What does everyone do on non football Sunday’s?

kevinc855

Drinking wine mostly.  About to go make a velouté for some homemade macaroni and cheese.

My wife is watching a series which first appeared on CBC called "Anne with an E", so joined her today.  It's actually very well done.  Based loosely on "Anne of Green Gables".  Beautifully shot and something to watch with older pre-teens.  The girl who plays Anne is wonderful in the role.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Buon appetito.  

My Dad is gone now.  So I no longer get the porcini he'd bring back from Italy.   Those sold/imported here are shadow of the ones he'd secure from the foragers. 

Concur. Can only get dried but when I reconstitute them I use the mushroom soak right into the risotto. So good. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Concur. Can only get dried but when I reconstitute them I use the mushroom soak right into the risotto. So good. 

Yeah, most folks throw away the soaking water which is a sin.  I add it to my stock if making mushroom risotto.  I always advise cooks to keep the water even for a future use.  Just make sure to avoid the grit at the bottom of your soaking vessel. 

Honestly, most dried porcini sold here are not from Italy.  They are imported from China or Eastern Europe, which are inferior at best or trash at worst.

47 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I cleaned out my garage, detailed my car, and changed out headlight buckets on my bike. 

Will start hitting the golf sim next weekend in preparation for this spring.  

I envy the southerners that have the endless summers. 

It’s not really that great down south , Jimmy. 
I’m only playing golf 4x this week. Monday and Thursday are the 3rd and final rounds of a two man combined net tournament. Tuesday my Members league, and Saturday I’m playing the Myrtle Beach TPC.

It might be a little too chilly though (high 60’s-low70’s to go to the Beach cabana or out on the boat this week, so Wednesday and Friday will be down days.

• Haha 2