OT: Juwan Howard Strikes Joe Krabbenhoft After Michigan-Wisconsin Game

34 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It almost caused a brawl between the teams and it could've spilled over to the fans.  In other words, a potentially very dangerous situation created all due to Juwan Howard's immaturity.  And it's his 2nd "anger management" issue within the past year.

Keep in mind that Howard left his starters in while Wisconsin had their backups in.  And Michigan was playing press defense.  To get even get upset at all (let alone enough to start physical violence!) at the Wisconsin coach for calling a timeout shows that Howard is clueless.  He has absolutely no business being a head coach.  

It’s sports. Emotions and tempers run hot sometimes. Everybody is fine. Calm down. 

48 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Just a really horrible collar grip by Howard there. If you’re going to grab the same side collar you have to either stiff arm to keep distance or keep the elbow down to prevent the underhook. Howard does neither. If I’m one of his players I can’t stay with someone whose standup game is that weak. 

Thank you. Haha 

• Haha 1

Again, if it happens a 3rd time and someone gets seriously injured (or worse), are people going to say "we had no way to see this coming"?

On top of that, Howard's reason for getting upset in the first place wasn't even valid.  So he invents reasons to be upset enough to start physical violence and people defend him?!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Again, if it happens a 3rd time and someone gets seriously injured (or worse), are people going to say "we had no way to see this coming"?

On top of that, Howard's reason for getting upset in the first place wasn't even valid.  So he invents reasons to be upset enough to start physical violence and people defend him?!

I coached hoops for years, so I get the reasoning for being pissed that the guy called a TO with 14 sec left and his team was up by 12 pts. The flip side, if you're down 12 with 14 secs left, why the F*ck are you pressing their backups? Howard will have a long time to reflect on this. Probably till next October.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I mean he'll get a brief suspension over this. The goal of that suspension will be to deter him from doing it again. He can take it two ways. 

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

I coached hoops for years, so I get the reasoning for being pissed that the guy called a TO with 14 sec left and his team was up by 12 pts. The flip side, if you're down 12 with 14 secs left, why the F*ck are you pressing their backups? Howard will have a long time to reflect on this. Probably till next October.

If Michigan is still playing hard then Wisconsin had every right to also take the game seriously and call a TO.  Plus Wisconsin had their backups in while Michigan still had their starters in.  It's not like Wisconsin was trying to run up the score.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fists being thrown by players, all started by Juwan Howard's overreaction.  And people are excusing this behavior from a HC?!  

You seem pretty outraged.  He should get suspended 5 games without pay and told next incident results in his dismissal.

WI coach didn't have to grab him and stop him from moving on.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

You seem pretty outraged.  He should get suspended 5 games without pay and told next incident results in his dismissal.

WI coach didn't have to grab him and stop him from moving on.

Whatever the suspension the Big Ten (or the NCAA) puts on him, Michigan should fire him.

Btw, this was already the "next incident".

• Upvote 2

Wisconsin coach should not get off scot free in this. Howard was perfectly happy to walk right by him and just head the locker room. Wiscy coached grabbed Howard by the arm, pulled him back and started pointing and yelling at him.

Howard has to be able to control himself in that situation and should never ever swing at anyone....but this doesn't happen if the Wiscy coach didn't grab him to try and get in his face.

Both need to be suspended, not just Howard.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fists being thrown by players, all started by Juwan Howard's overreaction.  And people are excusing this behavior from a HC?!  

Interesting perspective because what I see is that this was clearly started by the fat white bald dude who initiated the physical contact.  Howard simply said "I'll remember that sh*t" which if fine, and then fat white bald dude jumps on the scene and aggressively grabs Howard. He grabs his arm, pushes it back and starts trying to control Howard physically.  Howard said "dont touch me" - the man continued to touch him.  Honestly surprised Howard didnt knock him out the second he grabbed his arm because homeboy had no reason to touch Howard.  

Thanks for posting, totally shines light on what really happened and it's totally the fat white bald dudes fault. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

35 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Interesting perspective because what I see is that this was clearly started by the fat white bald dude who initiated the physical contact.  Howard simply said "I'll remember that sh*t" which if fine, and then fat white bald dude jumps on the scene and aggressively grabs Howard. He grabs his arm, pushes it back and starts trying to control Howard physically.  Howard said "dont touch me" - the man continued to touch him.  Honestly surprised Howard didnt knock him out the second he grabbed his arm because homeboy had no reason to touch Howard.  

Thanks for posting, totally shines light on what really happened and it's totally the fat white bald dudes fault. 

Juwan Howard was very threatened by Wisconsin's coach holding his arm?  LMAO!

JH was "lucky" he escaped from such a dangerous situation!

EDIT: Also, can you believe that the Wisconsin coach (who had his bench on the floor) called timeout instead of letting Michigan just steal the ball or get it back on a 10 second violation?!  How "rude" was it of Wisconsin to not give up even though it was clear Michigan wasn't giving up!

20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Juwan Howard was very threatened by Wisconsin's coach holding his arm?  LMAO!

JH was "lucky" he escaped from such a dangerous situation!

EDIT: Also, can you believe that the Wisconsin coach (who had his bench on the floor) called timeout instead of letting Michigan just steal the ball or get it back on a 10 second violation?!  How "rude" was it of Wisconsin to not give up even though it was clear Michigan wasn't giving up!

The moment another person lays a finger on you it's a self defense situation. Fundamental rule and universally agreed on as well. Period end of story. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Bruce Arians ran on the field of play and assaulted a player to avoid a penalty and it was cool! 

I remember seeing a lot of press for that... it wasn't kool. He grabbed his own player NOT the other team. BIG difference.  But yes, your own narrative. 

The NFL fined Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians $50,000 on Wednesday for hitting his own player on the helmet during Tampa's 31-15 victory over the Eagles. Arians swatted Tampa Bay safety Andrew Adams following a Philadelphia muffed punt as the coach attempted to prevent an personal-foul penalty

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The moment another person lays a finger on you it's a self defense situation. Fundamental rule and universally agreed on as well. Period end of story. 

You saw that and thought "self-defense"?  No you didn't.  Nor did Juwan Howard.

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Ok cowboy, go get the Winchester 1863 lol

the issue is they both represent university’s and are in leadership positions and should know better.