Steelers hire former Dolphins HC Brian Flores

jackhuntr

3 hours ago, doitny said:

this wasn't Rooney. this was all Tomlin. the most powerful black HC in history. he gets who he wants.

someone with the resume of Tomlin you dont force him to take a coach he doesnt want.

how bad do you feel for Teryl Austin. who has got Flores behind him. who you all know everyone wants him to move up to be DC. and Flores who went from boss of a whole team isnt even boss of the defense.

interesting to see how this plays out if Flores doesn't get a HC next year. Austin is black too so i dont see Tomlin screwing him for Flores. 

They know Flores will be gone in a year so it makes sense to give him the title they did. This way next year you aren't looking for a new coordinator.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

He will get one next year.

Only if the Steelers have an overachieving awesome year will he be considered.  With his actions teams will be less likely to give him an interview at all.  And not because of some black balling league action but because he put teams who did give him interviews this year in a very bad spot and the Miami ownership thing which once again right or wrong  would be considered confidential stuff.

He may or may not have a legit beef on some of this complaints in the law suit.  We shall see eventually but imo he made a big error with  his timing of this and  to me he let emotion get in the way.  He would probably be the Texans coach right now if he had not jumped he gun.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

They know Flores will be gone in a year so it makes sense to give him the title they did. This way next year you aren't looking for a new coordinator.

you really think he gets hired again as HC?

by next year this lawsuit should be in high gear with some owners having to defend themselves from these accusations. it will be fresh in everyone's mind.

Tomlin and Belichick are the only HCs with the power to buck their owners and give Flores a shot on their staff. Andy Reid too but he doesnt have the connection to Flores those 2 other guys have.

plus whoever would hire him would be forced to give him a full 4 years. unless he is a complete disaster which i dont think he will be. but if hes a 500 coach for 2 years you cant get rid of him.

he is burning everyone he can. the Maras, Elway, Houston, Miami. are you going to let him into your house so if he doesnt get his way he can burn you to?

he not going to be a HC again. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, doitny said:

you really think he gets hired again as HC?

by next year this lawsuit should be in high gear with some owners having to defend themselves from these accusations. it will be fresh in everyone's mind.

Tomlin and Belichick are the only HCs with the power to buck their owners and give Flores a shot on their staff. Andy Reid too but he doesnt have the connection to Flores those 2 other guys have.

plus whoever would hire him would be forced to give him a full 4 years. unless he is a complete disaster which i dont think he will be. but if hes a 500 coach for 2 years you cant get rid of him.

he is burning everyone he can. the Maras, Elway, Houston, Miami. are you going to let him into your house so if he doesnt get his way he can burn you to?

he not going to be a HC again. 

He will be and it will happen next year. Bump this if it doesn't happen.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

So, and this is just so we’re clear, you’re okay with a serial rapist being your QB because he throws a football well?

Got it.

I don’t want to hear a single peep out of anyone defending Watson on this forum when it comes to things like the Washington Commanders cheerleader situation, domestic abuse, etc.  You’ve made it abundantly clear by defending him that sexual assault, misconduct, rape is a-ok with you, as long as the person being accused can help your football team be better.

Ace Grzegorczyk (@AceGrz) / Twitter

• Thumb Down 1

Smart move by the Steelers, with zero downside. Guy is a very good coach, and Tomlin will make sure that's all that matters. Plus, in a year or two, they will get good draft compensation when Flores becomes a HC again. Wouldn't be surprised if the NFL ups the compensation from 3rd picks, either.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Mogglez said:

So, and this is just so we’re clear, you’re okay with a serial rapist being your QB because he throws a football well?

Got it.

I don’t want to hear a single peep out of anyone defending Watson on this forum when it comes to things like the Washington Commanders cheerleader situation, domestic abuse, etc.  You’ve made it abundantly clear by defending him that sexual assault, misconduct, rape is a-ok with you, as long as the person being accused can help your football team be better.

Nice to see some of the younger generation with character. Good job @Jet Nut

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, undertow said:

Meh he's the Jesse Smollet of the NFL I don't like billionaire owners either but that doesn't mean I like scam artists that use race hustles for profit.   OK I'm done here before I get banned. lmao

Not sure that it will be, because nobody can be as stupid as Smollet. I can see owners saying that to him, not thinking it would ever get out in public. Whether it's proven or hidden like all the rest of the BS that happens in the NFL is another story all together.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Only if the Steelers have an overachieving awesome year will he be considered.  With his actions teams will be less likely to give him an interview at all.  And not because of some black balling league action but because he put teams who did give him interviews this year in a very bad spot and the Miami ownership thing which once again right or wrong  would be considered confidential stuff.

