How long does Wilson get  

89 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion how much time does Zach deserve in 22

• Week 5 (Pull him)
    • Week 9 (Pull, Hal way through season)
    • Week 12 (Pull him)
    • All of 2022 regardless of play

22 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Why does being pessimistic about Wilson's future make one a coward?

Be pessimistic as much as you want. Sh*t on him a ton. It’s all opinion. 

Do NOT say you’re rooting for him love him hoping for him to be great being a big fan of him whilst sh*tting all over him. 

Have conviction in your hate.

Don’t be a coward. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Be pessimistic as much as you want. Sh*t on him a ton. It’s all opinion. 
Do NOT say you’re rooting for him love him hoping for him to be great being a big fan of him whilst sh*tting all over him. 
Have conviction in your hate.
Don’t be a coward. 
Agreed ... don't like him for whatever reason stick to you guns and make your point ... couching you position is a girly move.

I am and have been fully behind the Wilson train ... if he sh*ts the bed ill own it.
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Agreed ... don't like him for whatever reason stick to you guns and make your point ... couching you position is a girly move.

I am and have been fully behind the Wilson train ... if he sh*ts the bed ill own it.

Girly. 

So great. 

I would tag the girly men but I’m bigger than that. 

Not really. 

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Zach Wilson. Basically, we live or die with him it seems. 

Question, if Zach doesn't play well next year, how much time do you give him? Or do you give him all of 2022? 

For the record, I'm not a Zach hater, in fact I love nothing more than to see him shine. But reality is, he was pretty bad in 2021. With all the new upgrades in 2022, do we ride it out with him or move on earlier than we did with Sam? 

Your thoughts? Also, what do you consider improvement for him in 2022.

What, pray tell, are these upgrades you speak of? Presumably the team will have some intriguing additions in the form of picks; they will (hopefully) be better than what's already here, but as they are rookies, they'll still be wet behind the ears. And who is to say they will be on the offensive side of the ball? 

If Douglas spends any draft capital on a quarterback this draft, he is wasting his time and should be fired on the spot. So what would benching Wilson mid season achieve? A switch to Joe Flacco? How does that help the Jets?

Wilson will be the Jets quarterback for the season, barring any injury (God forbid).

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, WestCoastMole said:

What has Zach as a rookie done for anyone to question his competence ?

Fixed for you. He has played badly, and much worse than many expected. However, he was also a rookie, and many rookies play like that. So the better question would be what has he done after taking into account that he has only played in 17 NFL games that would make people very worried.

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Zach Wilson. Basically, we live or die with him it seems. 

Question, if Zach doesn't play well next year, how much time do you give him? Or do you give him all of 2022? 

For the record, I'm not a Zach hater, in fact I love nothing more than to see him shine. But reality is, he was pretty bad in 2021. With all the new upgrades in 2022, do we ride it out with him or move on earlier than we did with Sam? 

Your thoughts? Also, what do you consider improvement for him in 2022.

too long........

I put all of 2022 but I’ll amend that by saying he could be benched if terrible. I’m hoping 2022 isn’t another throwaway season we’ve had way too many of those. Look, you play to win the game not to break in a new Qb. So it’s up to JD to sign a good backup and if Zach falters give them a chance to play. JD can’t afford another 2 or 4 W season and most of us don’t want it we want to be competitive. QB is only one position not the entire team. You have to assume the Jets will be a lot better than the last 2 years. I think Zach improved last year get him better blocking and skill position players and he should be good. 

• Upvote 2

I know you are about wins. I see the offense taking a big step forward next year, (depending on draft) but defense will still lag behind. If the jets are top 15 in offense but only get to 8 wins max, would you take that as a second year QB?

he has to get a full 2022.

he only played 13 games so far. even if he looks bad at the midway point of the season thats just 21 games. if you pull him he is never playing for the Jets again.

and i dont think were getting anybody you care to see play over him. the backup will most likely be a vet like a Flacco. so why not give him the year.

we got lucky with Sam Darnold. alot of us needed that 3rd year to be sure. but what if we were wrong and a different HC with weapons turned him into a really good QB. we would be killing ourselves for letting him go.

we got to be sure before we let him go

that is my greatest "Jet Fan Fear". we have the right QB but let him go because he struggles 2-3 years and our impatient Owner and Fan base forced him out. and then were forced to watch him have success and bring another team to the playoff's year in and year out while we do that same dance every 3-4 years trying to find a QB just like him.

• Upvote 1