PFF Final 2021 Season QB Rankings

Warfish

12 minutes ago, doitny said:

that true. my point was we dont need a wall of 1st rd picks to protect Zach. 

the best teams dont do it. teams with rookie QBs dont do it. and there fine.

Zach gets better with his decision making and gets WRs and TEs who get open and hes much better. 

fix the defense and we are much better.

i count 4 games , CAR, ATL, and both MIA games as winnable games if the defense made a stop or 2. and of course the TB game if Zach just hands it off. we be  having a much different conversation if we won 9 games last year.

all of that with just one 1st rd pick on the OL. all that with all the injuries we had. with Zachs not so great play.

JD has a house with a lot of holes in its roof, some so big a person could jump thru. the OL is the smallest of holes he got and should not be address with the 4th pick.

Agreed.

Edge & WR in Rd. 1 

Pick between Edge/LB and TE/OL in Rd. 2

Whatever position above that didn’t get filled get in Rd. 3 and the two 4ths with extra pick with BAP (DB perhaps)

Get a big RB in round 5 to complement Carter and a some backend DB help. 

• Post of the Week 1

17 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I think ZW was the guy coming out of college. He didn't have a ton of support this year. He has the right tools and improved through the year. He's a team guy. He's a work ethic guy. He's smart. He's athletic. And he showed that he can put stuff together by the end of the year.  

I personally think Zach thought what worked for him in college would transfer easily to the NFL. He figured it out during his injury time on the bench watching Flacco and White and Johnson that he did not need to do that for the team to be competitive. Less turnover’s after he came back which helped us staying in games except for a few 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Agreed.

Edge & WR in Rd. 1 

Pick between Edge/LB and TE/OL in Rd. 2

Whatever position above that didn’t get filled get in Rd. 3 and the two 4ths with extra pick with BAP (DB perhaps)

Get a big RB in round 5 to complement Carter and a some backend DB help. 

Pretty pretty good. 

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I personally think Zach thought what worked for him in college would transfer easily to the NFL. He figured it out during his injury time on the bench watching Flacco and White and Johnson that he did not need to do that for the team to be competitive. Less turnover’s after he came back which helped us staying in games except for a few 

I agree. Hope it carries over. In the back of my mind, I keep remembering Joey Harrington (showed some promise at time but never improved sufficiently from year 1 to 2, and then again didn't make the improvement from year 2 to 3 that he needed to, and then it was obvious he was done).

On 2/18/2022 at 5:07 PM, kevinc855 said:

Ugh don’t even start bro 

Honestly, I don't think this team will be great next year. I think if they hit 8-9 (assuming 17 games is the new norm), they will have done well.

Reasons I'm thinking this:

• A lot of new faces (again) as starters. The team will take time to gel / figure out the system
  • A lot of rookies coming in (again), same as above
  • Not a great draft class, nor too excited about the FA crop this year. Guys will be available who are improvements on what we have today, but honestly, the bar is pretty low.
  • A lot of unknowns about Wilson. I would love him to show us he's a top 10 to top 15 guy next year (and not the 33rd ranked QB), but, and I believe you had made this point, players don't generally make that much of a leap. If he's top 20, that's already much better, but not going to get us to the playoffs.

This is neither an indictment of or apology for current CS / management team. It's just how I'm reading the situation. And if Wilson is still the 33rd ranked QB at end of next year? Well then we're going to be talking about drafting the next best QB in April 2023.

On 2/19/2022 at 9:30 AM, 32EBoozer said:

We played a cupcake schedule after Wilson came back from injury against trash teams that were in tank mode like Texans and Jags.  These delusional jet homers who think the switch flipped on for Wilson because he didn’t turn over the ball as much last few games of the season are lost

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, cincy jets fan12 said:

We played a cupcake schedule after Wilson came back from injury against trash teams that were in tank mode like Texans and Jags.  These delusional jet homers who think the switch flipped on for Wilson because he didn’t turn over the ball as much last few games of the season are lost

Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Philadelphia, New Orleans? 

6 hours ago, xJayce said:

Honestly, I don't think this team will be great next year. I think if they hit 8-9 (assuming 17 games is the new norm), they will have done well.

Reasons I'm thinking this:

• A lot of new faces (again) as starters. The team will take time to gel / figure out the system
  • A lot of rookies coming in (again), same as above
  • Not a great draft class, nor too excited about the FA crop this year. Guys will be available who are improvements on what we have today, but honestly, the bar is pretty low.
  • A lot of unknowns about Wilson. I would love him to show us he's a top 10 to top 15 guy next year (and not the 33rd ranked QB), but, and I believe you had made this point, players don't generally make that much of a leap. If he's top 20, that's already much better, but not going to get us to the playoffs.

This is neither an indictment of or apology for current CS / management team. It's just how I'm reading the situation. And if Wilson is still the 33rd ranked QB at end of next year? Well then we're going to be talking about drafting the next best QB in April 2023.

I disagree with your ending. This team isn’t starting over in 23 if Zach is bad again. They will have enough prices in place where they will find a vet qb to run the system 

I think Lawrence showed great improvement in his last few games…. Zach showed he can protect the ball better, but he also didn’t do the things he was drafted to do. I’m hoping he can meld those two together for a better second season. I’d the o line improves and we get some better WR play he can be average. Third year would be where he really takes off as a superstar (if he can meld protecting the ball with his superb explosive plays using his arm). 

51 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I disagree with your ending. This team isn’t starting over in 23 if Zach is bad again. They will have enough prices in place where they will find a vet qb to run the system 

Definitely an option, thought I don't know who that would be. There's always a retread available here and there.