Jump to content

Robby Anderson wants to come home to the Jets


Rhg1084
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 2/19/2022 at 9:51 AM, genot said:

Anderson immediately makes Davis and Moore a more effective pair as short and intermediate field targets. No denying Anderson as a serious threat downfiield. With a strong arm QB, like Wilson, our passing game becomes a lot more dangerous 

He immediately is a non fit in this offense and wont be coming back.  Hes exactly what we wont be looking for.  A WR where route running a weakness, who doesn’t block and takes too many plays off.  I could care less what he did a year ago, hes a terrible fit 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

The Berrios Supporters are the biggest bunch of flakes going, not just here but through out Jet Land, and now that Anderson has enter the picture they are the first to throw spitwads. I guess they feel threatened.

Wow you have missed the point. Again, well done. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

The Berrios Supporters are the biggest bunch of flakes going, not just here but through out Jet Land, and now that Anderson has enter the picture they are the first to throw spitwads. I guess they feel threatened.

Not at all....the issue is someone saying Berrios completely sucks....because he doesn't.

I would love Berrios on this team next year, and would be okay with Anderson coming back, but just because Robbie wants to come back doesn't mean we should get him.  I would also rather sign Chris Godwin and Berrios rather than sign Berrios and have to give up a pick for Robbie Anderson.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/19/2022 at 9:50 AM, nycdan said:

This is a bad take.  Two reasons off the bat:

1) Berrios had a catch % of 70.8 last season.  Anderson had a catch % of 48.2% last season.  Anderson dropped 57 passes(!).

2) See chart...

image.png

Berrios is worth more to this team straight up than Anderson.  And I would argue that it's not even close.

There's a feeling i'm sensing that people think Berrios put up quality numbers, but just did it on a bad team, and if the Jets had more talent, Berrios wouldn't be on the field. I disagree. He catches the ball when it's thrown to him. He's good underneath.

With Crowder a goner in FA, and Moore being able to play both inside and outside, there is no reason not to bring back Berrios, even if it means overpaying a little. He's an All-Pro return man who can rotate in and out of the offense.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

The Berrios Supporters are the biggest bunch of flakes going, not just here but through out Jet Land, and now that Anderson has enter the picture they are the first to throw spitwads. I guess they feel threatened.

I doubt Berrios supporters are feeling threatened. Berrios is a solid (maybe 3)/4/5 wr, plays ST, and isn't a distraction off the field. We'll see what he is asking for contract wise; if he wants too much he can walk as well.

Having said that... RA was a one dimension player, with off the field issues, doesn't play specials, and wanted to play elsewhere for a former coach. Why would anyone be threatened by RA? It seems however that there are people who are threatened by Berrios, and all he did was produce consistently. No one, that I know of, is advocating for him as the #1 or #2 WR. 

You trashing a backup who produces, while calling people names (throwing spitwads), sort of casts you as the threatened flaky one. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

There's a feeling i'm sensing that people think Berrios put up quality numbers, but just did it on a bad team, and if the Jets had more talent, Berrios wouldn't be on the field. I disagree. He catches the ball when it's thrown to him. He's good underneath.

I agree, and on a healthy team where he's the #3/4/5 WR he'd be covered by a backup CB so when he was on the field his numbers might be better.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every offseason there are 2-3 players who get ganged up on because people here feel they make more than they are worth.  Usually they are good players on a team that has too few of them, but they become instant targets so we can save yet more cap money we won't spend (or spend badly).

Quinnen, Mosley and Berrios seem to be this year's versions.  

Rather than beat the drum to get rid of these guys, we should be happy we have players who at least contribute to the overall team success and worry more about replacing the guys who don't do even that.  

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

The Berrios Supporters are the biggest bunch of flakes going, not just here but through out Jet Land, and now that Anderson has enter the picture they are the first to throw spitwads. I guess they feel threatened.

Damn, did Berrios f*ck your wife and nut in her eye or something?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

The Berrios Supporters are the biggest bunch of flakes going, not just here but through out Jet Land, and now that Anderson has enter the picture they are the first to throw spitwads. I guess they feel threatened.

People who support first team all-pro Braxton Berrios are flakes? People who cast aspersions against people who support first team all-pro players are the biggest flakes. Not a single Berrios supporter is threatened by Robby Anderson. They play different positions.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

RA is a former Jets JAG that the fans, desperate for anything positive, built up into something he isn't. He isn't the first overrated Jets JAG, nor he won't be the last. If he wasn't just another guy he wouldn't be available.