He may or may not have a legit beef on some of this complaints in the law suit.  We shall see eventually but imo he made a big error with  his timing of this and  to me he let emotion get in the way.  He would probably be the Texans coach right now if he had not jumped he gun.

He was fired because him and the owner hated each other. Similar to Mangini and Woody. The aftermath I’d imagine will make teams hesitant to hire him as a HC, especially with someone who’d go as far as showing private texts IMO.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He was fired because him and the owner hated each other. Similar to Mangini and Woody. The aftermath I’d imagine will make teams hesitant to hire him as a HC, especially with someone who’d go as far as showing private texts IMO.

Seems like Flores’ intent was to 1. Burn Ross as hard as possible and 2. Steal a couple of news cycles in the lead-up to the Super Bowl with an issue that most people—including Goodell—believe has at least some merit in that the owner class isn’t in any rush to hire anyone who doesn’t look like Sean McVay as their head coach. I mean, we had an old bird exec in Dallas taking upskirt pics of Jerry Jones’ daughter and he was allowed to retire with a gold watch. NFL admin groups are chock-full of those guys. The only issue Flores will face long-term is that he threw Belichick on the griddle, which will get a guy blacklisted quicker than anything else in this godforsaken league. 

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

God, I would love to get him here.  Trade Zach and 1st rounder next year for him.

No one could be this clueless to what it would mean.  

But hey, who gives a shlt that hes a serial rapist, if he can throw the ball with success dump the kid and a first, essentially 2 ones for the privilege of cheering for one.  

Some never cease to amaze with the lack of understanding

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Seems like Flores’ intent was to 1. Burn Ross as hard as possible and 2. Steal a couple of news cycles in the lead-up to the Super Bowl with an issue that most people—including Goodell—believe has at least some merit in that the owner class isn’t in any rush to hire anyone who doesn’t look like Sean McVay as their head coach. I mean, we had an old bird exec in Dallas taking upskirt pics of Jerry Jones’ daughter and he was allowed to retire with a gold watch. NFL admin groups are chock-full of those guys. The only issue Flores will face long-term is that he threw Belichick on the griddle, which will get a guy blacklisted quicker than anything else in this godforsaken league. 

Amen brother. And it's sickening.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

if it was just about Ross that would be one thing. but he went after the Maras, Elway and then adds Houston into the lawsuit. 

and lets be real here. he is not some sort of Martyr here. if he gets hired by the Giants none of this happens. he is a scorned man who is looking to burn anyone he can find.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No one could be this clueless to what it would mean.  

But hey, who gives a shlt that hes a serial rapist, if he can throw the ball with success dump the kid and a first, essentially 2 ones for the privilege of cheering for one.  

Some never cease to amaze

Its Fantasy Island, he is a Troll of epic proportions. I would say his avatar pretty much sums it up ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Brian Flores will be a head coach in 2023. This is a genius move by the Steelers who will get two 3rd round draft picks and a year of Brian Flores developing a QB.

This. Except for the QB part; he was hired to coach LBs. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, cincy jets fan12 said:

Flores is easily better than both local NY NFL head coaches.  

Because hes won so much in his three years in Miami

Oh wait, he won 1 more game in his first three years than the great Gase won in his first three seasons there.

He's collided more talent but is that on the HC or the GM?  And why only one more win with more talent? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Want to bet the media and NFL fans will do more than blink if they trade for Watson?

Didnt Ben have a checkered pass with rape allegations as well? That never became a big story. Obviously not as bad as Watson. I would hope the media would blink if they trade for Watson, but I wouldn't hold my breath. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Didnt Ben have a checkered pass with rape allegations as well? That never became a big story. Obviously not as bad as Watson. I would hope the media would blink if they trade for Watson, but I wouldn't hold my breath. 

It was a big deal and he got suspended 6 games for it with very little evidence. 

Watson will get at least a full year. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It was a big deal and he got suspended 6 games for it with very little evidence. 

Watson will get at least a full year. 

With the vengeance flo is rolling with it will be hard for the NFL to just let this ride, The white man has put him down. look at what the Dolphin's, Giants and Bronco's did to this rock stars career...Maybe the Texans too. 

Nothing worse than ole horse tooth showing up loaded... And Ross firing him for a millennial computer geek. 

But than again it could work out with DW coming over to the Steelers to be with his mentor...just saying.

15 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Because it was a girl at a bar vs 20+ hired to massage him.  Maybe if all are proven liars and charges disappeared as they did with Ben but thats doubtful, fans will remember