawson. The Jets "like" Bryce HuffRonnie Blair, and Tim Ward, all of whom primarily backed up Shaq Lawson at the RE spot, but they're not liked enough to prevent the team from upgrading. Again, I think back to how the construction of the Buffalo Bills have been a team Douglas admires from afar and can't help but wonder if he takes a similar approach that they have by investing several Day 1-2 picks in DEs starting with this draft. I wouldn't rule out a veteran acquisition - specifically Derek Barnett - who is close with members of the Jets coaching staff and front office dating back to their days together in PHI. Barnett did not adjust well to Gannon's defense, which limited the "wide 9" usage that he grew accustomed to during his time in PHI. The Jets were interested in Barnett before landing Carl Lawson, so you wonder if they would consider bringing him in if the price was right... if so, he would likely occupy that Bryce Huff/Ronnie Blair role as a backup. More likely, the Jets will look to add via the draft. Everything I've read and heard suggests the NFL is lower on Kayvon Thibodeaux than the media and fans; it's to the point where others who I trust that say he may not crack the Jets top 4 DE prospects. I think it's more likely the team takes a DE with their #10 pick (or later). 3 names to keep an eye on in round 1 are Jermaine Johnson, Travon Walker, and George Karlaftis. It wouldn't at all shock me if they double-dipped and selected someone like Arnold Ebiketie, Kingsley Enagbare, or Boye Mafe in the second frame. 

The team will invest heavily in the TE position. Everyone associated with the Jets knows that their TEs weren't good enough last year. They tried to sign Jonnu Smith in free agency, but saw him join the rival Patriots. They were high on Tommy Tremble in the 2021 draft, but after trading out of the 3rd round there really wasn't a chance to get him. One thing I'm sure of: this position will be the priority in free agency, and I have heard they are going to prioritize is David Njoku. The Browns want him back, but the question is how badly? Will they franchise tag him or make him among the higher paid players at the position when they have really good players in Austin Hooper and Harrison Bryant on the roster? Time will tell, but if he makes it to the market, I would handicap the Jets as the favorite. If he's not available, it's hard to say who they would pivot to at the moment... best guesses are OJ Howard, Tyler Conklin, or Hayden Hurst. I don't get the sense the draft is filled with guys who the Jets would take in round 2 unless they moved down. More likely, that's a position they would target in rounds 3-5. There are a ton of TEs in this years class who don't get enough love, so don't be surprised if it were someone not-named Ruckert or McBride when all is said and done. 

How the Jets address the WR position is a hotly debated topic at 1 Jets Drive. It's been discussed with virtually everyone in the organization from ownership down to Zach Wilson himself. The certainly know that continuing to add to the WR room is a priority, but how they go about it is an entirely different story. They want Braxton Berrios back, and no, he’s not asking for $9 million a year. I think that deal gets done. They believe wholeheartedly that Elijah Moore will be an upper-echelon receiver. They think Corey Davis will show better in 2022. Still, the preference is to add a veteran, but they don't want to sign a guy just to sign a guy. Last year they were prepared to go hard after Chris Godwin had he made it to the open market; all I’ve heard with him is that he’s likely to return to TB (besides, not sure how the Jets would feel about him coming off the ACL). They have enough receivers in the room for depth purposes and will look to add someone in the draft, so carrying 6+ vets again is unlikely. Despite their feeling that Moore is a "#1" guy, they want to explore a trade for a "WR1-caliber" player, with Calvin Ridley among the most sought after names. Jeremy Fowler recently suggested Chase Claypool and rumors have connected Amari Cooper, but Ridley is the only one I’ve actually heard that will be a target. If they can't land one, they may hold off and look to acquire one in the draft, more likely on Day 2 than 1. I’ve read all the rumors connecting the Jets to the top WRs in the draft; I’ve heard some Drake London and Garrett Wilson chatter. Still, I’m not sure they would view either as an option to select at #10. More likely, I wouldn’t be surprised if they targeted someone in rounds 2-3 instead. Christian Watson has a lot of fans…

Great post but I do not love the details so much and it doesn't really feel right to me. Trading for a Vet WR and staying essentially status quo and focusing on a semi JAG like Njoku just seems so far short of surrounding Zach with weapons. I would be really disappointed if that is the route they go.

