What does your dream offseason look like?

Maxman

36 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Big splash in free agency?  Who?  Or depth in free agency?  Who?

Current free agents on the roster that should be back next year?  

How many starters can they walk away with in the draft?  Who?

Big splash is signing TE Dalton Shultz, Saftey a Marcus Williams, and LB 

38 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Big splash in free agency?  Who?  Or depth in free agency?  Who?

Current free agents on the roster that should be back next year?  

How many starters can they walk away with in the draft?  Who?

Sign Marcus Williams and  Dalton Shultz. 

sign Fatukasi, Coleman, and Joyner 

starters in the draft: kayvon/Karlaftis/jermaine Johnson, treylon burks, trey McBride, Chad Muma. (4 starters) 

I'd try for DK Metcalf if we had to trade for a vet wr. Beckton shows up and becomes our beast RT. Trade back in this draft as many times possible, get as many 2nd & 3rd round draft picks you can. This draft is deep at Edge, OL, WR, TE. All our damn weakness. Draft best Edge or OL with our first. ( Hopefully we'll have DK or A Cooper / Godwin / Ridley at wr already.)
Draft a DAMN TE and sign whoever in FA. Resign Berrios, extend Fant & McGovern .

Sent from my SM-G930V using JetNation.com mobile app

Resign:

Morgan Moses - OT/OG

Foley Fatusaki - DT

Braxton Berrios - WR

Tyler Kroft - TE

Mike White - QB

Kyle Phillips - DE

Free Agents:

Quandree Diggs - S - Seattle

Allen Robinson - WR - Chicago

DJ Chark - WR - Jacksonville

Mo Alie-Cox - TE - Indianapolis

Jayon Brown - LB - Tennessee

(Maybe Austin Corbett RG if Moses is not re-signed)

Draft:

Kayvon Thibodeux - DE - Oregon

Treylon Burks - WR - Arkansas

Zion Johnson - OG/C - Boston College

Trey McBride - TE - Colorado State

Cameron Thomas - DE - SDSU

Christian Harris  - LB - Alabama

James Cook - RB - Georgia

Charlie Kolar - TE - Iowa State

Vernon McKinley - S - Oregon

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1. Becton gets his health/weight under control and becomes a starter. I don't care if it is LT or RT, we need some value from him.

2. We get a #1 WR. I'd love to see it come through the draft (I'd be okay with London, Burks, or Wilson). But honestly, Devante should come our way.

3. Assuming we get a #1 WR in the draft, pick up a solid WR in FA (Gallup, JuJu, etc.) who will not get injured for the next 4 seasons.

4. Get two really good TEs. My dream scenario is something like Schultz in FA and Trey McBride in the draft.

5. Get two stud lineman, Oline and Dline. Need young blood, so probably in the draft. There are no doubt good ones out there, Jets will most likely pick the duds.

6. One really good linebacker through FA. Not sure who.

7. Get a solid, really solid vet QB for Zach to learn from. I don't care if Zach has to sit a year and watch, He needs to develop right.

8. Since we're dreaming, Mims becomes a WR for the Jets worthy of his draft selection.

9. Defensive backfield help. We need it. Draft or FA, I don't care. We need talented players and we need seasoned players, both.

• Upvote 2

Sign: Davante Adams

Trade down from both #4 and #10 into the 15-25 range pushing some draft capital forward to 2023 and picking up an additional 2nd rounder or 2 this year.

Draft: Lloyd or Dean.

Draft: edge no later than early 2nd round.

Trade back into the late first round for a 3rd pick to add Linderbaum.

Draft: 2 TEs with at least one being Likely, McBride, Ruckert.

Draft: a RB with home run hitting potential like Ford or Cook.

Cut: Van Roten at least twice. Since this is a dream off-season, I'm cutting him 5 times.

• Upvote 1

You said DREAM so here goes
Trade Becton & Mims for Tee Higgins
Free agents.
TE Dalton Shultz
Edge Hassan Reddick
CB Rasul Douglas
S Marcus Williams
G Laken Tomlinson
QB M Mariotta
Resign
Moses
The Dr
Fatukasi

Draft
Trade back twice and pick up a 2023 1st rd preferably with the 10 just cause Jamal would really be the gift that keeps on giving. So….
Our 4 & 10 become. 13 & 19 while picking up an additional 2,2 3s and next years 1 & another2. Give a team a 2 & 3 we just got to get back in the 1st for say 25.
13— OT Ekonwu
19—WR London
25—C Tyler Linderbaum
35–Edge Drake Jackson
38— TE Jaylen Wydermeyer
68– LB Channing Tindall
Extra 3rd TE Jeremy Ruckert
108—RB Dameon Pearce
114–WR Dontario Drummond
144– LB
159–OT/G

