Cowboys paid $2.4M secret settlement to four cheerleaders who were spied on in 2015

jetstream23

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm not sure that a confidential settlement (aka Hush money) is a big admission of a problem, but I guess it's a start.

You can have confidential agreements that are above board. I am sure the women were lawyered up and extracted what they could for it not to be taken to a civil proceeding. Nothing wrong with that.

23 hours ago, varjet said:

There is a reason why teams like the Giants and Steelers don’t have cheer squads.  

Its great fun, but they breed a lot of issues.  You can’t fight lust/human nature/the expected perverts.

So put the women in burka’s. 

It’s the responsibility of the pervert to seek help or restrain himself. 

I have no respect, none, for guys with this attitude. 

• Upvote 1

1. There is no reason for a modern NFL Team in 2022 to have either a Band or Cheerleaders.

2. The NFL will ultimately be found to have rampant, sexual discrimination, harassment and more, not just at the Snyder-led Redskins, or the Jones-led Cowboys, but at numerous teams throughout the past, right up till now.

If I am Commissioner, I would seek elimination of cheerleaders in the NFL. 

And then burn a few Owners out of the league for what they've done/allowed to happen.  Starting with Snyder.

• Upvote 1

Super creepy, highly illegal, guy should be facing some jail time and lose his job.  They definitely deserve compensation and fully paid for counseling if they need it.

But 400 grand?  Get out of town.

Elon Musk could install a secret camera in my toilet for a decade and post it all on a free site and id be lucky to be able to purchase a Honda Civic after the settlement.

12 hours ago, rtnelson said:

Super creepy, highly illegal, guy should be facing some jail time and lose his job.  They definitely deserve compensation and fully paid for counseling if they need it.

Elon Musk could install a secret camera in my toilet for a decade and post it all on a free site and id be lucky to be able to purchase a Honda Civic after the settlement.

Elon Musk has live streamed me taking a dump and I just bought a new Maserati. 

Ironically, a brown one. 

12 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

If the settlement was $2.4M, why did they only get just under $400k each?

They should sue their accountant next.

Lawyers fee most likely.  They most likely answered a few questions about what happened, and years later got a check.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, mrcoops said:

If the settlement was $2.4M, why did they only get just under $400k each?

They should sue their accountant next.

12 hours ago, rtnelson said:

Lawyers fee most likely.  They most likely answered a few questions about what happened, and years later got a check.

Agree on the answer.  I've heard of deals done by a municipal body where the homeowners without lawyers got X number of dollars, the homeowners with lawyers got 1.5X.  1/3 lawyer's  fee baked in the deal automatically.

On 2/19/2022 at 1:33 AM, rtnelson said:

Disagree, I'm wondering why the Cowboys got off so cheap.  They make such a big, big deal out of what a first class organization they are, artwork on the walls of the stadium, etc.  Girls should have gotten more.

On 2/16/2022 at 3:33 PM, Peace Frog said:

Heard on the radio that the guy was taking pics up Jerry’s daughter’s skirt?

How does Jerry let that guy stay? 

On 2/16/2022 at 3:37 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

The dude conducted the Covid Draft from a Lex Luthor style yacht whilst surrounded by women 1/4th his age. Is this a serious question? 

The boss can play around with other young women of legal age all he wants, he's the boss.  

Letting his employee take photographic `liberties with his daughter is something else entirely.