Just now, Beerfish said:

So was friggin jamal adams, jamal adams was not a box safety when we drafted him he was an awesome sauce do it all safety.

If the jets drafted hamilton he would have to be a pro bowler for 10 yeas straight including his rookie year to justify the pick.

If the jets draft a safety at #4 douglas should be immediately fired.

Not true. Jamal Adams, Kam Chancellor, and Kyle Hamilton are different types of players that share some strengths, but have different playing styles. 

People did not know for sure what Jamal Adams would be in coverage when he declared for the draft. They projected he would develop into an elite coverage option the way Tyrann Mathieu did given how dedicated to the game he seemed; everyone thought they were getting a team leader, physical Brian Dawkins-type who at the very least would be an elite "robber" safety at the LOS. He never developed into an elite coverage corner or playmaker, but he was very good with us. He's been trash in Seattle, but it's my opinion that he let his ego get the best of him and it shows on the field because he's so much worse now than he was with the Jets. No one, and I mean no one, saw that coming 4+ years ago. 

So while Adams probably went higher due to his projection into a role made popular by Seattle due to Kam Chancellor's success playing it, I still think there were many differences between the two. Chancellor had the reputation for being a big hitter, but he was much better in coverage than given credit for. Not only was he an elite run defender and hitter, but also very reliable in coverage and made a lot of plays on the ball (averaged 2 INT/16 starts; 7.4 PD/16 starts).

What separates Kyle Hamilton as a prospect is that he has elite range and speed; his playmaking ability in coverage is much less of a projection than Adams' or Chancellor's was coming out of college. I still personally wouldn't take a S at #4, but if Adams was worth the 5th pick back in 2017, then I'd argue Hamilton is worth #1 now. He's that much more superior of a prospect than Adams was IMO, and Adams was a great prospect. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Great post but I do not love the details so much and it doesn't really feel right to me. Trading for a Vet WR and staying essentially status quo and focusing on a semi JAG like Njoku just seems so far short of surrounding Zach with weapons. I would be really disappointed if that is the route they go.

They're extremely bullish on Njoku from what I understand. Greg Olsen-like career post-Bears. I don't know for sure if they end up signing him, but the people I speak to only mention his name even when I ask questions about Dalton Schultz

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, football guy said:

They're extremely bullish on Njoku from what I understand. Greg Olsen-like career post-Bears. I don't know for sure if they end up signing him, but the people I speak to only mention his name even when I ask questions about Dalton Schultz

If this organization is enamored with David Njoku, then this organization needs different decision makers. A career underachiever on the Cleveland Browns is not a player to be enamored with. If you want to sign him on a one year deal on the cheap fine, but he's not remotely the answer at the position.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I think we need a @football guy thread pinned that only he can post rumors and things he hears! Good stuff.

As long as it's pinned so we can encourage the Jets to do the opposite of what he's reporting, then yes. No offense to football guy either, but most of what he's shelling out here is a glimpse into why the Jets are so bad.

Also not a surprise he's not here when the Jets are playing actual games...he's here to sell/pitch Jets fans on the offseason plans (the im an insider thing will always get people excited). 

30 minutes ago, football guy said:

Not true. Jamal Adams, Kam Chancellor, and Kyle Hamilton are different types of players that share some strengths, but have different playing styles. 

People did not know for sure what Jamal Adams would be in coverage when he declared for the draft. They projected he would develop into an elite coverage option the way Tyrann Mathieu did given how dedicated to the game he seemed; everyone thought they were getting a team leader, physical Brian Dawkins-type who at the very least would be an elite "robber" safety at the LOS. He never developed into an elite coverage corner or playmaker, but he was very good with us. He's been trash in Seattle, but it's my opinion that he let his ego get the best of him and it shows on the field because he's so much worse now than he was with the Jets. No one, and I mean no one, saw that coming 4+ years ago. 

