Thoughts on this 1st Round Mock?

PepPep

totally fine with it. I think my preference is to attack edge and WR in round one. I'm not commenting on the players chosen (even though I do like them), just saying the positions chosen are good.

Unfortunately in this draft most of the good Oline is gone, was hoping one of those guys would drop to rd 2 but it's not the end of the world as we'd get our choice of TE at top of rd 2 if we want to go that route. Or double down on WR and take christian watson...

• Upvote 1

After the combine he’ll establish himself as the clear PR3, with a better motor and attitude than Thibodeaux.

I’ve been trying to get Ikem and JJ in my mocks and he’s always gone before pick #10, so yes, I agree with this approach. In fact, trading #10 to a team on the back end recoups a 2nd rounder and positions us for a different blue chip IOL (Linderbaum, Green, Penning).  With the extra 2nd in tow, we can trade #38 to ATL (and another cond. next year) for Calvin Ridley.  

Ridley > Wilson 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, genot said:

Johnson at #4, is a joke. He has a chance to be a good NFL player. He's not a difference maker. Which is what we should be shooting for, that high in the draft.

70 tackles, 18 TFL, 12 sacks last year. 

What is your threshold for “difference maker”?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

70 tackles, 18 TFL, 12 sacks last year. 

What is your threshold for “difference maker”?

He's also an uber athlete and will blow up the combine. I have no issue with the Jets taking him at #4 if they think he is a good fit and like him as a player. 

8 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

After the combine he’ll establish himself as the clear PR3, with a better motor and attitude than Thibodeaux.

I’ve been trying to get Ikem and JJ in my mocks and he’s always gone before pick #10, so yes, I agree with this approach. In fact, trading #10 to a team on the back end recoups a 2nd rounder and positions us for a different blue chip IOL (Linderbaum, Green, Penning).  With the extra 2nd in tow, we can trade #38 to ATL (and another cond. next year) for Calvin Ridley.  

Trades would be great. I don't think this mock is taking that into consideration. But yes, moving back a few spots and taking JJ, then moving back a few spots and taking an interior O-lineman (or even WR) would be fantastic. Ending up with potentially 4 draft picks Rd. 2 and added draft capital in 2023!? Sign me up.    

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, genot said:

Johnson at #4, is a joke. He has a chance to be a good NFL player. He's not a difference maker. Which is what we should be shooting for, that high in the draft.

Who is a difference maker in this draft?   My answer?  No one, maybe Hutchinson, maybe, and he will most likely be gone.

• Sympathy 1

I have heard some people falling in love with Johnson.   As I keep saying, I'm not up on all the prospects this year, but in general I do not like to be at the end of a run.   If they are taking him because they love him fine, but I'm not generally a fine of oh jeez the edges are all going, better snag one. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

another ohio state wide receiver?  has there ever been a really good one?  the jets drafted devin smith.  terry glenn didn't exactly light it up in foxboro.

Michael Thomas and Terry McLaurin are pretty pretty pretty good. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

12 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Chris Carter

David Boston

Joey Galloway 

Michael Thomas

Ted Ginn

Terry McLaurin

Santonio Holmes

Michael Jenkins

just off the top of my head.  There’s probably a lot more.

santonio holmes?  that guy could've been exceptional but there was a screw loose.  as for the other guys, maybe galloway and carter.  the others, imo , aren't much better than davis.

• WTF? 1

Penning to the Phish would hurt, would really like to see us land him somehow.

Love his killer attitude, he can be a beastly RG or RT in the NFL.

I do like the two guys mocked to the Jets though. Both would be nice fits for us.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, section314 said:

This would take balls, but what would you think?  Sign a #1 WR in FA, and take Jameson Williams at #10.

I would not.  London, Burks, Wilson.  That's just me.  I don't want to wait nearly a year to see if he's all the way back.  Not at 10.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Close to worse case scenario

Edge rusher and #1 WR is close to worst case scenario? 

We can argue about Johnson, but for me it's all about position than the actual player. We have to trust that JD gets the right guy (like he did in last years draft.....but not in his first). 

• Sympathy 1

If Pickett falls to 18 (which he probably won’t) you’d think maybe the Steelers would try to trade up to get him. Sure I don’t know their evaluation of him but probably pretty high and they’d maybe want a hometown college player esp since they passed on Marino. And unless they pull off a deal for someone like Russell Wilson they are definitely in the market to draft a Qb this year.