5 starters in draft

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

You said DREAM so here goes
Trade Becton & Mims for Tee Higgins
Free agents.
TE Dalton Shultz
Edge Hassan Reddick
CB Rasul Douglas
S Marcus Williams
G Laken Tomlinson
QB M Mariotta
Resign
Moses
The Dr
Fatukasi

Draft
Trade back twice and pick up a 2023 1st rd preferably with the 10 just cause Jamal would really be the gift that keeps on giving. So….
Our 4 & 10 become. 13 & 19 while picking up an additional 2,2 3s and next years 1 & another2. Give a team a 2 & 3 we just got to get back in the 1st for say 25.
13— OT Ekonwu
19—WR London
25—C Tyler Linderbaum
35–Edge Drake Jackson
38— TE Jaylen Wydermeyer
68– LB Channing Tindall
Extra 3rd TE Jeremy Ruckert
108—RB Dameon Pearce
114–WR Dontario Drummond
144– LB
159–OT/G

5 starters in draft

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Do you really think linderbaum will be there at 25 ?

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Do you really think linderbaum will be there at 25 ?

Wouldn’t surprise me. He’s just a center, and at 289 lbs he’s an undersized one at that.

He may be everything people hope, but the odds of him truly dominating at the NFL level at that size aren’t good, and if he adds 20-30 pounds he’ll risk losing the mobility that made him special in college. And if he isn’t dominating at his position despite his size, like Kelce, then you don’t touch a center in round 1 even if the team’s current one kinda sucks (unless the team really has no other weakness that one would address in round 1).

That’s why so few centers get drafted early, and fewer still times does a team ride that decision to the playoffs or better, with that move as a major catalyst.

He could go in the early-mid teens, I guess, if a team doesn’t extend its center before leaving via FA (Balt, Phi). Eagles in particular have 3 picks in the teens so maybe they could rationalize it if they don’t extend Kelce, but they’re both too small to put next to each other so it’d be one or the other.

If those two teams don’t re-sign their veteran centers?

• #12 Min could use an upgrade but they pick too high and could amply upgrade with an older FA who won’t break the bank.
  • #13 Cle has Tretter
  • #17 Chargers just added Linsley
  • #19 NO is still smarting from drafting a round 1 center who’s flopped so far.
  • #20 Pit has drafted a center high before, so it’s a possible spot if they aren’t zeroed in on a QB
  • #21 NE is another maybe if they don’t extend Karras, but I’d still be surprised if they went C over, say, WR here
  • #22 LV doesn’t need a center upgrade badly enough to take one in round 1
  • #23 Ari maybe; Hudson isn’t what he once was, and has a high salary, but a 2021 restructure-extension means a lot of dead cap if they cut him
  • #24 Dal doesn’t need a center
  • #25 Buf doesn’t need one either, and could squeeze Morse into a pay cut again
  • #26 Ten doesn’t need a center
  • #27 Tampa maybe, if they don’t extend Jensen, but I hardly think the post-Brady draft era likely begins with a round 1 center
  • #28 GB possible but I just doubt it. A team with such cap issues doesn’t usually go hunting for cheap positions in round 1 to replace its cheap under-contract one. Not when they may be losing 2-3 WRs in FA.
  • #29 Miami maybe
  • #30 KC just drafted a good one last year
  • #31 Cin obvious match, if he slides this far and they didn’t sign a veteran in FA
  • #32 LAR no need, unless they don’t extend Allen

I could easily see him sliding, for all the fan-only talk of the Jets wasting pick 10 on a center (or I’d seen even calls for him at #4 ffs).

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Dream Offseason - great thread.  Im going to try to have it be somewhat more realistic then dream (ie Id love bates but I dont think he gets out of Cincy so going with Williams)

The number 1 biggest thing is Becton getting his act together and coming into camp at 345 lbs and dominating at Right Tackle.  Fant deserves to stay at LT

Free Agency: Im not going to go crazy as this just isnt a great class and I think JD really wants to build a culture here and instead will spend on guys he knows as opposed to overpaying a bunch of free agents.  

1. Marcus Williams - FS

2. Nicholas Morrow - OLB

3. Joe Haeg - OT

Resign:

1. Berrios 3 years $16 million

2. Foley 3 years $20 million

3. Feeney 1 year $1.5 million

4. LDT 1 year $4 million

5. Fant - extended 3 more years

6. Tyler Kroft - 1 year $2 million

Draft - This is a draft where trading back will net us additional starters through the 3rd round. We know the players very well after the senior bowl and while not top heavy with elite QBs or OTs the draft is very deep. 