That description is more applicable to guys like Eric Smith and Kellen Clemens

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, cincy jets fan12 said:

That description is more applicable to guys like Eric Smith and Kellen Clemens

People overrated Eric Smith, and Kellen Clemens? Clemens never played much, and Smith was a box safety. People may have hoped Clemens could be a QB, but I don't remember people banging on the table for him. RA fits the overrated Jets JAG tag just fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He immediately is a non fit in this offense and wont be coming back.  Hes exactly what we wont be looking for.  A WR where route running a weakness, who doesn’t block and takes too many plays off.  I could care less what he did a year ago, hes a terrible fit 

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

RA is a former Jets JAG that the fans, desperate for anything positive, built up into something he isn't. He isn't the first overrated Jets JAG, nor he won't be the last. If he wasn't just another guy he wouldn't be available.

Jags don't run 4.31 40's and have 95 receptions behind a QB who couldn't throw deep. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Corey Davis came here expecting to be the #1 receiver and literally choked away every chance under pressure. When literally every other receiver is hurt and we’re looking at Berrios playing as the #1 he always has a decent game. Berrios is smart af, and quick and crafty enough to find soft spots and make good plays. If we had a QB as intelligent as Berrios he’d actually have very good stats and would be considered in an Edelman/Welker role.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sign me up!

 

Predicting Where The Top 32 NFL Free Agents Will Sign

Cordarrelle Patterson

It took nine NFL seasons, but a team finally figured out how to best utilize the talents of Cordarrelle Patterson. One of the most versatile offensive weapons in the league, Patterson enjoyed his best year as both a runner and receiver in Year 1 with the Falcons. Atlanta head coach Arthur Smith schemed a number of ways to get one of his top playmakers the ball in space.

Patterson lined up all over the field and took advantage of mismatches. While Patterson could be lured back to Atlanta given his success in Smith’s offense, we wouldn’t be surprised to see another team splash some cash for the dual-threat. The Jets desperately need some juice offensively. Patterson lining up in the backfield or out wide would open up the field for young QB Zach Wilson to make some plays.

Prediction: Patterson signs a 3-year, $27 million deal with the New York Jets

 

https://newarena.com/nfl/predicting-where-the-top-32-nfl-free-agents-will-sign/?amxt=2022_mob_3&utm_source=yh_ae&utm_campaign=yh_jc_mob_na5_nfl_2022freeagents_0222&utm_term=FOX_NEWS|p&utm_medium=yhdt-2022_mob_3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

What does RA do well again ? His catch percentage clearly indicates its not catching the ball ...

So he can run straight real fast .... got it.

Hard as nails pass.

It's a weird stat. But PFF had him second in the league in uncatchable passes thrown his way. The Panthers offense, was bad, Robby was bad. He still had 53 receptions. I doubt any of them we're on deep routes. I'm not saying Anderson is a great receiver. I think he is a great receiver to have, if your rotating players to create mismatches. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a weird stat. But PFF had him second in the league in uncatchable passes thrown his way. The Panthers offense, was bad, Robby was bad. He still had 53 receptions. I doubt any of them we're on deep routes. I'm not saying Anderson is a great receiver. I think he is a great receiver to have, if your rotating players to create mismatches. 
Right so a wr 4/5 ... i can get behind that for 1.5 mil a year or something
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

What does RA do well again ? His catch percentage clearly indicates its not catching the ball ...

So he can run straight real fast .... got it.

Hard as nails pass.

Agree. We have seen the Robbie show and no thanks. 
 

and comparing the discussion of Robbie to berrios is beyond apples and bananas. One has nothing to do with the other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Not at all....the issue is someone saying Berrios completely sucks....because he doesn't.

While I don't agree with that declaration the fact remains every time the name of  a Wide Receiver that isn't an All-Pro Berrios's cheering squad immediately jump in to say how we should be signing Berrios as if the matter were an either or proposition. This thread is about Robby Anderson not Braxton Berrios. Robby Anderson is a Wide Receiver, Braxton Berrios is a Kickoff/Punt Returner who doubles as a 4th WR on a handful of gadget plays. Douglas and Saleh made several statements to the press about how impressed they were with Berrios play at the end of the season and how they wanted to re-sign him. That went straight to the head of Berrios and his agent who are now seeking Wide Receiver Money. (9 Million Dollars) The rule among NFL Players is 'if I'm playing for less I'm playing for somebody else'. In this respect Saleh's and Douglas's statements may have sealed Berrios's fate with the Jets

 

Quote

I would love Berrios on this team next year, and would be okay with Anderson coming back, but just because Robbie wants to come back doesn't mean we should get him.

