What’s your ranking of Jets rivals in order of most despised?

HawkeyeJet

Back story first.  Little Hawkeye plays countless imaginary NFL games in the living room.  When he really is begging for attention he will play against one of the Jets rivals.  

Tonight he said something to the affect that he knew I hated the Giants and I said actually I don’t care about the Giants much, but I’m sure Jets fans that live in New York don’t like them.  Then I started thinking what people around here would rank as their own most hated rivals.

My list is Patriots, Dolphins and Bills in that order.  Giants don’t register as a rival for me.

I also thought the Pats would be unanimous #1 but then I figured some fans 50 and older might say Dolphins.  

What say you?

• Upvote 3

It changes over the years, over the decades, over the pain, over divisions. 

We used to hate the Colts when they were in our division. We pitied the Pats and the Bills and Phins when they sucked. 

We haven’t been rivals with the Raiders in over 40 years. That’s a long time to carry hate and it’s not healthy. 

Rivalries change over time. 

Giants hate is timeless and healthy. Pats hate for the Brady era was timeless but it’s over replaced by the Bucs for 2 years now none of us care.

Miami is aqua and teal colored frauds who suck dolphin cawk.

The Bills were awful for a long time, had that 4 year run which was painful but then sucked Buffalo balls for decades.  

You should only rank in the here and now. 

I’ll figure out my rivalry next year.  

• Sympathy 1

Dolphins, Dolphins and Dolphins.  I moved to FL in Sep/70.  I already had cousins living down here...a$$hole bandwagon fans because up north they didn't give two sh*ts about any sports.  Anyway, it happened to be Shula's first year as the fins HC and of course they beat the Jets twice in '70.  As soon as the game was over, these idiot cousins of mine would call and I had to hear, "Your Jets suck and Namath is a dog" and on and on.  Months went on before I would speak to these so called relatives.  Then I get hired by National Airlines and I'm the only Jets fan...and then in '80, merged with Pan American Airlines and more of the same crapola...so yeah, I hate the fish with a passion.  Those cousins are now dead and there are more Jet fans down here than in '70, but the local sports media hammer the Jets as they always have...that hasn't changed.  So, F them!

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

New England is at the top of the heap. Miami has been even more of a non-factor than we’ve been since Marino retired. How the hell are you still putting them above the team who shoved our noses in sh*t for the last 20 years with 6 Superbowl wins along the way with the HC who dicked us over a barrel within a 24 hour period

If you were told that one of the Pats or Dolphins were going to have the 20 year run that the Pats just had but you could choose the team, which would you choose?  You'd really want the Dolphins to rub our noses in it more than the Pats?

• Upvote 1

Patriots by a mile, then Miami for no real reason outside of them being in division and my brother being an idiot fan. Miami has been non-competitive for the vast majority of my life. 

Buffalo gets thrown in last but I don’t really hate them, they’re likable to me but that’ll change if they’re good for an extended period of time. I like to see the Giants lose but I don’t care about them that much - I don’t know a lot of Giant fans

• Upvote 1

I hate every other team. There are players I like,  but I hate every other team. I find that I hate franchises based on their fanbases and my personal interaction with them.

1. Patriots. Their "fans" are the worst. Football morons that jumped on a bandwagon, and think being a fan of a team makes them smart or something.  It's weird. The team itself needs no explanation here. 

2. Dolphins/Bills 2 sides of the same coin. One fanbase is aggressively retarded, and the other is a bunch of soft pussies that bail on their team in a second. Both franchises suck almost as much as us and have been just as dumb over the years, but the media ignores them and their dysfunction over the years.

3. Cleveland. **** Cleveland. sh*thole town with white trash fans.

4. Raiders. What kind of douchebags spend 4 hours putting on makeup to watch their team get beat in a 3 hour game. Overrated franchise, and the 1960s and 70s Raiders were the biggest pack of scumbags and trash the league would see for decades.

5-32. Every other team. **** em. I hate them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I’ll never understand anyone that doesn’t have the patriots at number 1.

- The Giants are out of conference and we play an almost meaningless game against them once every 4 years.

- The dolphins nor the bills haven’t been good in the entire time that I’ve cared about the Jets (‘96). Additionally, neither have prevented the Jets from any type of success.

- the Raiders: lol. I guess if you’re old enough to have watched SB3, then sure. Even then, that “rivalry” has been irrelevant for most of the last 30 years.

For me, it’s the Pats, then the Steelers, then the Ravens. 

(1) Pats are obvious, cheating scumbags with the sh*ttiest, loudest, most ignorant and most fake “fans” ever. They all bandwagoned on in ‘04 and jumped off at the first sign of a losing season in ‘20.  **** brady, Belichick, and massholes everywhere. And if you wanna be down with any of them, **** you too. For 20 of the last 22 years, they’ve owned our division, conference, and the league.

(2) Steelers directly ended the two most promising Jets seasons of my life - ‘05 and ‘10. I still haven’t forgiven PennyBoy or Sanchez for those losses, but Pitt still takes #2 for me.