These picks were using the profootballnetwork simulator where I traded 4 to Atlanta for 8 and 43, and then 8 to the ravens for 14 and 45 (the simulator continued to offer trade back options which if JD gets them he should take, but to try to remain somewhat realistic I stopped trading back although this is where "dream" came in)

10.  Devin Lloyd OLB

14.  Drake London WR USC

35. Zion Johnson OG Boston College

38. Myjai Sanders Edge Cincy

43. Kyler Gordon CB Washington 

49 Jalen Pitre S Baylor

69. Jeremy Ruckert TE

110. Brian Robinson RB Alabama

116. Cole Strange OG

You could argue that the above draft nets 6 opening day starters in the first 7 picks and Sanders being a rotational edge rusher in his first season.  Lloyd would be a great match of need and pick.  London is only 21 and would be a perfect complement to Moore.  Zion starts day 1 at RG and ensures a dominant OL if Becton is healthy.  Kyler holds down the CB spot opposite Hall, Pitre starts in the hybrid safety spot allowing Marcus Williams to be a centerfielder only and Ruckert is possibly my favorite player in the draft and starts day 1 giving us great run blocking from the TE spot.  Lastly we can develop strange, possibly to play center (or move Zion there in 2023 if he can make the switch and Cole plays RG) and Brian Robinson becomes a steady #2 RB to who is big and tough to tackle.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

My dream offseason is

- sign a RG in free agency

- sign or trade for a #1 WR

- sign a TE in FA and draft a TE on day 2

- Draft an edge in round 1

My dream would also have JD be aggressive in shopping for players at premium positions if they somehow become available. Let’s leave no rock unturned. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

Dream Offseason - great thread.  Im going to try to have it be somewhat more realistic then dream (ie Id love bates but I dont think he gets out of Cincy so going with Williams)

The number 1 biggest thing is Becton getting his act together and coming into camp at 345 lbs and dominating at Right Tackle.  Fant deserves to stay at LT

Free Agency: Im not going to go crazy as this just isnt a great class and I think JD really wants to build a culture here and instead will spend on guys he knows as opposed to overpaying a bunch of free agents.  

1. Marcus Williams - FS

2. Nicholas Morrow - OLB

3. Joe Haeg - OT

Resign:

1. Berrios 3 years $16 million

2. Foley 3 years $20 million

3. Feeney 1 year $1.5 million

4. LDT 1 year $4 million

5. Fant - extended 3 more years

6. Tyler Kroft - 1 year $2 million

Draft - This is a draft where trading back will net us additional starters through the 3rd round. We know the players very well after the senior bowl and while not top heavy with elite QBs or OTs the draft is very deep. 

These picks were using the profootballnetwork simulator where I traded 4 to Atlanta for 8 and 43, and then 8 to the ravens for 14 and 45 (the simulator continued to offer trade back options which if JD gets them he should take, but to try to remain somewhat realistic I stopped trading back although this is where "dream" came in)

10.  Devin Lloyd OLB

14.  Drake London WR USC

35. Zion Johnson OG Boston College

38. Myjai Sanders Edge Cincy

43. Kyler Gordon CB Washington 

49 Jalen Pitre S Baylor

69. Jeremy Ruckert TE

110. Brian Robinson RB Alabama

116. Cole Strange OG

You could argue that the above draft nets 6 opening day starters in the first 7 picks and Sanders being a rotational edge rusher in his first season.  Lloyd would be a great match of need and pick.  London is only 21 and would be a perfect complement to Moore.  Zion starts day 1 at RG and ensures a dominant OL if Becton is healthy.  Kyler holds down the CB spot opposite Hall, Pitre starts in the hybrid safety spot allowing Marcus Williams to be a centerfielder only and Ruckert is possibly my favorite player in the draft and starts day 1 giving us great run blocking from the TE spot.  Lastly we can develop strange, possibly to play center (or move Zion there in 2023 if he can make the switch and Cole plays RG) and Brian Robinson becomes a steady #2 RB to who is big and tough to tackle.

Really, really nice effort. Obviously put in a tremendous amount of thought. Only things I disagree with are two of your FA moves. I would let Foley walk, it's a position I think they will hit in the draft. Also think they saw enough of Marshall late in the season to get him more into the rotation, plus think JFM will play much more inside. Second, not $ thing, but roster spot issue. Drafting Zion in 2nd would make Feeney expendable. Assuming that Feeney is back since he can play C. Since you resign LDT, in a pinch, Zion slides to C. All in all, great job.

