F-them picks

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I don't think the Rams get enough credit for what they have been able to do in the draft despite not having a first rounder in like forever.  Kupp, Akers, Jefferson, 3 starting OL (Havenstein, Allen and Edwards, top 2 TEs (Higbee and Hopkins), Rapp, Nick Scott.  A lot of talent on days 2 and 3.

Good point. The draft is the lifeblood of every NFL team. Not saying you can't dangle a high pick now and then to hopefully put you over the top, but you get to that point through good drafting. I should stress, GOOD drafting.?

You need to build a base via drafting first before you go all in trying to win a Super Bowl.  Using the Bills or Rams as examples for what the Jets should do right now is foolish we have 75 holes.... when the Bills and Rams started trading for superstars they were already a 9-10 win team with superstars already on the roster drafted by the team.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You will still find guys on this very site claiming the Rams are doing it wrong - after they won the superbowl. No BS.

i think the way kupp did so well this past season shows that they were right to get rid of goff.  but at the same time i don't see where either team were powerhouses.  even the announcers were making fun of the rams trying to run the ball.  they probably had the worst yards per rushing attempt of any team thus far in the superbowl.

IMO...the GM and HC-CS need to be on the same page for a big QB trade to work.  They having a similar pulse of what the team needs to get over the hump, and land in the Supe.  And the owner would also have to be on board.  To approve of a star QB acquisition...if it's going to involve spending heavy draft capital.  

If other teams become envious of the Buccaneers and the Rams success.  And try to copycat this.  Like its some kind of formula most teams could apply to end up hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.  Could end up crashing and burning instead.

That also goes for these star QBs like Rodgers and Wilson too.  Land with the wrong team and fail to even reach a CCG...that will be part of your legacy.  

This isn't a formula for a team like the Jets for sure.  Stay the course.  Stick with the plan.  And continue primarily building this team through the draft.  Supplementing it with some key FA-Trade transactions.          

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Well the Jets have had 50 years of sucking and no super bowl win either 

Yea it's because they haven't figured out how to mix drafting and FA in a successful way yet. I feel like the Rams were successful because they mixed them well, but did it in such a way that now their future isn't so bright.

59 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

George Allen tried this for eons….finally it worked. He can now Rest In Peace.

As did the Jets. Ronnie Lott. Erik Howard ,Leonard Marshall, Art Monk and it got them nowhere.There needs to be a good foundation through drafting then unleash the money through free agency to get you over the top 

• Upvote 2