(3) The Ravens: I believe we’re like 1-8 all time against them - and a few of them being critical games. In 2000 I believe we missed out on the playoffs because we lost to them week 17. The lamant Jordan game. The season (and MetLife) opener in 2010. The game where they destroyed Sanchez’s confidence in 2011 or 2012 forever? They didn’t get called for any penalties in the game, but then after the game they got fined on 2 or 3 of the plays. And then another playoff impacting loss in the Ed Reed-Jets year.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

- The Giants are out of conference and we play an almost meaningless game against them once every 4 years.

- The dolphins nor the bills haven’t been good in the entire time that I’ve cared about the Jets (‘96). Additionally, neither have prevented the Jets from any type of success.

- the Raiders: lol. I guess if you’re old enough to have watched SB3, then sure. Even then, that “rivalry” has been irrelevant for most of the last 30 years.

(1) Pats are obvious, cheating scumbags with the sh*ttiest, loudest, most ignorant and most fake “fans” ever. They all bandwagoned on in ‘04 and jumped off at the first sign of a losing season in ‘20.  **** brady, Belichick, and massholes everywhere. And if you wanna be down with any of them, **** you too. For 20 of the last 22 years, they’ve owned our division, conference, and the league.

(2) Steelers directly ended the two most promising Jets seasons of my life - ‘05 and ‘10. I still haven’t forgiven PennyBoy or Sanchez for those losses, but Pitt still takes #2 for me.

(3) The Ravens: I believe we’re like 1-8 all time against them - and a few of them being critical games. In 2000 I believe we missed out on the playoffs because we lost to them week 17. The lamant Jordan game. The season (and MetLife) opener in 2010. The game where they destroyed Sanchez’s confidence in 2011 or 2012 forever? They didn’t get called for any penalties in the game, but then after the game they got fined on 2 or 3 of the plays. And then another playoff impacting loss in the Ed Reed-Jets year.

Your reasons for hating the Steelers is why a lot of us hate the Dolphins and Raiders.

We're just older than you and were scarred earlier. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

You need to read up on Jets history. Just because you are not old enough to remember doesn't mean things didn't happen.

The Raiders were the Jets chief rivals in the 60s.  Not only were they involved in 2 epic games in 1968, but the Raiders were a ridiculously dirty team that targeted Namath (still the Jets greatest player) with intent to injure him.  And did you forget how the Raiders beat the Jets in the playoffs in consecutive seasons in 2001 and 2002 ?????

The Dolphins were cheating scumbags in the 70s and 80s and 90s before the Pats.  They dominated the AFC East for almost 20 years (1971 - 89).  And they were the main roadblock to the Jets success in the early 70s in the seasons Namath was healthy and then again in the early and mid 1980s into the early 90s. Ever hear of the Mud Bowl?  A late TD in a game in 85 cost the Jets the division title.  An embarrassing Monday night thumping started the famous losing skid in 86.  Fake spike in 94.  The Jets had their share of success vs Miami as well - beating them in 81 in the Todd is God comeback at Shea.  The O'Brien-Marino duel in 86 with the late TD to Walker to tie and again to Walker in OT.  Even when the Jets were bad, they managed to beat Miami.   And that continued in to the 90s with the Jets beating Miami in the last game in 91 to make the playoffs.  And then the Monday Night Miracle.....

The Bills were an up and coming team in the late 80s and then dominated the rivalry in the early 90s.  No love lost there over the years either.  The heartbreaking playoff loss in 81.  The embarrassing "pumpkin game" in the early 90s with the fans lighting the painters hats on fire in the stands as the Bill blew the Jets out on MNF. 

The Pats were lovable losers until 2001 and the nightmare that came with Belichick and Brady.  That history you know. It was bitter starting in 97 when Parcells left the Pats (only to be replaced by former Jets coach Pete Carroll) and then stole Curtis Martin from them.

It is impossible to live in the NYC area and not hate the "other" NYC team.  I have nothing but dislike for everything to do with the Giants.  Add them to the list.

So if I were to make a list today, it would be:

Pats (recency bias)

Dolphins (long bitter history)

Bills 

RAiders

Giants

Add in the Steelers (the losses in 2004 and 2010 still sting and the endless adoration they get from the NFL media is nauseating.

Then it changes based on the season and the situation.  I hated the Cowboys with a passion in the 70s and 80s.  I don't like the Bucs the past 2 years because of Brady.  Didn't like Cleveland because of the Mayfield game on Thursday night in 2018.  And on and on it goes.  

• Upvote 4

1 Patriots*. Most famous player is a cheating scumbag and an insufferable a-hole. Coach is a cheating scumbag and a treacherous a-hole. Owner is a cheating scumbag and sleazy a-hole. Fans are bandwaggoning scumbags and just a-holes.

2 Dolphins. Shula, Marino, the mud bowl, the fake spike, Jason Taylor...yeah, I just hate these guys with a passion. 

3 Bills. Far less insufferable than the previous two. I will hate them more when they become a long-time force, just like I hated them when Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas dominated us back in the Levy era (although I could never bring myself to hate Marv Levy).

4 Colts. A hangover from the AFC East days.

5 Raiders. A hangover from the Al Davis days.

6= The rest of the NFL.

• Upvote 2