This has little if anything to with Anderson's desires. What this has to do with is a capability the Jets can acquire for a modest price, the Deep Threat Wide Receiver. That is a capability that is lacking on the Jets including the Big Ticket Corey Davis and the Gadget Man Braxton Berrios. Once that threat is established Defensive Coordinators will no longer be able to pull In their Defenses to focus on the underneath stuff, They will have to respect the threat thus opening up the Short and Medium Passing Game.

 

Quote

I would also rather sign Chris Godwin and Berrios rather than sign Berrios and have to give up a pick for Robbie Anderson.

Chris Godwin has been injured in each of the last two seasons and hasn't played a full season sine his sophomore year in 2018. As stated above Berrios is not a Wide Receiver he is a Kick Returner that doubles as a Wide Receiver. And in this respect Berrios seeking out Vet Wide Receiver money may have brought Anderson in to the picture when the 9 Million Dollar figure became public. Anderson's Agent seizing on the opportunity said to the Jets "if your spending 9 Million to get Berrios want don't you spend 9 Million on my guy. He will give you a deep threat, Berrios won't." As to Draft compensation that isn't what the Panthers are after, they want Cap Relief. The Jets could easily deal a 5th Round Pick in 2023 that could be upgraded to a 4th based on performance. Fourth Round Picks only have a 50/50 chance of surviving their first contract and a considerable risk of being cut their rookie year.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/19/2022 at 11:03 AM, sourceworx said:

Of course he likes Zach's potential. Zach has the arm to hit him on deep routes, something Robbie hasn't experienced since Josh McCown was here.

Bridgewater did a good  job hitting Anderson 2 years ago. They came within a whisker of 1100 yards. Even better than what McCown did chucking the pumpkin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/20/2022 at 12:33 AM, WestCoastMole said:

The Berrios Supporters are the biggest bunch of flakes going, not just here but through out Jet Land, and now that Anderson has enter the picture they are the first to throw spitwads. I guess they feel threatened.

People not only here but throughout Jets land like Berrios and that makes the ones who do like him or want him resigned flake's?  We're the ones who feel threatened? 

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

Chris Godwin has been injured in each of the last two seasons and hasn't played a full season sine his sophomore year in 2018. As stated above Berrios is not a Wide Receiver he is a Kick Returner that doubles as a Wide Receiver. And in this respect Berrios seeking out Vet Wide Receiver money may have brought Anderson in to the picture when the 9 Million Dollar figure became public. Anderson's Agent seizing on the opportunity said to the Jets "if your spending 9 Million to get Berrios want don't you spend 9 Million on my guy. He will give you a deep threat, Berrios won't." As to Draft compensation that isn't what the Panthers are after, they want Cap Relief. The Jets could easily deal a 5th Round Pick in 2023 that could be upgraded to a 4th based on performance. Fourth Round Picks only have a 50/50 chance of surviving their first contract and a considerable risk of being cut their rookie year.

That should show my excitement levels of Robby Anderson.

Berrios is a lower end #3/very solid #4 receiver who plays special teams.  Just want to clarify.

There are about 5-6 other receivers I would look at bringing in before Robby Anderson.  HOWEVER.  For sake of argument.  If we could get Robby Anderson here for a fifth round pick, I would consider it if none of the other options panned out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Corey Davis came here expecting to be the #1 receiver and literally choked away every chance under pressure. When literally every other receiver is hurt and we’re looking at Berrios playing as the #1 he always has a decent game. Berrios is smart af, and quick and crafty enough to find soft spots and make good plays. If we had a QB as intelligent as Berrios he’d actually have very good stats and would be considered in an Edelman/Welker role.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Didn’t help Zach Wilson folded like a wet paper bag under pressure.  He was statistically by far the worst qb in the entire nfl under pressure last season.  Not sure what WRs are setting records with that

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

That should show my excitement levels of Robby Anderson.

Berrios is a lower end #3/very solid #4 receiver who plays special teams.  Just want to clarify.

There are about 5-6 other receivers I would look at bringing in before Robby Anderson.  HOWEVER.  For sake of argument.  If we could get Robby Anderson here for a fifth round pick, I would consider it if none of the other options panned out.

Mims for Robby

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

At this point I think trading for Robby is the perfect move for us. JD had a nice free agency but we still need that veteran WR and Robby fits the bill. Give Carolina a 4th and let’s go 

Nope.

4th rounder netted used at RB, DL or anything really.

WR in R1-2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...