So while Adams probably went higher due to his projection into a role made popular by Seattle due to Kam Chancellor's success playing it, I still think there were many differences between the two. Chancellor had the reputation for being a big hitter, but he was much better in coverage than given credit for. Not only was he an elite run defender and hitter, but also very reliable in coverage and made a lot of plays on the ball (averaged 2 INT/16 starts; 7.4 PD/16 starts).

What separates Kyle Hamilton as a prospect is that he has elite range and speed; his playmaking ability in coverage is much less of a projection than Adams' or Chancellor's was coming out of college. I still personally wouldn't take a S at #4, but if Adams was worth the 5th pick back in 2017, then I'd argue Hamilton is worth #1 now. He's that much more superior of a prospect than Adams was IMO, and Adams was a great prospect. 

No, there is a lot of changing of history, jamal adams was not a box safety when he was picked 6th overall, he was some do it all best player in the draft guy,  Pciked at 6th overall. 

Hamilton will be Derwin James, a guy you hope gets to that level and hope does not get hurt.  (As james is most years).

Safety is behind QB, oline (all 5 spots), WR, probably RB, TE CB and pass rusher.  Safety is about = to ILB.

Taking a safety at 4 after trading away a guy at 6 a year earlier would be an epic fail.

Look at safeties on the FA market, more high S make it there than most positions.

Do we need a safety?  Yup at 4 or even 10?  Guy better be all pro from day one.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

If this organization is enamored with David Njoku, then this organization needs different decision makers. A career underachiever on the Cleveland Browns is not a player to be enamored with. If you want to sign him on a one year deal on the cheap fine, but he's not remotely the answer at the position.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but playing devil's advocate, TEs notoriously take longest to develop among the skill positions. Factor that in with him being extremely raw coming out of college, 3 different schemes in 4 years, inconsistent QB play, some immaturity/clashing with former coaching staff, an injury, and a lack of organizational patience, that's how you start your career as an "underachiever." 

Kevin Stefanski has noted that Njoku is the Browns best TE both as a receiver and a blocker, and he's in a room competing with Austin Hooper and Harrison Bryant. He became a real pro over the last 2 seasons and he played like a stud in 2021, even if the stats didn't say so. If the Browns didn't have so many mouths to feed and gave him a league-average target share for a TE, he would've been among the top TEs statistically this past season. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, football guy said:

Not doubting you just really don't like the details. So many teams think they can convert the underachiever they had a high grade on out of college and it so so rarely works. Exhibit: Darnold. Now there is no denying that he's an upgrade over what we have but I think we can get 2 really good ones in the draft outside of the 1st round.

20 minutes ago, football guy said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but playing devil's advocate, TEs notoriously take longest to develop among the skill positions. Factor that in with him being extremely raw coming out of college, 3 different schemes in 4 years, inconsistent QB play, some immaturity/clashing with former coaching staff, an injury, and a lack of organizational patience, that's how you start your career as an "underachiever." 

Kevin Stefanski has noted that Njoku is the Browns best TE both as a receiver and a blocker, and he's in a room competing with Austin Hooper and Harrison Bryant. He became a real pro over the last 2 seasons and he played like a stud in 2021, even if the stats didn't say so. If the Browns didn't have so many mouths to feed and gave him a league-average target share for a TE, he would've been among the top TEs statistically this past season. 

Would rather Uzomah. Not enamored with any of these guys...but Njoku I dont see as an upside player on a new contract.

34 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

As long as it's pinned so we can encourage the Jets to do the opposite of what he's reporting, then yes. No offense to football guy either, but most of what he's shelling out here is a glimpse into why the Jets are so bad.

Also not a surprise he's not here when the Jets are playing actual games...he's here to sell/pitch Jets fans on the offseason plans (the im an insider thing will always get people excited). 

