Bucky Brooks' Top-5 at each position

nycdan

9 hours ago, nycdan said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/bucky-brooks-top-five-2022-nfl-draft-prospects-by-position-1-0

Drake London has completed his ascent.  Now ranked WR1 and looking likely to go in the top-10.  

given similarities between him and Kupp (IMO), I'm not surprised. Fans seem to want to call him an Evans comp, but Cooper is closer imo. Plays like Jimmy Graham (back when he was essentially a full time big slot in NOS)

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Paradis said:

given similarities between him and Kupp (IMO), I'm not surprised. Fans seem to want to call him an Evans comp, but Cooper is closer imo. Plays like Jimmy Graham (back when he was essentially a full time big slot in NOS)

Kupp, Evans or Graham.  Do I have to choose?

Take a Look Back at Every Charlie's Angels Star Through the Years

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Paradis said:

How do you get to Kupp and Graham being alike as this somewhat implies?

Not to pick on you but I still find the Kupp comparison remarkably challenging. London isn't remotely as quick as Kupp and that's Kupp's trump tool. 

Unrelated to that, Brooks' rankings are definitely off consensus. Some interesting stuff in there.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, derp said:

How do you get to Kupp and Graham being alike as this somewhat implies?

Not to pick on you but I still find the Kupp comparison remarkably challenging. London isn't remotely as quick as Kupp and that's Kupp's trump tool. 

if you go back and watch Eastern Washington (if i remember the game film) they played similarly. Not big boundary guys. Jordy Nelson as well. I know London is known to be "fast" but this lack of quickness thing with him is getting carried away.

Graham at NOS? The similarities they have with playing the ball, using their body, positioning -- very basketball like. Don't take my "similarities" to be suggesting they're the same... but they share more than Evans, that's for sure iMO

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Paradis said:

if you go back and watch Eastern Washington (if i remember the game film) they played similarly. Not big boundary guys. Jordy Nelson as well. I know London is known to be "fast" but this lack of quickness thing with him is getting carried away.

Graham at NOS? The similarities they have with playing the ball, using their body, positioning -- very basketball like. Don't take my "similarities" to be suggesting they're the same... but they share more than Evans, that's for sure iMO

What do you think about the UCLA TE? Seems like an interesting guy. Also, Bucky didn't have the Winfrey kid from Oklahoma in his top 5. Still think DT is the safest bet to be addressed in the draft, just a question of when. To be kind, our current group are JAG's, including the former #3 pick.

36 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Not talking about quickness as it’s related to ability to translate to the NFL as a player so the “lack of quickness getting carried away” isn’t what I’m saying at all. Quickness takes on a different meaning when you’re comparing a guy to Kupp. It’s his trump tool and the one that best relates to his ability to separate at the NFL level. Compare a guy to Kupp and it’s easier to poke at quickness given how key it is to Kupp’s game.  Unless he’s got some quickness he’s yet to unpack as he translates from hoops to football London is never going to separate in the same way as Kupp at the pro level. He needs to alternate between being a feel possession guy and a bully possession guy.

I think you misinterpreted my Graham question, was asking about Kupp and Graham not London and Graham. Though all that basketball stuff shows up in Evans’ game, which is why I think you’re too hard on the Evans-London comp even though I’ve become less of a fan of that one myself.

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

People really seem to be down on Burks lately. Doesn’t give effort when not the first read, inconsistent effort blocking, poor routes, lazy etc is the vibe recently 

This. Really jumps out on full game film. I want to like him so much more. I'm desperate to vault a WR high enough for #10. But despite his height/weight/speed and doing things that translates well to this O, hes very raw and flawed as a prospect. I just don't see it. 

1 hour ago, IntoTheGreen said:

This. Really jumps out on full game film. I want to like him so much more. I'm desperate to vault a WR high enough for #10. But despite his height/weight/speed and doing things that translates well to this O, hes very raw and flawed as a prospect. I just don't see it. 

I’ve only watched 2 games and can kind of see it. He definitely has the measurables to be great, but is his heart in it? Idk. The guy who I have watched a ton of is Wandale Robinson. He’s my draft crush. Dude brings it quick and agile af not the greatest at running routes, but good enough and can be a YAC monster