McShay and Jeremiah both have Jets taking a corner at pick 10

Rhg1084

These are the guys I pay most attention to with the mocks considering their relationship with JD. It is interesting that they both have us going corner pick 10. I know all the experts on this board say the Jets don’t value corner play to be taken with a high pick however. Should be interesting!

EBAFAC7F-F791-44D0-9B81-1F38F8AE8978.png

4B5A7D1F-324F-4952-92D3-54CA0364944F.png

• Thumb Down 1

JD has to take players who he thinks are going to be good.

If the player who he thinks is the best is a player the Jets don't need or does not fit, he needs to trade down.  Hopefully someone will agree with that.  

If does not help to draft an EDGE at 4 who busts, but pass on future all pro OL.  That is the Vernon Gholston story.  We were better off with Jarrod Mayo.  

We have seen enough drafts.  In this draft, the OL and CBs will go higher than we think.   If Thib falls it will not be my much.  Denver is not taking a QB with small hands-the weather there is too bad.  Denver will take Malik Willis, if they don't trade for Rodgers. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, varjet said:

JD has to take players who he thinks are going to be good.

If the player who he thinks is the best is a player the Jets don't need or does not fit, he needs to trade down.  Hopefully someone will agree with that.  

If does not help to draft an EDGE at 4 who busts, but pass on future all pro OL.  That is the Vernon Gholston story.  We were better off with Jarrod Mayo.  

We have seen enough drafts.  In this draft, the OL and CBs will go higher than we think.   If Thib falls it will not be my much.  Denver is not taking a QB with small hands-the weather there is too bad.  Denver will take Malik Willis, if they don't trade for Rodgers. 

In reality Douglas needs to take players early and often who will help the offense look better. A corner isn’t saving his job if the offense can’t move the ball. The only way defense makes sense in round 1 is if there’s a pass rusher at 4. Corner is an unacceptable pick in round 1. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

The jets didn’t play just zone last year. They were like 35% man coverage 

Shush. You're inviting 500 more pages of how the Jets don't need a single corner drafted ahead of round 5, nor a veteran worthy of more than the vet minimum salary, because zone.

Even when the receiver is in someone's zone there are no coverage skills needed to warrant CBs who can actually cover better once the target's identified, also because zone.

Zone CBs just stand there or move slightly within their zones, don't move to more tightly cover any target in said zone, because zone. Draft a 3rd LT and keep JFM at edge.

That'll improve the offense so much it won't matter if the D is surrendering 30ppg again. 

Also zone.

zone

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, undertow said:

You think Joe Douglas is telling guys he worked with a decade ago who are now in the media who he's drafting in February?

I doubt he is telling anyone anything. But people close to him may understand how he thinks better than all the "experts" on this board...

I have seen many mock drafts now where Houston takes Kyle Hamilton leaving us with Thibodeaux.  It would be interesting to see if anyone would bite to move up to take him.

I REALLY hope it doesn't work that way.  I am not sure I want anything to do with that kid.  JD cannot afford to bust on the #4 pick.  He just can't.