... I took off from work this week and leaving for vacation tomorrow; I can assure you I will not be nearly as active this offseason as I was last lol

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Sell/pitch? Lol. Think the Jets are sending him here?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Sell/pitch? Lol. Think the Jets are sending him here?

I mean he's clearly speaking on behalf of someone within the organization and/or knows the Jets decision makers. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on that one. His posts come off as a pitch. Jets fans love the offseason more than the actual season so it's not a hard sell when it comes with the "i know someone" flair.

32 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean he's clearly speaking on behalf of someone within the organization and/or knows the Jets decision makers. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on that one. His posts come off as a pitch. Jets fans love the offseason more than the actual season so it's not a hard sell when it comes with the "i know someone" flair.

I’m just here to tell you the Jets are not sending people to fan message boards to relay information. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, football guy said:

Not entirely true. Combination of several people with several different agendas, but I can wholeheartedly say no one is telling me info to post on here or else they wouldn't tell me anything lol. It's typically passive conversations but they do not know my "Notes" app is filled with what they say. Maybe some of them come off as having spin, but I think it's because I ask why rather than project my own opinion on who/what/when/where. So when someone tells me Njoku is the guy they really like, I ask why. 

What I can say is this: one of my primary contacts who I've known my whole life is a member of Zach's professional "camp" now. This same person is who connected me with some of the team sources to begin with. The good: this person has connections with the team, is directly aligned with the franchise QB, and has reason to see him succeed. The skeptical: am I getting the real real or am I getting what his camp wants? That much remains to be seen

Seemed to me that your OP was spot on and definitely summarized a both a conceiveable strategy for the Jets and how they are looking at things.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

My only thing is, if you sign Fant to an extension, and plan on keeping Becton, how do you draft an O Tackle at #4?

Normally, I'm all for playing a rookie tackle a guard for a season (Ravens with Ogden) while he learns the NFL, but if Fant is signed for 3 more years, and you are hoping Becton is the right tackle for 3 more years, the guy you drafted at #4 is playing right guard for 3 years.

I get depth, but you don't draft that kind of depth top 10 in the draft.

They're in kind of a no man's land for O Line at the tackle position, is Becton for real, or is he going to bust.

14 hours ago, Matt39 said:

No--he came in with the same nonsense last year about having a pipeline to the inside and then disappeared when it all turned out to be false. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I agree but honestly, not a very exciting lot of FA WRs or TEs, which is just the Jets’ luck. What would you do?

Like Ive said in other posts, we don’t have enough time to waste relying on brand new rookies to produce week 1 all over the place again this year. Gotta have SOME vets so the rookies have time to develop. Hopefully theyd take on bigger roles as the season progresses. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/17/2022 at 11:49 AM, Drums said:

I agree but honestly, not a very exciting lot of FA WRs or TEs, which is just the Jets’ luck. What would you do?

Like Ive said in other posts, we don’t have enough time to waste relying on brand new rookies to produce week 1 all over the place again this year. Gotta have SOME vets so the rookies have time to develop. Hopefully theyd take on bigger roles as the season progresses. 

I feel like a lot of posters are frustrated by the possible Jets plan @football guy laid out here but don't take a step back and realize how thin this FA class is. Theres zero chance of Adams coming here abd guys like Jeudy and Godwin will need to be traded for. The TEs are pretty underwhelming. Maybe we can get Schultz but he's honestly not that much better than Njoku (who has a way higher ceiling). 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

I feel like a lot of posters are frustrated by the possible Jets plan @football guy laid out here but don't take a step back and realize how thin this FA class is. Theres zero chance of Adams coming here abd guys like Jeudy and Godwin will need to be traded for. The TEs are pretty underwhelming. Maybe we can get Schultz but he's honestly not that much better than Njoku (who has a way higher ceiling). 

Yeah I agree completely. Schultz is going to get a way bigger contract and I don’t feel he’s that much better. I wouldn’t mind trading for a guy like Jeudy if possible and spending money elsewhere. Same goes for TE. This will be a big test for the front office. 