My big thing I’d like to see is intentional player development trajectories with short term needs potentially fitting long term holes. Need to improve the pass rush, only two years of Lawson left - bring in a guy to develop behind him, play him on passing downs, let him develop against the run along the way. Need a centerpiece on offense, Moore and Davis are both starting caliber players, bring in a high end wide receiver who can play as a WR3 early without too much pressure and with the goal of him being WR1 across from Moore and the guy on the offense. John Benton seems like a really solid OL coach, that line got better over the course of the season. Don’t mess around - bring in a legitimate free agent right guard (James Daniels with position flexibility) and extend Fant but also on day three bring in a tackle and an interior lineman he likes and let him bring them along for a year to replace McGovern and be Becton insurance.

I’d like to see the biggest emphasis on explosive skill position talent and pass rush upgrades. Multiple pass rushers. Third down guy behind Lawson (wouldn’t mind a serious free agent but ideally a draft pick - Ojabo would be a nice fit or if they want to wait someone like Bonitto could potentially be a third down guy only in perpetuity instead of developing him as a starter - someone like Sanders is a middle ground depending on how he tests) and either an explosive DT (we’ll see how the combine shakes out but someone like Winfrey) or a guy who will kick JFM inside (someone like Karlaftis or maybe Logan Hall). And honestly I wouldn’t mind another edge rusher on top of how that all shakes out.

I love Treylon Burks as a prospect. He led Arkansas in receiving all three years he was there which leads to him having the best adjusted production profile in the draft, his time their coincided with a bad program improving and having their best year in a while, didn’t benefit from playing on a great offense and was the clear centerpiece there, and played through an injury last year. No idea how he interviews and that’s pretty critical but I’d guess he’ll do well. All of that production/intangible stuff aside he’s a big freak athlete with giant hands. There’s a decent chance he goes sub 4.4 at 230ish which would put him in Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Julio Jones, DK Metcalf, Chase Claypool territory as guys north of 220 to run that fast. Maybe one or two other guys who got late draft capital but that’s about it.

The downside there is he is definitely raw. Pretty gadget-y usage at points there, Arkansas just wanted to get the ball in his hands at points and hit him for a couple deep shots. I think it’s a good situation to bring him in though. He can play behind Moore and Davis as needed, LaFleur is creative enough to utilize him effectively and get the ball in his hands, he was one of the best YAC threats in college and so potentially fills an underneath role and adds some explosiveness on easy throws for Wilson. And he is fast enough to get downfield and create big plays as well. He kind of ticks the big body role but also adds speed. I don’t know what kind of usage he’d get, Deebo Samuel isn’t a fair comparison but he was used in the backfield and on run plays in college, but even Waddle had a big impact early on underneath stuff. I think the success of passing game heavy RB’s opens the door for a different kind of usage with underneath heavy WR’s who get run game involvement as well - Burks can do that and it works in the offense. Love the traits, the production profile, and the short and long term fits. 

Again on the OL Keep George Fant around with an extension, sign James Daniels as a legitimate guard and possible McGovern replacement. Work with Benton to find a tackle and an interior lineman he likes on day three and develop the Becton insurance and McGovern replacement instead of drafting them early.

Complete overhaul of the tight end room, a free agent and multiple draft picks. Ideally involving Trey McBride. For those who want the security blanket for Wilson I think this is the position to find it and I think they should bring in multiple guys who can play serious snaps. A shot at a fullback too or a tight end who will be highly effective in that role.

A legitimate starting linebacker. One this year and then one next year unless Sherwood or Nasirildeen shows they’re ready to step in. You run out of room with all the other stuff but maybe in the third round they can find someone like Muma.

Some competition at safety. Love Jalen Pitre. A veteran would work too. Think they should bring back Joyner.

Think they should be opportunistic at corner but if they go heavy pass rush that probably waits a year and that would be fine. Certainly could be addressed but I think it’s better to address later in a rebuild. Fresh legs when the team is good. There are definitely good options at multiple areas in this draft though maybe they make the move. I just think it’s better next year in the timeline.

Similar deal with running back. Love Carter but he’s not best used as an every down guy and it’s a great place to add explosiveness to the offense. I just don’t think this draft class has that much early - day three maybe. But if they find a cheap veteran they like I’d be all over it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Draft:

4- Ekwonu

10- Burkes or Wilson

35- Tre McBride

38- Isaiah Spiller

Rest of draft- defense

FA- A few mid tier signing like corey davis and carl lawson from last year.

No big money free agents.  Stay the course and keep building this the right way for long term success.

I'd largely agree with this, and I'd love those first couple rounds. My one caveat would be; there is room to sign a high end free agent, and structure that deal to come off the books right when JDs first draft picks come due for their 2nd contract. Until then, our cap has the room. 

I wake up a Titans fan ?

j/k lol

im a caveman.  Quality and depth on the Oline, quality and depth I’m the front 7. 

plus. a TE   Is MicKey Shuler really our last reliable “security blanket “ TE ?

oh and a FB. This offense really needs a FB