On 2/16/2022 at 7:57 PM, Matt39 said:

Depends if they’re also looking in round 2 of the draft, and just want a veteran who’s more of a threat than our recent wastes of space.

Also that he may just be an easier get, either due to less demand or if they just think Schultz will likely sign an extension - or get tagged at $10.8MM - before FA starts.

• Upvote 1

On 2/16/2022 at 7:59 PM, Matt39 said:

Time to upgrade your tinfoil hat, the one your wearing is killing your brain cells!

• 2 weeks later...

Should be a lot of info to sink our teeth into this week. One that either has been or will be a topic of discussion is Calvin Ridley. 

There will be a lot of teams that want a shot at him, but he does have some level of control where he plays which makes things complicated, and returning home (Miami) is something many think he’d welcome. 

DeVante Parker + 2nd for Calvin Ridley is not out of the question

More on WRs: 

There’s some speculation that the Jets will revisit their interest in JuJu Smith-Schuster from last offseason. 

New York had been in talks with JuJu, but nothing came of it. Apparently the coaching staff and Joe Douglas were a fan of his game, thinking of him as a hybrid “Y/Z” receiver for their offense, but the rest of management was split on money and JuJu was reluctant to sign a contract longer than a year because he sought to play on a “prove-it” deal. Had they been able to sign JuJu to a multi-year deal, they likely would’ve moved on from Crowder. 

JuJu’s coming off a season which he missed 12 games due to injury, and being that he’s only 25, he can afford to play on a “prove-it” deal again. 

One agent — and I stress it’s only one — “thinks” he winds up in New York. 

Personally, I’d rather address the position in other ways

Would the Jets would consider a Zach Wilson for Russell Wilson trade straight-up should Russell want to come to New York, where he won Super Bowl XLVIII at MetLife Stadium 8 years ago? The Jets would have Russell Wilson and all their draft picks/cap space, which would make them a destination franchise for free agents. They would have a 4 year window to win a championship. Do you say yes or no to swapping Wilson's straight-up?

2 hours ago, football guy said:

Should be a lot of info to sink our teeth into this week. One that either has been or will be a topic of discussion is Calvin Ridley. 

There will be a lot of teams that want a shot at him, but he does have some level of control where he plays which makes things complicated, and returning home (Miami) is something many think he’d welcome. 

DeVante Parker + 2nd for Calvin Ridley is not out of the question

So playing with Tua is now a selling point?

3 hours ago, football guy said:

More on WRs: 

There’s some speculation that the Jets will revisit their interest in JuJu Smith-Schuster from last offseason. 

New York had been in talks with JuJu, but nothing came of it. Apparently the coaching staff and Joe Douglas were a fan of his game, thinking of him as a hybrid “Y/Z” receiver for their offense, but the rest of management was split on money and JuJu was reluctant to sign a contract longer than a year because he sought to play on a “prove-it” deal. Had they been able to sign JuJu to a multi-year deal, they likely would’ve moved on from Crowder. 

JuJu’s coming off a season which he missed 12 games due to injury, and being that he’s only 25, he can afford to play on a “prove-it” deal again. 

One agent — and I stress it’s only one — “thinks” he winds up in New York. 

Personally, I’d rather address the position in other ways

Any news on Drake London? I personally don't see him going on the first round, but, you never know would be a steal early in the second like elijah moore

58 minutes ago, section314 said:

So playing with Tua is now a selling point?

I wouldn't necessarily say that. Player's don't only go to teams based on the QB. 

There's a few things to unpack. (1) Ridley would like to play there because he's from Fort Lauderdale; (2) no state income tax; (3) desirable weather; (4) some familiarity with college teammates; (4) Dolphins likely to move DeVante Parker so it makes sense for the Falcons to get a legit starter in return + draft-pick compensation 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Any news on Drake London? I personally don't see him going on the first round, but, you never know would be a steal early in the second like elijah moore

Nothing recently. I haven't heard much about specific prospects, more so big-picture plans and some free agency tidbits 

• Upvote 1